Seahawks dump Papa Johns

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The Seahawks announced today a new exclusive multi-year partnership with Pizza Hut to become the official pizza sponsor of the team.

This marks the first local NFL team partnership for Pizza Hut, which in February became the Official Pizza of the NFL, and includes exclusive marketing rights.

“The Seattle Seahawks have one of the most passionate and supportive fan bases in all of sports, and we are proud to partner with the team to bring our great pizza experiences to the 12s,” said Zipporah Allen, chief marketing officer, Pizza Hut.

“Pizza Hut is an iconic brand with a strong, loyal customer base that puts the fans first in everything they do. We are extremely excited to welcome them to the Seahawks family,” said Chuck Arnold, chief operating officer, Seattle Seahawks.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seattle-s ... artnership

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pizza Hut back in the 80's was awesome and they live on
from that but today it's not much better than PJ's..

Vesuve

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1xpaye8x said:
Pizza Hut back in the 80's was awesome....

I remember the edge of the crust filled with cheese in the early 90s.

I was leaner back then and could eat a whole pizza.

The good ol' days.

Now, no desire for PH nor any pizza.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if they are still around, since it's been 20 years since I have moved from Seattle area. Back in the days it was all about Shakey's or Godfathers...now those were great pizza way back when.

James in PA

Reaction score
Always preferred “The Hut” out of the major pizza chains. Their pan pizza kicks ass. I always found Papa Johns to be rather bland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Pizza Hut is fairly greasy from my experience in Canada so I avoid it. Never had Papa Johns so I can't comment on it but I'll just say I don't go out of my way to eat at any chain restaurant especially pizza.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawknight":24wnvnfk said:
I'm not even sure if they are still around, since it's been 20 years since I have moved from Seattle area. Back in the days it was all about Shakey's or Godfathers...now those were great pizza way back when.

I live right by Shakey's in Fairwood. Good pizza.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1pwafh1q said:
Hawknight":1pwafh1q said:

I live right by Shakey's in Fairwood. Good pizza.
Pretty sure it is the only one left and not nearly as good as it was in the 80s (though I haven't been to a Shakey's since the one in 4 corners closed so that may have changed since then.)

Always went to the one that was on East Hill when I was a kid. Adults sharing a pitcher of beer, kids a pitcher of rootbeer. Queen or something similar playing on the Juke Box and centipede and asteroids in their two machine arcade. Good times.

TreeRon

Reaction score
The best pizza in Washington might be in Clarkston at a place called Fazzari's. I've heard it's closing as none of the kids want to be in the pizza business.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Shakey's is my childhood memory. I didn't even know they still existed.

Regarding pizza in general, I guess it's what you like. I like deep dish with lots of toppings and pizzas that lean that way. Round Table King Arthur's special, mmm. Same goes for Pizza Hut Supreme. Thin crust, not so much. Dominos? Get out of here, the last time I had it was in the 1990s. Vastly inferior regardless of Tom's views that I also find repugnant.

But back to the Papa John's issue, IDK what the actual political issue is and frankly don't really care. Same with Chick-fil-A and In-and-Out. They want to put Bible verses on their wrappers, not especially into that, but their burgers are delicious. With Papa Johns, I never have tried them and it has nothing to do with politics. I simply I don't think it's worth it to have to drive somewhere to retrieve a pizza that I then have to cook. If I wanted to go through all that effort, I would just make a pizza myself.

tl;dr I'm against teams sanctioning partners over pc issues but for them switching to promote better and effortless on my part pizza.

Chapow

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":29tsub7r said:
Shakey's is my childhood memory. I didn't even know they still existed.

Regarding pizza in general, I guess it's what you like. I like deep dish with lots of toppings and pizzas that lean that way. Round Table King Arthur's special, mmm. Same goes for Pizza Hut Supreme. Thin crust, not so much. Dominos? Get out of here, the last time I had it was in the 1990s. Vastly inferior regardless of Tom's views that I also find repugnant.

But back to the Papa John's issue, IDK what the actual political issue is and frankly don't really care. Same with Chick-fil-A and In-and-Out. They want to put Bible verses on their wrappers, not especially into that, but their burgers are delicious. With Papa Johns, I never have tried them and it has nothing to do with politics. I simply I don't think it's worth it to have to drive somewhere to retrieve a pizza that I then have to cook. If I wanted to go through all that effort, I would just make a pizza myself.

tl;dr I'm against teams sanctioning partners over pc issues but for them switching to promote better and effortless on my part pizza.

I think you have Papa John's confused with Papa Murphy's.

Also, picking something up at a store and then having to put it in your oven when you get home is an unacceptable amount of effort? Damn dude. That's an impressive level of lazy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I happen to like Papa John's pizza as well or better than any of the other chain places. Maybe it's the pepperoncini they sneak into their boxes. None of the big chains' pizzas are that great, but hey, when you're hungry... Now, if that lone remaining Shakey's in Fairwood still has the famous Shakey's "Deli" pizza, with everything on it, I'm in for that.

As far as the Seahawks and others dumping Papa John's, on the one hand, it seems like a hip and PC thing to do, but then John Schnatter and his proteges on the PJ executive team seem to have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. Schnatter had the audacity to openly criticize the NFL over their handling of the national anthem kneeling protests; that seems like the real issue to me. Ever since then, it seems there has been a media campaign to smear him. I wonder if it's as much that PJ's isn't as "connected" as the Pizza Hut group, and if the reported "culture" issues at PJ's are truly any different from the Hut and others. I wonder if all the fuss was simply an opportunity and excuse to kick the interloper out of the club.

Latest posts