RW's hands are the size of a 6'7 dudes hands

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Cartire":drxfhr13 said:
You know what they say about the size of a mans hands...
what if the right hand is 2 inches shorter than the left? And would what you are referring to be dog-legged left or right?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
warden":3drejdcl said:
I read a theory that one of the biggest reasons taller QBs succeed more often is their hands are larger then shorter QBS especially when they are young. When they are young they are the only kids with hands big enough to grip the ball so they gain that much valuable experience in their younger years. It is not surprising that Wilson has extraordinarily big hands.

One other thing that's not even being mentioned, and/or overlooked here, is that RW's Father routinely shagging him out of bed when he was a youngster, to throw balls for him to catch.
Wilsons Dad probably had no idea at that time, that he was setting the stage, and building inspiration for his Son, to becoming an outstanding Franchise Quarterback in the NFL.
The bigger than normal size hands probably sealed his future, and having an athletic Father, just fanned the flames.
And yet another gigantic piece to the puzzle?, intelligence, and the hunger for more and better ways to putting the physical and mental aspects of the game together.
Sometimes these things just seem to happen by opportunity accident, and sometimes they happen because the drive inside just keeps pushing to get better.
I'm convinced that the Seahawks are destined for greatness, and I believe that Russell Wilson is going to be instrumental in making it happen.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Anyone agree hand-size is being overblown. What surprizes me is that his quick-release or compact throwing motion isnt analyzed more. The guy holds the ball long but gets it out in a hurry. Someone made a reference to Steve Nash when describing how RW plays (anticipation and dishing the ball on time). That seemed more relevant to his skillset than handsize. Nash has little hands but great vision.

fsmassey

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3und5svj said:
Anyone agree hand-size is being overblown. What surprizes me is that his quick-release or compact throwing motion isnt analyzed more. The guy holds the ball long but gets it out in a hurry. Someone made a reference to Steve Nash when describing how RW plays (anticipation and dishing the ball on time). That seemed more relevant to his skillset than handsize. Nash has little hands but great vision.

Overblown, yes, but still completely relevant. I think the best way to imagine it ourselves, is to imagine what its like throwing an NFL size football, then throwing a high school football. In the end, it comes down to how well you can get used to throwing whatever it is you're throwing. But having the natural hand size to more easily fit what you're throwing can only help.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1zk0rvoe said:

Russ, I take it you were not around for the Dave Kreig years or else you would know that hand size is NOT overblown. Our arguably greatest QB ever had small hands and a serious fumbling problem.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Great hands. Here are some more fantastic hands!

[youtube]Ov_iJQGq6DI[/youtube]

Wilson's hands make it so much easier for him to control the ball in any weather the PNW throws at him. HANDS. He would have a much more difficult time managing these issues if his hands were not as large. But they are hands, so good for hand. WONDERFUL HANDS. Gotta get me some hands, who doesn't wanna hop on the handwagon? I know that with hands, and hands, the hands, are some really nice hands, love em hands. HAND! HANDS!

GO HANDS!

Latest posts