Saints injuries

seabowl

Reaction score
I saw that Parys Haralson was injured last night for the Saints. Any other injuries to speak of going into next weeks game?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
CB Keenan Lewis suffered a head injury and was evaluated for a concussion, though he spent most of the fourth quarter arguing to come back in the game, so my guess is he will play next week.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Parys Haralson, torn pectoral. Status not released, but I would be stunned if he played.

Pierre Thomas missed the PHI game, I don't know his status.

Since we played them they also lost Kenny Vaccarro. I thought he was a bright spot for them in our game.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":38oh1351 said:
CB Keenan Lewis suffered a head injury and was evaluated for a concussion, though he spent most of the fourth quarter arguing to come back in the game, so my guess is he will play next week.

NFL concussion rules have changed quite a bit in the last couple of years. The player has no say on when he comes back to play. The player must be cleared by a team physician and an independent physician before being allowed to return after a concussion.

Once a team doctor signs off on a player's return, the player is evaluated in person by an unaffiliated concussion expert physician approved by both the NFL and NFL Players Association. This unaffiliated expert also must sign off on the player's health before he is allowed to return to play.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... oncussions

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
And Pierre Thomas missed the Eagles game. I have no clue if he can play next Saturday.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I expect Lewis to play. I understand he has to pass concussion tests, but he just got rattled and looked fine after taking a few minutes to gather himself.

willyum

Reaction score
I hope K.J. will be ready to go. His performance against New Orleans in the regular season was one of the best performances ive seen from a linebacker ever. Especially when you consider who he was keyed up on for most of the game.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think Pete Carroll already said a couple days ago that KJ won't make it back for this game. Then he said something like if we're fortunate enough to advance he might be available for the next playoff game.

willyum

Reaction score
James in PA":g3n0s3ma said:
I think Pete Carroll already said a couple days ago that KJ won't make it back for this game. Then he said something like if we're fortunate enough to advance he might be available for the next playoff game.

Damn. Thank goodness Malcolm Smith is also very good in coverage. Against the Saints stopping those checkdown passes to Sproles/Thomas (if he plays) with our linebackers will be very important. I highly doubt they'll be able to run as well as they did yesterday especially since Mebane and McDaniel have been playing really well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
For the guys who study the game tape more than I do....Is Smith comparable to Wright in coverage? Graham just doesnt look the same to me as of late either. Is he still battling injuries?

Saints33

Reaction score
More than likely K. Lewis and P. Thomas will play against ya'll. P Harylson I believe is out for the year now. We are incredibly thin at CB and fortunately didn't leave time on the clock for the Eagles last night since our 1-3 CBs were out of the game. Word is Lewis will be back and looked ok today, I would imagine by Wed or Thur he will check out fine. There was talk that coach almost played Pierre Thomas yesterday but decided not to so I imagine he will be back. As someone was talking earlier in this thread about Vacarro, yes, that is a huge loss, Harylson is a pretty big loss also as he had been solid against the run.

stack600

Reaction score
I also noticed that Jimmy Graham did not look like he was 100% last night, guys kept knocking him to the ground with a shove. Is he injured, I seem to remember Al Michaels talking about about something but I didn't catch what it was ?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Graham has a foot injury, painful, but not something that will cost him games.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3jh9ndni said:
Graham has a foot injury, painful, but not something that will cost him games.

Costing him a "step" in routes is just as deadly with our defense. If he has lost a step then I like Smith's chances of covering him a lot better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Malcolm Smith on Jimmy Graham is a terrible matchup. Graham will have a field day against Smith. Smith may be fast enough to hang with Jimmy but he's not physical or big enough. I'd rather they put Kam Chancellor or Bruce Irvin on Graham. Graham need to be hit at LOS that is what the Eagles did with two guys yesterday. They held Graham pretty well. Plus they didn't have Darren Sproles last time they played the Seahawks. It's going to be a closer game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My bad then..if Sproles played. I couldn't remember if he did. One of my good friends is a Saints fan and they swore he didn't play so I went with that. Either way, he had very little impact on the game.

keith da hawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2a6crufa said:
I expect Lewis to play. I understand he has to pass concussion tests, but he just got rattled and looked fine after taking a few minutes to gather himself.

I don't know dude, have you ever had a concussion? I can tell you from experience they have a nasty way of acting up at any random time. Sometimes it's the moment your head is hit, other times it can be 24-72 hours later. Those things are tricky and that's why you need to be so careful. Wouldn't surprise me either way if he plays or not.

davidonmi

Reaction score
willyum":2c4pw2jr said:
I hope K.J. will be ready to go. His performance against New Orleans in the regular season was one of the best performances ive seen from a linebacker ever. Especially when you consider who he was keyed up on for most of the game.
100% true but correct me if I'm wrong didn't Carroll rule him out already?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
willyum":3oulvb6h said:
Damn. Thank goodness Malcolm Smith is also very good in coverage.

Not sure what Smith you have been watching. Smith is terrible in coverage. He's given up some big pass plays when he's been in there this year.

Last week's INT was the result of a terrible throw, not good coverage.