Seahawks hold NFL records for being competitive 4+ years

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":260xx9km said:
I watched Inside The NFL tonight and Boomer is still balls deep in Cam's jock. I get that the Panthers are playing above their heads right now and there can be no doubt that Cam is having the year of his career, but Boomer refuses to go past the notion that the Seahawks are playing really well right now. He still puts the Panthers and Cardinals as the better teams in the NFC.

Now maybe this is just my 40 years of being a diehard Seahawks fan showing, and naturally I realize there are a lot of humans in the country who would agree with him but is it wrong for me to think that if the Seahawks face the Panthers in Carolina this January....Well, let me just say my vote is on the team with the championship pedigree...Not the team we have kicked out of the playoffs three times in the past 10 years.

I will proudly admit there is a lot of homerism to my thoughts here, but I'll be damned if it's not backed by the fact that we are STILL the team to beat in the NFC (two time NFC Champions) and playing like it right now.

NO team that has their head's on straight wants a piece of us in January.

A lot of people use analytics. According to stats:

The Panthers have a better points differential over the entire season (which makes sense, we've actually lost games and they haven't).

As hot as the Seahawks have been, the Panthers have come close to matching that hot streak in points scored, and have a more prolific offense over the course of the season.

They're undefeated, and beat us at home. If the positions were reversed, we'd be livid about the media jocking some team that we beat at THEIR house, coming to our house and beating us. The torches and pitchforks would be out in force at .Net

Boomer is one guy. I've heard people from Cowherd to many ESPN analysts saying they'd take Seattle, right now, even with our current stable of RB's. After I typed all that, I'd still take the Seahawks right now. Yet, I can see how, as a fan, Panthers fans would be a bit out of sorts that we're getting so much media attention and my team was getting disrespected.

sc85sis

Reaction score
It should be noted that Boomer is a huge Pete Carroll fan. He played for Pete in NY and has said Pete getting fired from the Jets and the Jets hiring Rich Kotite was like going from a Ph.D to elementary school.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":37s7tavz said:
These are the types of the numbers that a few of our confused AZ friends don't understand when they seem "baffled" by our label as a legit Super Bowl contender at 8-5.

It's not the Super Bowl contender label... I think we all would agree that Seattle is definitely in that group of teams.

What I've been talking about is how the Seahawks are the media darlings again after the recent stretch of wins (Pitt, Minn, Baltimore, Cleveland)... It's all over the Internet as well... The bandwagon that emptied at 2-4 is now full again at 9-5.

Don't worry though... If the Seahawks knock off the NFC East as well as Carolina and Arizona/Green Bay all on the road I will make a thread and apologize for being wrong.

You can quote me. ^^

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1ajk4e2o said:
Hawkpower":1ajk4e2o said:
These are the types of the numbers that a few of our confused AZ friends don't understand when they seem "baffled" by our label as a legit Super Bowl contender at 8-5.

It's not the Super Bowl contender label... I think we all would agree that Seattle is definitely in that group of teams.

What I've been talking about is how the Seahawks are the media darlings again after the recent stretch of wins (Pitt, Minn, Baltimore, Cleveland)... It's all over the Internet as well... The bandwagon that emptied at 2-4 is now full again at 9-5.

Don't worry though... If the Seahawks knock off the NFC East as well as Carolina and Arizona/Green Bay all on the road I will make a thread and apologize for being wrong.

You can quote me. ^^

Certainly you can understand why the media is covering the two time super bowl participants putting things together and closing the season on a strong run?

It's not "media darlings".... It's just, well, media

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2bdlv1t6 said:
Certainly you can understand why the media is covering the two time super bowl participants putting things together and closing the season on a strong run?

Yeah I get it... Same thing we heard last year. 2 months ago all we heard was how Seattle wasn't clicking and Wilson was regressing and now every NFC team doesn't want to play Seattle in the playoffs...

Sorry... I'd definitely feel that way if Seattle had HFA but I'm just not feeling it... As said though I will tip my cap if you pull it off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AZ_fan":15jszim5 said:
Uncle Si":15jszim5 said:

Yeah I get it... Same thing we heard last year. 2 months ago all we heard was how Seattle wasn't clicking and Wilson was regressing and now every NFC team doesn't want to play Seattle in the playoffs...

Sorry... I'd definitely feel that way if Seattle had HFA but I'm just not feeling it... As said though I will tip my cap if you pull it off.

I don't think the media is gearing their story selections to one or two fans In a select city....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AZ_fan":6cleo6rq said:
Uncle Si":6cleo6rq said:

You are praying that HFA will somehow make a difference......and we can certainly see why.

Good thing for Seattle it matters little. This team plays well on the road.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":2zn6f7di said:
Uncle Si":2zn6f7di said:

Well we had a good run guys, AZ Fan isn't feeling it. Pack it up, lets get set for 2016.

Latest posts