Scruggs practicing Monday?

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I don't think anyone should be cut for him.. He is not that special to be so excited about.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his press conference that Scruggs will likely practice next week. What that means in terms of bringing him back I have no idea. They may let him practice a few weeks, get a feel for where he is at before deciding to shelf him for the season. It's a nice way to keep some insurance in case we have some injuries, so it doesn't hurt us to extend his possible activation or shelving for as long as possible to keep all our options open

CANHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkx":1w35hzxa said:
I don't think anyone should be cut for him.. He is not that special to be so excited about.

No way man. Scruggs is dope. He's got the potential to be a real terror as a penetrating 3-tech on passing downs. As I recall, he started out as a DE, but piled on a bunch of weight to play on the inside this year. I was looking forward to see what he could do there...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, he's almost a Bennett type, but about 15 lbs heavier.

He's fast enough to play outside, but big enough to play inside. Slightly bigger than Bennett, and slightly slower than Bennett. He definately has value to us.

Question: coming off of PUP like this, doesn't he get 3 weeks of practice and then the team can decide what to do? Also, I thought he could practice but not be on the active roster.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Mayowa might be released to make room for Scruggs. The FO seems really high on Scruggs and Mayowa hasn't seen the field much. In fact, I don't think he's been out there at all outside of some garbage time and he has 1 tackle on the year in 2 games played. I think mayowa showed some potential in preseason, but if Scruggs had been healthy I don't think Mayowa even makes the team to start the year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of the cat to draw a conclusion of him good or bad.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Aros":2na25hth said:
I haven't seen enough of the cat to draw a conclusion of him good or bad.

Same for Mayowa. But for the future we most definitely have a need for both of them!!!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I don't know much (OK, anything, I'll just go ahead and admit) about Scruggs the player, but really enjoyed what I heard from Scruggs the person in that interview.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I have eagerly anticipated Scruggs being a force for us, but, so far, he's been underwhelming when given the chance. Hopefully he can turn a corner, cuz I really like Scruggs the person.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawks46":3qhegg0x said:
Yea, he's almost a Bennett type, but about 15 lbs heavier.

He's fast enough to play outside, but big enough to play inside. Slightly bigger than Bennett, and slightly slower than Bennett. He definately has value to us.

Question: coming off of PUP like this, doesn't he get 3 weeks of practice and then the team can decide what to do? Also, I thought he could practice but not be on the active roster.

I'm going to use this post to discuss a tendency we all have to look at height and weight and draw conclusions. No offense meant to you.

Scruggs ran a ridiculous 4.69 40 at almost 280 pounds. He's faster than Bennett and is one hell of an uncommon athlete with really quick feet. Where Bennett excels is short area explosion. He has a pretty nasty burst off the LOS and that's where he's better, in terms of athletic traits, than Scruggs. Scruggs beats Bennett in just about every other physical category. However, Bennett also plays with some serious violence amplified by that short area explosion(this part is more mental/frame of mind, the violence that is). If Scruggs were to get healthy enough to play he plays along side Bennett on passing downs while rotating in McDonald, IMO. Scruggs is no slouch and we got him for a very good reason. He's one of those special and/or unique athletes that Pete and John talk about. Getting Scruggs on the practice field with Bennett should be very good for him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -3-yd-loss

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0 ... -0-yd-loss

I like the trash talking the SF OL on that second one even though the sack just came from playing contain.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Seafan":1ywynphb said:
Happypuppy":1ywynphb said:
Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?

Williams is on IR. Scruggs will likely be joining him.

Yes you are right. I meant to write Hill. He can't stay healthy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":blq8z2jd said:
Happypuppy":blq8z2jd said:
Maybe IR Williams if he looks good in his rehab stint?

Williams is on IR. Scruggs will likely be joining him.

Hmmm... would a forum handle of 'Schleprock' be more suitable?

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
We have three weeks to activate him to the roster otherwise we IR him. At this stage I think we're just holding onto him to see if anyone drops injured in the next couple of weeks, no rush to activate him. As for who he would replace? Likely Mayowa or Schofield as they've both dropped into the gameday inactives with the healthy Avril and Clemons in action (and Irvin able to move into the DE spot if needed) hence why we've not seen much of them at all. We could also IR Hill just to save cutting anyone as was mentioned above