Seahawks reportedly offered a 2nd round pick for QB Brissett

Jville

Reaction score
quadsas":1derjjwl said:
Jville":1derjjwl said:
I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

Jacoby Brissett committed to the University of Florida in 2011.

Brissett transferred to North Carolina State in his final year.

The same school Russell Wilson played at in all but his final collegian year.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.

Whats your point? That this make sense? It still doesn't. I cant believe Colts refused, its a free 2nd rounder for them

:177692: Hey, if you want to dismiss taking any time to look into any background information or connections to support the sport of moaning and groaning ..... you can. It's easy. It requires virtually nothing from it's practitioner.

But, it doesn't contribute any useful information.

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":fai0r9w9 said:
I know great sport is made of speculation. So how about looking for possible connections?

Brennan Carroll was the national recruiter coordinator for the University of Miami from 2011 thru 2014.

If ya want to actually understand something, ya gotta at least try to make the effort, look into some resumes and do a little homework.

He did not transfer his final year. He played 2014 and 2015 for NC State (trust me I watched him like I have watched Rivers, Glennon, RW)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
quadsas":2woqguvd said:
Jville":2woqguvd said:

Whats your point? That this make sense? It still doesn't. I cant believe Colts refused, its a free 2nd rounder for them

If true, I’m trying to figure out which FO was dumber here...the one which offered a 2nd round pick for Brissett or the one who declined the offer.

Jville

Reaction score
mikeak":8rg6t2w7 said:
Jville":8rg6t2w7 said:

He did not transfer his final year. He played 2014 and 2015 for NC State (trust me I watched him like I have watched Rivers, Glennon, RW)

Your right. That was in error.

Still there is what I think are telling connections.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This place isn't nearly skeptical enough. People do in fact make stuff up on the internet to further their own agendas and this story is dubious on several fronts.

Luck is much more fragile than Wilson and the value of a backup QB is higher to the Colts than it is to us. The Colts 3rd string QB is a UDFA rated significantly lower than either Austin Davis or Alex McGough.

The Seahawks traded our 2019 2nd for Duane Brown, and it is extremely unlikely that a high 2020 pick would be dealt at this time. The only 2020 picks that get moved at this time of year are very late conditional picks, such as the Bills 7th (conditional) for Corey Coleman or the Broncos 6th (conditional) for Su'a Cravens. It is possible that some sort of pick exchange could have been offered, but then the reported offer is flat out wrong and misleading.

Lastly, the rumor source is from a Patriots columnist who's most likely connection is to Brissett himself or Brissett's agent based on his tenure in NE. The interest in Brissett from the Hawks might be legitimate as that's something that Brissett could be aware of, but Brissett would obviously not be involved in any sort of compensation talks. The Colts FO, on the other hand, has strong motivation to inflate Brissett's value while the Hawks FO has motivation to keep proposed compensation quiet. There's no reason to think that a source here, if it exists, would be giving 100% honest information.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
So Brissett is worth a 2nd rounder but hewhoshallnotbenamed is not?

Talk about putting things in perspective.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don’t know about what was offered but the NC State football forum reported that the Colts had turned down an offer from the Seahawks back before the summer. The report never said what was offered though.

Steve2222

Reaction score
How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

Beren

Reaction score
A second rounder for a back-up? So thankful they turned us down.

Jville

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1o177j8q said:
I don’t know about what was offered but the NC State football forum reported that the Colts had turned down an offer from the Seahawks back before the summer. The report never said what was offered though.

Thanks ....... that provides a relative date in time to a recycled and now updated story line. :2thumbs: It fits time wise.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":lqadfyvj said:
How is saying Kap is avaliable trolling? So Brisset for a second is a better alternative than Kap on free agency? Just in case you guys aren’t aware, Kap >>>>>>>>>> Brisset >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Davis

You're right, and I wish we had him, but it's over for Kaep.

Jville

Reaction score
adeltaY":35204szk said:
Steve2222":35204szk said:

Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to be Here' and 'Passed' on Contract ---- John Elway. >>> [urltargetblank]http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/16/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-denver-broncos-backup-quarterback-options[/urltargetblank]

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I don't believe this. I don't believe anybody would offer a second rounder for Brissett, and I don't believe anybody would turn down a second rounder for Brissett.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jville":1sqk7oy9 said:
adeltaY":1sqk7oy9 said:
Steve2222":1sqk7oy9 said:

Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to be Here' and 'Passed' on Contract ---- John Elway. >>> [urltargetblank]http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/08/16/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-denver-broncos-backup-quarterback-options[/urltargetblank]

What has that got to do with the Seahawks or anyone else signing him? Elway demanded he take a paycut while he offered Osweiler 16M a year. There was no reason for Kaep to take such a low ball deal at the time.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I find a 2nd for Brissett hard to believe, from the times I saw Brissett play. Would be very poor use of draft capital.

I thought Cardale Jones of San Diego looked decent as a developmental QB prospect. But our own rookie McGough looked even better. If San Diego releases either Smith or Jones, the Hawks should kick the tires.

All things considered, McGough, in last night's game, gave me the feeling like anytime he's under center, something great is about to happen, and we always have a chance. Hell, the last time I felt that way in preseason was... 2012 with Russell Wilson! And the last time before that I felt that way in preseason was... Sean Salisbury!!

Does anybody else even remember what a preseason garbage time phenom Sean Salisbury was for the Seahawks, back in the 1900's? OK, so it wasn't the 1900's, it just seems that long ago.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Perhaps someone misheard and a "seventh" was the offer?

I don't buy the Seahawks would value a second round pick at the level of backup quarterback. Believing that would, I think, require the assumption that Russell Wilson will not be retained.

Latest posts