OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3vc1o29t said:
HawkWow":3vc1o29t said:
dbmack":3vc1o29t said:
Kam was one of several players who didn't sign the pre contract.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/Feb ... olm-smith/

Thanks for the education, bro. Sobering stuff and despite Champ Bailey's cry for Smith, Kam not getting the award makes a bit more sense (to me) after reading your attachment. Kinda' BS, innit?

Kam not signing the deal with Disney has nothing to do with him not getting the MVP. Recent players/coaches to do the Disney thing that didn't win MVP: Trent Dilfer, Jon Gruden, Brad Johnson, Jerome Bettis, Tony Dungy, and Dominic Rhodes.

This I did not know. Thanks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":18iw7bsm said:
Anthony!":18iw7bsm said:
I would have given it to Rw, he set records in the SB.

Did he? Not saying that he didn't, just that I don't recall anything specific.

Shortest QB to win a Super Bowl.
First Seahawk QB to win it, too.
Records can be dumb sometimes.

:th2thumbs:

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IIRC, the announcers mentioned that Super Bowl MVP had been given to an entire defensive unit in the past. I think if the entire defense had been awarded the MVP there wouldn't be any doubt as to that result being true and fair. I've also noted when I have watched the game several times now that RW sure completed A LOT of 3-rd downs that kept the offense on the field and allowed the defense to rest and stay fresh. I wouldn't have had a problem with RW getting MVP, or any of the others mentioned herein, but IMO it should have been given to the entire defensive unit.
:49ersmall:

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Another thing to consider, in regards to RW, while it seems rather insignificant now and certainly in the bigger picture, he was robbed of that huge, scrambling 1st down early in the game. We settled for the FG but (IMO) our boy absolutely extended the drive which quite possibly would have resulted in 7, instead of the 3.

Again, not a big deal today, but if he is given the correct spot, his effort could have ultimately been the difference in the game. Yes, I'm nit-picking...but it is a game of inches...even though we won by a mile.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Wilson picked up clutch first down after clutch first down. The momentum quickly built up in our favor and the defense looked dominant... but if our offense hadn't kept moving the ball (no punts until the third quarter following a holding penalty) Denver very well could have gotten the ball rolling.

Pretty much any other quarterback who turned in that sort of performance, 8th highest passer rating and 43 points despite very little rushing production, would have won the MVP EASILY. Again, as crazy as it sounds, Russell Wilson's height affected the perception of him in that game. OF COURSE the defense carried him, he is only 5'10'' and 5'10'' quarterbacks can't win the superbowl!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Watched it again last week. Kam was amazing in that game! And he got dinged up early on a kickoff. I'm fine with Smith getting MVP, but Kam was nails for the Hawks in that game.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
On the offense, Wilson was really damned clutch, and Harvin had some really jaw-dropping big plays. Both should have been in strong contention for the MVP.

But the defense was just so much better that day. In spite of how well the offense performed, the defense was that much better. Avril didn't have the stats, but he had the key plays that caused big disruptions and turnovers. Chancellor was a force all over the field, and clearly affected the game in a big way. Smith had several great plays, in addition to the fumble recovery and interception for the touchdown. Any one of those players would have been very, very deserving.

Overall though, I'm happy enough Smith won it. He took full advantage of the plays that happened around him and made the plays himself to turn them into devastating, game-changing plays.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkWow":ns6tyi2s said:
Another thing to consider, in regards to RW, while it seems rather insignificant now and certainly in the bigger picture, he was robbed of that huge, scrambling 1st down early in the game. We settled for the FG but (IMO) our boy absolutely extended the drive which quite possibly would have resulted in 7, instead of the 3.

Again, not a big deal today, but if he is given the correct spot, his effort could have ultimately been the difference in the game. Yes, I'm nit-picking...but it is a game of inches...even though we won by a mile.

that still bugs me. Refs on the field talking to Fox thought it was a first, everyone thought it was a first, but the one guy who made the call. That was early in the game and really could've put Wilson's stamp on the game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smith sort of reminds me of 'Big Play Babs' with the way he's always coming up with the ball and with game-changing plays in the darndest of situations. He's just does it with more consistency and is a better player overall.

sc85sis

Reaction score
People say Malcolm was in the right place at the right time. Yes, he was--because he was playing exactly as he should have been. He was all over the field, made a ton of tackles, was the sole guy covering the receiver on his pick six (and had to jump in front of the WR to make the play) and was in position to pick up the fumble. None of that is luck. He played a heck of a game.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity".

I'm watching Smith victimize the Rams right now (wk 16). The kid just has a nose for the ball (and endzone).