Seahawks shopping cart

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Kevin Zeitler I think is a cert. I think JS tried to get him before. Possibly Patrick Queen depending on the asking price.

Got to imagine Leonard Williams is first priority though. If we hear nothing on Monday he is likely gone.

I've heard Geno Stone mentioned.

Is there any ex Jets? We seem to like a Jets reclamation project. At least we did under PC.

Guessing one of our FA TE's will be re-signed cheaply. Possibly Parkinson or Dissly in the summer if the market isn't there for him.

We have the cap space and I think we will be spenders in the first wave of FA. We can also open up more if needed with Lockett.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
They'll probably havew to overpay for MLB. The draft is not rich with them. Of those available, I'd probably pick Devin White. But I suspect Brooks will be brought back.

If they sink a bunch of resources into safety again, after having just released Adams and Diggs, I'll die a little inside. Please no. Please?

Jordan Elliott, formerly with the Browns, would be a younger replacement for Mario Edwars. Or Raekwon Davis, who was with Miami. Or Justin Jones, Bears. Or Tim Settle, Buffalo.

There's kind of a lot of guards with experience available. Mike Onwenu is intriguing. He was a Pat. But John Simpson is probably the target, he seemed to elevate last year in Baltimore.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Frankie Luvu from Carolina. Dude is underrated but someone who could definitely fit into Mike Macdonald's defense. In 2023, he combined for 125 tackles, 10 Tfl's and 11 QB hits. He flies all-round all over the field, hits like a Mac truck, and can cover. I know the general consensus is Queen should be the guy because of his familiarity, but don't sleep on Luvu. He's a beast.

xray

Reaction score
Guard - John Simpson

Safety - Julian Blackmon

LB - Patrick Queen

Edge - Jadeveon Clowney

Ring me up, Scotty!
^
Yep , but I'm not hot for Clowney . He can only resurrect himself so many times . ;)

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If McKinney makes it to free agency, Bears and Seahawks should both be interested.

Chevy

Reaction score
We have freed up a lot of cap space for this year, and we will have a heck of a lot more next year. So, JS can sign some contracts, this year, that more money is on year 2 of the player's contract. This will give us the ability to sign more that just one top tier player this year. I have us signing players under 30 years old, since we are in a bit of a rebuild.

My shopping cart...

(OLB/DE) Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 lbs (25 years old): Huff has developed into one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. He has an elite first step, great bend, and relentless motor. He is coming off a 10 sack, 67 total pressure season as a backup player. The knock on him is his run defense, but I have read from Jets insiders, that he is better against the run than he is given credit for. We don't have anyone one on our roster that has Huff's quickness. He would be our top free agent signing outside of our own DT Leonard Williams. Projected $15 million per year.

(LG) John Simpson 6'4" 330 lbs (26 years old): Simpson is another player that has developed into a good starter. He would be an upgrade at LG at a projected $6 million a year. He would be great value at that price. I have seen Zitler as a fit, because of JS had past interest in him. But, Zitler is now 34 years old! Doesn't make sense to sign a old player when he has maybe two decent years left in him.

(DE/DT) Raekwon Davis 6'6" 311 lbs (26 years old): Davis is an athletic big man for his size. While he has been a bit of a disappointment (former 2nd round pick) as a DT in a 4-3 defense. I think his size and skill set is PERFECT as a 3-4 DE, with our coaching staff. Two big long athletic DEs in Davis and Big Cat will be a problem for opposing offensive lines. Projected $4 million per year for two years.

(ILB) Frankie Luvu 6'3" 235 lbs (27 years old): Luvu is a hard hitting, athletic, force multiplier. He can be a menace in our new defense. Projected $10 million per year.

(ILB) Isaiah Simmons 6'4" 238 lbs (25 years old): Simmons was top-10 1st round draft pick. He ran a 4.39 40-yard dash and had a 39 inch vertical jump. He was a bit of a bust with Arizona, but that is more because they tried playing him at too many different positions. He played better with the Giants, and their fans want to bring him back. I think his coverage skills will offset Luvu lack of coverage skills. Both are great athletic ILB that our coaches can play to their strengths. Projected $3 million for one year.

There is a better video of him, but it restricts coping. So anyways you can see his length and athleticism.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If they sink a bunch of resources into safety again, after having just released Adams and Diggs, I'll die a little inside. Please no. Please?
There are a couple tons of safeties that are getting cut around the league. Now is a bad time to be a safety looking for work and expecting a big payday. So hopefully, we can get some safety help for relatively cheap.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There are a couple tons of safeties that are getting cut around the league. Now is a bad time to be a safety looking for work and expecting a big payday. So hopefully, we can get some safety help for relatively cheap.
I think the resources need to be directed at the line of scrimmage. And I think they're better off at safety than the departure of two vets suggests. I'd admit that they need toughness there.

I'm not sure about the free agents, but the dudes from Utah and Wake Forest (Bishop and Mustapha) in the draft fit the bill, and measured well at the combine. They're leader types, punishing tacklers, and played all over the field. Edit: I guess Bishop had short arms, but he's an absolute dog.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We have freed up a lot of cap space for this year, and we will have a heck of a lot more next year. So, JS can sign some contracts, this year, that more money is on year 2 of the player's contract. This will give us the ability to sign more that just one top tier player this year. I have us signing players under 30 years old, since we are in a bit of a rebuild.

My shopping cart...

(OLB/DE) Bryce Huff 6'3" 255 lbs (25 years old): Huff has developed into one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. He has an elite first step, great bend, and relentless motor. He is coming off a 10 sack, 67 total pressure season as a backup player. The knock on him is his run defense, but I have read from Jets insiders, that he is better against the run than he is given credit for. We don't have anyone one on our roster that has Huff's quickness. He would be our top free agent signing outside of our own DT Leonard Williams. Projected $15 million per year.

(LG) John Simpson 6'4" 330 lbs (26 years old): Simpson is another player that has developed into a good starter. He would be an upgrade at LG at a projected $6 million a year. He would be great value at that price. I have seen Zitler as a fit, because of JS had past interest in him. But, Zitler is now 34 years old! Doesn't make sense to sign a old player when he has maybe two decent years left in him.

(DE/DT) Raekwon Davis 6'6" 311 lbs (26 years old): Davis is an athletic big man for his size. While he has been a bit of a disappointment (former 2nd round pick) as a DT in a 4-3 defense. I think his size and skill set is PERFECT as a 3-4 DE, with our coaching staff. Two big long athletic DEs in Davis and Big Cat will be a problem for opposing offensive lines. Projected $4 million per year for two years.

(ILB) Frankie Luvu 6'3" 235 lbs (27 years old): Luvu is a hard hitting, athletic, force multiplier. He can be a menace in our new defense. Projected $10 million per year.

(ILB) Isaiah Simmons 6'4" 238 lbs (25 years old): Simmons was top-10 1st round draft pick. He ran a 4.39 40-yard dash and had a 39 inch vertical jump. He was a bit of a bust with Arizona, but that is more because they tried playing him at too many different positions. He played better with the Giants, and their fans want to bring him back. I think his coverage skills will offset Luvu lack of coverage skills. Both are great athletic ILB that our coaches can play to their strengths. Projected $3 million for one year.

There is a better video of him, but it restricts coping. So anyways you can see his length and athleticism.

Great job putting this all together man thank you

Latest posts