Seahawks practice Squad signings

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Haven't seen a dedicated thread yet. Here's the list so far, more coming in obviously. Can't lie, Polite is intriguing. 3rd round pick by the Jets this year. It sounds like he had motivation issues. Either way, I like the flyer on this guy

Screenshot 20190901 104647

GLio14

Reaction score
Had no idea Hollister was PS eligible. Love that we get to keep him aboard.

jmahon316

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1vu5ssm7 said:
Polite is intriguing. 1st round talent, UDFA head.

After seeing the buzz from Seahawks fans on the twitter announcement, I looked up his highlights on youtube and I'm really excited about this guy, especially under Pete and Norton's guidance and mentoring.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Saw a couple Tweets from Jets reporters saying Polite racked up over $100,000 in fines during his short stay with the Jets. He's gonna need to have some guidance with the Hawks.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Glad to see Jazz, Holister and Terry Wright made it to the PS. All 3 have potential and Jazz in particular should get the time to develop and maybe called up later in the season or at least another chance next year.

I still think Jennings would've cleared waivers and Jazz earned that last spot but at least Jazz is still in the program.

Fade

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2i1harxp said:
Glad to see Jazz, Holister and Terry Wright made it to the PS. All 3 have potential and Jazz in particular should get the time to develop and maybe called up later in the season or at least another chance next year.

I still think Jennings would've cleared waivers and Jazz earned that last spot but at least Jazz is still in the program.

It worked out for the Seahawks. They didn't have to put their 4th rdr on waivers, and their two promising UDFA WRs cleared waivers, and made it to the practice squad.

Good job Seahawks.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":ipgj6h8d said:

Contrary to what I said in another post, I'm glad Jazz is back also. I said what I said in the heat of the moment because I'm not a fan of them keeping some of the guys they did on the 53 over him. But either way, it's good to see him here. I still think he has a good shot of being on the active game day roster at some point this year, unless another team plucks him up.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1168233967381663744[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1168234242649673728[/tweet]

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Despite how I felt about Jazz making the 53, I’m not anti-Jazz. In fact, his size and speed makes him an amazing prospect. I just don’t think he’s ready yet. He needs more polish in his technique and route running, and hopefully the practice squad allows for that growth. And I still think Jennings will get the chance to show why we picked him.

Love the Polite signing too. And I love that we brought Wright back. Our Front office is A+++

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Man if Polite can work through his issues and become a player for us imo this pretty much can be seen as negating losing Martin or that 2020 3rd Rounder. It’s wait and see but if Polite can put it together, I basically just would look at the Clowney trade as this:

3 years of Jacob Martin for 1 year of Jadeveon Clowney at a $7 mil discount if that pft report is true. *

*If you’re also in the camp that Mingo likely would have been cut

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1168248950622572544[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1168249018276708352[/tweet]

Lightone3232

Reaction score
I gotta say, the moves we've made this off season are looking like the best in a long time

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jazz cleared obviously the Seahawks FO had information we didn't i'm glad he made it . Were still really thin on Vet WR's though now that Brown has been cut .

McGruff

Reaction score
My thing with Jazz had nothing to do with Jazz. Hes a fine prospect.

It was people getting all verklempt about either losing him, or him not passing through waivers.

32 teams passed him 8 times apiece. His preseason tape was mixed at best. Few teams are going to set aside active roster spots for guys like that.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":2wt0tqgf said:

It was people getting all verklempt about either losing him, or him not passing through waivers.

32 teams passed him 8 times apiece. His preseason tape was mixed at best. Few teams are going to set aside active roster spots for guys like that.

We'll see how Jennings looks on game day then we'll know if it was the right decision.

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":20ig02ro said:

Yeah, that was kind of funny for a bit, until it got tired. Jazz looks like a great prospect, as you say, but he had one good pre-season game, playing with the QB that got cut. After that, drops and flubs.

Glad he made the PS, maybe in a season or two he'll make the 53.

Kind of surprised we didn't grab a QB for the PS, though.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I am surprised that they still kept Roos on the practice squad. He looked dreadful in the pre-season games.

Latest posts