Seahawks Free agents after this season

Rob12

Reaction score
Gametime":dl28h6c1 said:
As long as the Ginga Ninja is back I'm good!!

But seriously, I think we need to take into account the players they may release or trade as well.

Lynch? Graham? Cary Williams?

LOT's of money there, plus the salary cap increase....... I think we'll be fine personally.

I think this is Lynch's last year here as much as that sucks. Father time is undefeated and it's at least easier to palate the way Rawls has looked. I can't see Cary Williams sticking when he is getting 7mil and IA for a playoff run? Graham is a tough one. The injury he has is not a walk in the park by any means. Tough to recover from and let's say we do actually win out and do well in the playoffs without him? How do you justify that salary next year when we won't him anything at the expense of an Irvin, Sweezy, or Okung? Or at least having money for other free agent signings?

Not to mention the Chancellor and Bennett off season that you KNOW is not going to be quiet.

It will be filled with news and shake ups to say the least but let's all hope we have this convo again in February and not early January!

If Cary has been so bad that he didn't even dress last week, I see no scenario in which he'll be a Seahawk in 2016. None. Not at that price tag. I mean we're pretty banged up and not very deep in the secondary, so if he doesn't even dress in a crucial late season game, there's no way he's here next season.

My opinion on Graham is not a popular one, but to me it's not a given that he's here next season. I've explained why before - no more guaranteed money from the Seahawks, a devastating injury that has a terrible track record throughout the league, and an offense that struggled with him. That's not to say he was the problem, because he absolutely wasn't. If I had my way, he'd make a full recovery and buck the trend on this type of injury because I would absolutely love to have him back next season. Him and Russ seemed to gel more and more over the past few weeks. It's a damn shame all the way around, but looking at it logically I think it's a 50/50 chance that he's here next season. A $9M cap hit is a good chunk of the offensive salary cap. Hoping Jimmy is back, though.

Lynch... I'm torn, because I don't want to believe that he's done. But he'll be 30, and he isn't aging gracefully. His body is beat up, and we're seeing it in more places than one. He's averaged 3.7 YPC on the season and hasn't quite passed the eye test on him being the player that he has been in the very recent past.

Chancellor, well, I think he's outplayed his current contract, but not this season. Missing camp and six games (including preseason) really hurt him and the defense. If he wants a raise or more guaranteed money, I'm still playing hardball with him. He would have to have an enormous finish to the season and ball out in the playoffs like he has in year's past if I'm even considering looking at his current contract.

I've become less and less impressed with Bennett's play over the past few weeks. He started out hot, but has fizzled out a bit. Our defensive line as a whole has been pretty lackluster this season, with the exception of Avril, and Bennett in spurts. He's still a very disruptive force, but if I'm the Seahawks I am thinking that I can coach up Frank Clark and see what is there with him. That's only if Bennett wants to get real vocal about his deal. He's still a very undisciplined player and a lot of the penalties he commits seem to really put the defense in a tough spot.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens this offseason. There's a lot of tough decisions to be made.