Seahawks Presser at 11am Wed-Sherm's extension signed!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2bp8lcno said:
Retweeted by Danny Kelly
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m
Full Sherman deal would be 5 years, $58.831M -- an average of more than $11M, easily tops for any multiyear deal.
That looks very team friendly even without the exact terms.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's a great day to be a Seahawk! Fat contract for Mr. Sherman and he deserves it.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Someone show that tweet that DeAngelo Hall sent to Richard Sherman saying they should compare bank accounts.

Basis4day

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":83723k0d said:
Hawknballs":83723k0d said:
Retweeted by Danny Kelly
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m
Full Sherman deal would be 5 years, $58.831M -- an average of more than $11M, easily tops for any multiyear deal.
That looks very team friendly even without the exact terms.

With the future salary cap projections, absolutely.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":26z23g8u said:
Hasselbeck":26z23g8u said:
Now how many of you feel like this offseason was a dud? They made cap friendly offers in FA to some veteran pieces.. who didn't bite for the most part.. but were able to lock up the best safety and corner in the game all while having more than enough cap room next year to lock up Russ, Wagner, etc.

Wagner? Nope. Wags is gone after his rookie deal. Same for Wright, Smith and probably Irvin as well.

Wags isn't going anywhere IMO. I can see us keeping Malcolm since he figures to be cheaper unless he explodes this year.. then they will fill the rest with the draft/UDFA

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Get home from college after finishing up classes for my Masters Degree and am greeted by this? Dam its a good day.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
$11M+ average over 5 years. That's what I predicted way back when. Good stuff.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Woot, looks like I won the Sherman prediction thread for guarantee, even though we all underestimated; haha.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
What time does Revis announce he is holding out for more money?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2kodf2k3 said:
McGruff":2kodf2k3 said:
Hasselbeck":2kodf2k3 said:
Now how many of you feel like this offseason was a dud? They made cap friendly offers in FA to some veteran pieces.. who didn't bite for the most part.. but were able to lock up the best safety and corner in the game all while having more than enough cap room next year to lock up Russ, Wagner, etc.

Wagner? Nope. Wags is gone after his rookie deal. Same for Wright, Smith and probably Irvin as well.

Wags isn't going anywhere IMO. I can see us keeping Malcolm since he figures to be cheaper unless he explodes this year.. then they will fill the rest with the draft/UDFA
That would be what I figure also. And Irvin isn't going anywhere either, it does take 3-4 years to develop a pass rusher and why even be worried now given we have him for 3 more years if need be.

Happy

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1n04tu7j said:
What time does Revis announce he is holding out for more money?

Revis is def pissed off right about now.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":17fbfdxd said:
MizzouHawkGal":17fbfdxd said:
McGruff":17fbfdxd said:
Hasselbeck":17fbfdxd said:

Uh....I can't tell if you're being serious or not here? I figure me may lose one, maybe two if disaster strikes but all three? C'mon now.
Agree MHG. Wags isn't going anywhere IMO.

I know this is off topic, but . . .

Is Wagner one of the top 2-3 MLB's in the league?

Is Wagner one of the top 10-12 players on the team?

If the answer to either of those questions is "no" then he will not be offered a big enough contract to remain on the team.