RW Post-Game

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I thought he did a good political answer of the whole "not black enough thing" with "I don't even know what that means".

But anyone else notice throughout his 20 minute press conference he made a lot of mentions of things he could have done better, perhaps he threw the ball a little to high to Marshawn, he even said possibly the fumbled snap was his fault without looking at the tape. Perhaps there was some legitimacy to the claim that some source said they were upset RW wasn't taking his fair share of fault/blame? and he is responding to it?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I've always herd him say those type of things in pressers. I would think if there were a problem it would be behind close doors because I don't see it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":56x5e1rs said:
. Perhaps there was some legitimacy to the claim that some source said they were upset RW wasn't taking his fair share of fault/blame? and he is responding to it?

I don't think this is it, Russell's always been his harshest critic and honest when he doesn't play well.

Anyone who's played organized sports has had teammates that are constantly being negative or criticizing their fellow teammates and coaches.

IMO this is what's going on with Russell, some guys like Harvin and maybe Lynch are tired of Russell's rah rah Why Not Us, Separations in the Preparation 100% positive all the time buddy buddy with the coaches and media.

mikeak

Reaction score
The throw to Lynch was bad so glad he acknowledges it

Maybe acceptable (but not good) to a WR but jam it in there like that away and high from a RB - not good

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1kyscrhh said:

Maybe acceptable (but not good) to a WR but jam it in there like that away and high from a RB - not good

Well I've heard Lynch and Sherm joking that Lynch likes to call himself a WR, so there is that ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":eh0r3z27 said:

I wasn't a perfect throw by any means, but it wasn't much worse than the pass Lynch snatched out of the air against Denver and scored.

If we're criticizing Russell, his horribly under thrown ball to a wide open Helfet for a TD was by far his worse throw.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
RW's presser was nothing out of the ordinary. He says those things all the time. All we are seeing is the media pile-on practice. Notice we get one blog making an incendiary claim, then one by one various sports writers echo that claim (with no more effort than it takes to rephrase the original claim, then tweet it) until finally it's on Sports Center, where it can pad the 24-hour sports news cycle and provide jobs to needy, lazy, sports enthusiasts who like to be on TV and have a grown-up title like "journalist."

In all this noise and bluster, is there a single source on record? Any credibility at all? Oh, there are "established" and "trusted" journos RT'ing a blogger? How exactly does one become trusted when one has zero accountability to prove their claims? Besides, none of them saying anything we all didn't know before this season started. We have had numerous threads on Marshawn's quirky/loner/grumpy personality, as well as speculation on his tenure as a Seahawk. During Lynch's mini holdout it was commonly accepted by almost everyone here that he probably would not play for the Hawks in 2015. NOT NEW NEWS.

Remember exactly one year ago when nearly every media outlet had a version of "The Seahawks Do Things Differently" and how our organization, facility, and locker room were breaking new holistic ground for the future of the NFL? We were the kinder, gentler, unified team that turned into a monster on the field. Those reports came from writers who showed up and checked things out. They talked to the people here, from the HC to the food service people. Just a short 12 months ago, talking heads and big-name writers were just coming around from their "Pete Carroll won't work in the NFL" to "These Seahawks have something special going on."

Now they want us to believe that subtracting 3 veteran leaders, adding-then-removing Percy Harvin, and losing a few games has destroyed all that meditation and sunshine? While sitting pretty in Connecticut, preparing their 27th redundant report in the past hour by scrolling through Twitter? By not quoting a source or offering any credibility to the story? Nice try.

It's not a conspiracy. It might have a tinge of East Coast Bias. But mostly, they're just lazily pandering to Seahawks haters. We know better. Don't let their stick-poking approach fool you into looking for clues that aren't there.

lobohawk

Reaction score
The pass to Lynch was well within the catchable range. Complaining about it is nitpicking.

mikeak

Reaction score
lobohawk":2wrgiu5s said:
The pass to Lynch was well within the catchable range. Complaining about it is nitpicking.

Catchable range for a RB as hard as it was thrown?

I completely disagree especially when considering it was in the redzone.

You have to consider who it was thrown to - bad luck it was an int but doesn't change the fact that you simply don't expect your RBs to catch balls like that on a regular basis

formido

Reaction score
mikeak":1xxicxch said:
lobohawk":1xxicxch said:

Catchable range for a RB as hard as it was thrown?

I completely disagree especially when considering it was in the redzone.

You have to consider who it was thrown to - bad luck it was an int but doesn't change the fact that you simply don't expect your RBs to catch balls like that on a regular basis

Then Lynch shouldn't be in there. That's how fast you throw that route from that area of the field. Lynch has caught them plenty before.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x4cjg9sz said:
mikeak":x4cjg9sz said:

I wasn't a perfect throw by any means, but it wasn't much worse than the pass Lynch snatched out of the air against Denver and scored.

If we're criticizing Russell, his horribly under thrown ball to a wide open Helfet for a TD was by far his worse throw.

The pass to Lynch in the Bronco game for the TD was right on the mark, right in his body.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2huon9v0 said:
Sgt. Largent":2huon9v0 said:
mikeak":2huon9v0 said:

The pass to Lynch in the Bronco game for the TD was right on the mark, right in his body.

I said it wasn't MUCH worse. My guess is if Lynch actually spoke to the media he'd say he should have caught that pass. Not a perfect pass by any stretch, but it was catchable.

mikeak

Reaction score
Not much worse. How do you compare a ball straight into one guy's body to one that is high, away and pummeled in there. Yeah I get the speed is common on those shorter ones

I give RW more of a pass on the miss to Helfet just because as the announcers pointed out he switched it from running hand to passing hand and threw the pass all in one motion. Take longer and he probably goes across the line of scrimmage. It was the right throw and normally thanks to his baseball skills he makes that play

-The Glove-

Reaction score
We really bitching about a pass into the mitts of the intended receiver?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":11k54wlq said:
Not much worse. How do you compare a ball straight into one guy's body to one that is high, away and pummeled in there. Yeah I get the speed is common on those shorter ones

I didn't compare, someone else did.

Ask any receiver, if the ball hits your hands, you should catch it.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
mikeak":3jlpelnl said:

I give RW more of a pass on the miss to Helfet just because as the announcers pointed out he switched it from running hand to passing hand and threw the pass all in one motion. Take longer and he probably goes across the line of scrimmage. It was the right throw and normally thanks to his baseball skills he makes that play
If it'd been baseball, it'd been ruled an error.

As to the throw that went through Lynch's hands, that's all on Lynch. Wilson got it to where he had to get it to. You gotta make that catch.

kearly

Reaction score
Given the context of the play, I thought the placement to Lynch was perfect. It was a bit of a hot throw, but again, the situation kind of dictated that. I put that drop on Lynch, and maybe a tiny bit on Bevell. You can't expect a RB to make that catch every time, and sometimes it will burn you.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26tbmwlg said:
mikeak":26tbmwlg said:

I didn't compare, someone else did.

Ask any receiver, if the ball hits your hands, you should catch it.

That throw to Lynch was just a flat out bad call. Way too cute. It was different than the one vs Denver, the spacing and other WR's actions left Lynch the least qualified option. If you notice Richardson is doing a rub simultaneously above Lynch on that play. So, unlike the Denver play Lynch had to contend with traffic and congestion, which meant the ball had to be thrown, hard.

It was just a bad idea to send Lynch on that type of route, in that circumstance. A little too "cute" and "cool" for the room play we see occasionally. Throw that to Coop, Willson, an actual WR and we got a TD there, IMO. It was a very tough spot and play for a RB.

In general, Wilson was pretty off. A little jittery and poor footwork. An off day.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":wn6h8ezz said:
Given the context of the play, I thought the placement to Lynch was perfect. It was a bit of a hot throw, but again, the situation kind of dictated that. I put that drop on Lynch, and maybe a tiny bit on Bevell. You can't expect a RB to make that catch every time, and sometimes it will burn you.

Great minds.

Cheers.