Seahawks Sign Mario Edwards

BASF

Reaction score
A lot of success in the trenches in football is predicated on chemistry. Line play is contingent on whether or not you play well with the guy next to you. It is how you get lines that play above their draft status. It is how you can get a line with all high picks that do not fit well together and disappoint. Bringing Edwards in is to see if he vibes with the linemates and can make a serious contribution.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think the goal this year was to a. stop the run, and b. get more explosive

As many have said it takes cohesion to sop the run. Stopping the run does not mean bottling it up for 95% of the time and allowing two explosive td's. We got stout vets running the line now. I feel very very good. And I think they will add another body, another enticing body.

I also haven't heard Pete hint at running it back defensively, I heard rumblings of the red bryant role being resurrected. I think we're going back to pre-snap defensive assignments being the norm. That's what I've heard. And the talent in our secondary is elite.

And our offense should build leads early, I would think is part of this equation. Pretty obvious scoring points is the goal...

Scout

Reaction score
Edwards is a very good under the radar signing. Just adding another body to the rotation as Edwards can kick inside on passing downs if needed.

Latest posts