Saints Fan Here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoDat

Reaction score
This might be a trap game for Seattle.

The saints have nothing to lose in the Monday night game. The Seahawks have home field advantage to loose.

I hope the Seahawsk are as overconfident as their fans are on this board. By reading the comments on this board, the NFL should just cancel the game and give the Seahawks the win so we can focus on Carolina.

First I am a die hard Saints fan. I have been to every home game in the last 5 years, but I am a realist NFL fan also. I think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL. I think the Seahawks will defeat the saints on Monday night. You would be hard pressed to find a talking head on T.V who thinks the Saint are going to win. You would be hard pressed to find anyone on the planet, other than saint fans who thinks the Saints will win. This reminds me of 2011 when we were 11-4 and the Seahawks were 7-8. The saints were 11 points favorites. but we all know how that turned out.

I think the saints focus are on the Panthers. We must win the division. In 2011 we won all those games then lost in the first round of the playoffs because we had to travel to loud , Hostile, Seattle, all because we didn't win the division. I would go as far as to sit Sproles, and Graham to make sure they are ready and healthy for our 3 week NFC south run.

My saints might loose Monday night but they might get another chance to play Seattle in Seattle in the NFC Championship. It very hard to beat a good team twice in one year.

Good luck! Great city! and lets enjoy the game.....

tacomahawk

Reaction score
First of all, welcome. Secondly, trap........please. No one on our team, or the fans are looking ahead to anything, except what is still 9 days away. This game means as much to us as it does to you. Both teams should be congratulated for their records thus far, and are both the best in the NFC. One team will win, and then be in the drivers seat for the #1 seed. If you know anything about our team, they try to go 1-0 every game, to produce a championship season. We are ready, hope your boys are as well.

OP
OP
W

whoDat

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":lwmp5ha9 said:
Despite your passive aggressive post, I think you are undervaluing how important HFA is for the Saints.

Don't kid yourself, this game is huge.

LOL I must admit I was being a little passive aggressive,

HFA is very important to us, but if the season ended today the Seahawks would have it. Seattle wants to keep it, the pressure is on Seattle. The Saints don't have home field advantage to lose. They can only gain it.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Lol how is this a trap game for Seattle? Whoever wins the game is in the drivers seat for HFA.

And the Saints have nothing to lose? Well HFA is just as big for Seattle as it is for New Orleans.

Steve2222

Reaction score
whoDat":1xknwwsl said:
FlyingGreg":1xknwwsl said:
Despite your passive aggressive post, I think you are undervaluing how important HFA is for the Saints.

LOL I must admit I was being a little passive aggressive,

HFA is very important to us, but if the season ended today the Seahawks would have it. Seattle wants to keep it, the pressure is on Seattle. The Saints don't have home field advantage to loose. They can only gain it.

No virtually both teams have HFA right now. The winner on Monday Night will be the #1 seed after the game.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
This is the opposite of a trap game for the actual team playing. Our fans here, I think are a little puffy chested these days but this is the best team we've ever had and they're pretty damn good. Seattle is an immensely difficult place to play so I'd say the confidence is warranted. I'm pretty worried about starting slow again and not being able to play catch-up with these guys, but if our D does what it is capable of in Seattle then we should be able to control the game.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I have a hard time taking any poster seriously when they confuse loose with lose...Just sayin...... :stirthepot:

drdiags

Reaction score
When aren't fans overconfident about their team? I am sure if you go to a Saints board the homers there are just as dismissive as you find folks are here. A team coming off a loss is when the top-of-the-world feeling is not as prevalent. As a Saints fan you should know this from run-ins with folks during your Superbowl run. A month from now all this could be a totally different landscape. Who knows?

Next MNF's game is huge for both teams. People are excited and feeling positive about their team. They strongly believe they can make a difference since they finally have a team that can match their energy. Does that mean they are invincible? Depends on who you are talking to.

If the Seahawks fans are wrong, it will just make the victory that much sweeter for you. If they are right, you can just file it away for next time. Welcome and hopefully your visit is worth your efforts but at least you can come back after the game to ask for folks to eat crow should your team prevail.

Anguish

Reaction score
Aros":16sj7lkn said:
Weak. Sauce. Yawn.
No shit...

Reason #1087 why you Seahawks fans should show more respectz to my Saints. The orbit of Saturn around Uranus points to the FACT that you will lOOse!!

sutz

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":7ogejikh said:
I have a hard time taking any poster seriously when they confuse loose with lose...Just sayin...... :stirthepot:
Several times in more than one post.

:34853_doh:

:twisted:

Mojambo

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is Mr. "1-0 every week." He doesn't do trap games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Huh? Trap games generally happen against lesser-regarded opponents, not your primary competition for HFA. This is probably the least likely candidate for trap game all year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1lx2893z said:
Huh? Trap games generally happen against lesser-regarded opponents, not your primary competition for HFA. This is probably the least likely candidate for trap game all year.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Playing the Bucs was a potential trap game. The Saints are 9-2; the Hawks will not overlook them.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28lofffr said:

:13:

OrFan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":25qp4uqv said:

Not only that, but apparently both of our teams went into the playoffs after having played 15 games according to the op. He said the Saints were 11-4 and the Seahawks were 7-8. Maybe both English and math were problems for him. I'm pretty sure that he will get better at them now that he is in 7th grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.