Seahawks.NET Celebrates 20 Years!

Eltagi

Reaction score
Aros":1gt0qvqq said:
Eltagi":1gt0qvqq said:
chet380":1gt0qvqq said:
Does anyone remember the AOL Hawks page or the Seahawks newsgroup from the early '90s?

Good lord, yes (the netnews group anyway). rec.sport.football.pro.seattle-seahawks - something like that. I remember the likes of Bill Besette...

Wow, Bill Besette...Now that is a name I haven't heard in YEARS!

Ha - I guess that ages us both somewhat! :) He liked to be known as William latterly - had his own website which I haven't visited for, what, 10 years or so. Can't remember what it was (no idea if it's still available), but it wasn't solely Seahawks stuff on there.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
chet380":3n9e8c1m said:
Does anyone remember the AOL Hawks page or the Seahawks newsgroup from the early '90s?
I remember the mid to late 90s being a heady time. In late '96, early '97 a bunch of us AFC West fans on AOL decided their NFL boards just weren't good enough so we created our own Wild Wild West site, which then grew into NFLFans.com. You had Bill "Squidly" Bissett's fansite, Becky's Place, Kohary's Cove and my own little Seahawk's Nest. Then Aros started Seahawks98. I joined the site as a casual member to check it out and fell in love with it. I left NFLFans.com in '99, shut down my site, and became a fulltime member here, eventually becoming a mod for a short time. I've been around, at least lurking, for all the iterations of this community and it remains one of my favorite places on the internet.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkboi":2skwoylx said:
MizHawk and Myself have many fond memories of .Net Gatherings in Cheney, and Pre-Funking at Temples for games we have been fortunate to attend. Miss a lot that's happened over the past 20 years, but looking forward to the New! :irishdrinkers:

You and your lovely bride were a big part of my fond memories in Cheney and pre-funking. So glad you are still around!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeatownJay":17cfbfjj said:
chet380":17cfbfjj said:
I remember the mid to late 90s being a heady time. In late '96, early '97 a bunch of us AFC West fans on AOL decided their NFL boards just weren't good enough so we created our own Wild Wild West site, which then grew into NFLFans.com. You had Bill "Squidly" Bissett's fansite, Becky's Place, Kohary's Cove and my own little Seahawk's Nest. Then Aros started Seahawks98. I joined the site as a casual member to check it out and fell in love with it. I left NFLFans.com in '99, shut down my site, and became a fulltime member here, eventually becoming a mod for a short time. I've been around, at least lurking, for all the iterations of this community and it remains one of my favorite places on the internet.

I remember all of that...Squidly, Becky's Place, your Nest...All fond memories and good times! We were all (and still are) passionate Seahawks fans just wanted our voices to be heard on this expansive new network called the internet. The friendships and bonds forged through our sites is immeasurable.

Eltagi

Reaction score
SeatownJay":88i7ve4n said:
chet380":88i7ve4n said:
Bill "Squidly" Bissett's fansite

Ah yes, I remember now (sort of) - Bill's website had "squidly" somewhere in his URL. Thanks for the reminder!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Congrats! Many thanks for getting .NET started Aros and to those involved in keeping it going! :irishdrinkers:

homerun1970

Reaction score
Yes Aros you should be proud. I just hope no one manages to figure out how much lost productivity this place has caused. Thanks to all that have helped keep the place runnng through the years.

acer1240

Reaction score
Thanks for this post Todd. This site has been an amazing part of my life for many years. Thank you for creating my online home

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice to see Les there happy and looking good, Kitsap and then is that Aros in the back and Rockhawk also.

The Amber days were fun times.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
E2pirDRl

Front row: Gandalf, Doug Farrar, Amber, ? (maybe AudioEffects?) , Matt Wolfe, Me, Les, Hawkstorian, Kidhawk.

Back row: Buckethead Jones, Aros, ? (could be a young Rockhawk, not sure though) :oops:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
And then MontanaHawk05 found the place and it was all downhill from there.

Thanks to Aros, Mark, Neal, and everyone else who made the place what it is.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DesiHawk":i3ienkfe said:
Congratulations and Thanks each and everyone for making this place as awesome as it is. :229031_thewave:

You're welcome.

Latest posts