Seahawks Presser at 11am Wed-Sherm's extension signed!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Happy gif

Happy

ebc9976b264bfd5ebb93b24bdf03aa0c.gif

257024ef_the_shaq_shimmy-62781.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be the same type of deal as Earl where the four "extension years" make him the highest paid CB in the league but the 5-year average is pretty favorable to the team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Now how many of you feel like this offseason was a dud? They made cap friendly offers in FA to some veteran pieces.. who didn't bite for the most part.. but were able to lock up the best safety and corner in the game all while having more than enough cap room next year to lock up Russ, Wagner, etc.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":34zfr2af said:
Now how many of you feel like this offseason was a dud? They made cap friendly offers in FA to some veteran pieces.. who didn't bite for the most part.. but were able to lock up the best safety and corner in the game all while having more than enough cap room next year to lock up Russ, Wagner, etc.
But how will we ever replace Golden Tate? :sarcasm_off:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1rvhc8w4 said:
Scottemojo":1rvhc8w4 said:
MidwestHawker":1rvhc8w4 said:
Hope that's four years on top of his contract year like Thomas's was, but I suspect it may not be since Sherm's final year of his rookie deal pays him peanuts.
Of course it is an extension. The big signing bonus takes care of this year's paltry salary.

It's pretty common to rip up the final year of the current contract in working out an extension. Anyway, I hope you're right.
I would be utterly shocked if Seattle gave up a year of player control to make Richard the highest paid CB outright. That year was pretty much their only leverage and the only really good reason for the Hawks to pursue an extension now.

I suspect that the 4 new years will make Richard more than 13 mil each. But when you factor in this year, his average per year will be closer to 11. Just a guess.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":fwpgr5zt said:

Wagner? Nope. Wags is gone after his rookie deal. Same for Wright, Smith and probably Irvin as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McGruff":cwceijps said:
Hasselbeck":cwceijps said:

Wagner? Nope. Wags is gone after his rookie deal. Same for Wright, Smith and probably Irvin as well.
Uh....I can't tell if you're being serious or not here? I figure me may lose one, maybe two if disaster strikes but all three? C'mon now.

Cartire

Reaction score
Threat title needs to be updated with CONFIRMED

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":awd5ha0x said:
McGruff":awd5ha0x said:
Hasselbeck":awd5ha0x said:

Uh....I can't tell if you're being serious or not here? I figure me may lose one, maybe two if disaster strikes but all three? C'mon now.
Agree MHG. Wags isn't going anywhere IMO.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Retweeted by Danny Kelly
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m
Full Sherman deal would be 5 years, $58.831M -- an average of more than $11M, easily tops for any multiyear deal.