Seahawks may pursue Freeney and Wayne

jblaze

Reaction score
This is all smoke and mirrors by the front office to put pressure on Rogers/RW to get a deal done.

We have decent WR depth and Wayne doesn't have a unique skillset at this point in his career. Freeney would be a low snap rotational nickel package type. Don't forget we're trying to get Clark and Marsh snaps this year because they're both showing plenty of promise.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I would take the real talent: Wilson! I hope he signs this week!!!!!!!!!

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Wes Welker has more left than Reggie Wayne. I'd rather see a signing of Wes Welker or James Jones than Wayne.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jblaze":1nk793de said:
This is all smoke and mirrors by the front office to put pressure on Rogers/RW to get a deal done.

We have decent WR depth and Wayne doesn't have a unique skillset at this point in his career. Freeney would be a low snap rotational nickel package type. Don't forget we're trying to get Clark and Marsh snaps this year because they're both showing plenty of promise.
Abso-freakin-lutely. They "leak" a story about how they are fine with not getting a Wilson deal, and even have plans for his money.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wayne signed with the Packers already. Wouldn't mind Freeney on a try-out.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Just another "woulda-coulda-shoulda" story by another bored ESPN reporter. This is pure tripe! You heard it here first! :pukeface:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
#1 We don't have $20 million set aside.

#2 We will need the $5 or $6 million, that we would have used on Russell's signing bonus, next year if we are forced to franchise him.

#3 This is pure speculation. I would love it if we added an experienced veteran, a la Kevin Williams last year, but I would be surprised to see it happen given Russell's contract uncertainty.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
I'm with "fridayfrenzy",..........

...........Evan Mathis.

Money well-spent (protecting a QB who will be playing for his future).

Protect Wilson's ass!!!!!!!!!!!

GuarOnteed,...............this guy will play for a ring!!

For acceptable terms.

peppersjap

Reaction score
chris98251":2x7slper said:
I would rather give Rice a chance as depth to Lynch of Turbin is not a full go.

Yeah he has some issues but he will be playing for a contract somewhere else and this would be a good showcase in a offense that is run featured.
Why would you rather sign the biggest negative media person we could possibly bring in? A Ray Rice signing would be a huge blow to the teams image and not even sure at this point it would be a huge upgrade to Michael or Turbin! Ray Rice is a woman beater and any team that signs him is going to feel all the pressure that comes with it. I don't want to win bad enough to see him on our team!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Even if I thought it made good football sense, no way would I sign Rice now. We would be the team who signed both Clark and Rice. We aren't Dullass.

-bsd

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
chris98251":2yudbuzp said:
I would rather give Rice a chance as depth to Lynch of Turbin is not a full go.

Yeah he has some issues but he will be playing for a contract somewhere else and this would be a good showcase in a offense that is run featured.
Ray Rice?? He was done as a football before he knocked his girlfriend out