Russell Wilson vs. Falcons Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan

RylandTheHawk

Reaction score
New Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan is known for putting together deceptive schemes that trick even the smartest quarterbacks in the League. With Mike Nolan, what you see on tape does not usually match up with what you see on the field, and finding patterns in a Nolan defense is futile. Atlanta’s defensive has a “bend-but-don’t-break” philosophy. They only allowed 299 points this year, which is 5th best in the League with a 18.7 average. They give up a ton of yards on both passing and rushing, but they become tough in the Red Zone. Thomas DeCoud and William Moore are top safeties in this League, and the Falcon’s added Asante Samuel this year as a cornerback with valuable playoff experience.

Do you guys think Russell Wilson will struggle reading the Falcon defense?

Link:Can The Seahawks Beat the Falcons?

hawker84

Reaction score
do we really have to hear something like this before every game.. no offense OP , but it's the same crap every game.. RW is a rookie and our coach will throw a few wrinkles in there to confuse him.... he doesn't get confused easily, he doesn't get rattled... the reason he doesn't is because he prepares well, they may throw a couple things at him , but chances are he's studied enough on their D other teams to be well prepared for "Wrinkles" he'll be fine, only thing RW needs is time to go through his reads... this game will come down to the O and D lines, and covering those recievers.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Russell already made it through Rex Ryan's scheme, which seems to be the toughest for rookies IMO.

Nonetheless this scheme did (at first) confuse Peyton Manning, so it might get Russell Wilson. It will certainly be one of the 1st excuses if Wilson does bad.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Nolan usually schemes to stop the pass as evidenced by the Falcons giving up the least amount of passing TDs
in the league. This game comes down to turnovers in my opinion. And both teams are tied for 4th place with 31 a piece. It's going to be a good game regardless. On paper advantages/disadvantages can be pointed out, but the game is played between the hashes.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The nice thing about Russ is that if he is confused, he doesn't make bad decisions that cost us possessions. I think he scrambles half the time because he isn't sure where the ball should go, so this won't be anything new. He is still learning to play in this league but has a GREAT characteristic of being very careful with the ball. He can get out of trouble a lot of the time which really helps ease the growing pains.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FOGHORN":9m4xa5sj said:
Nolan usually schemes to stop the pass as evidenced by the Falcons giving up the least amount of passing TDs
in the league. This game comes down to turnovers in my opinion. And both teams are tied for 4th place with 31 a piece. It's going to be a good game regardless. On paper advantages/disadvantages can be pointed out, but the game is played between the hashes.

You're a Falcons fan, I'm assuming so welcome.

As for the game is played between the hashes - yes. But we're on a message board with nothing to do, so get used to a lot of minutiae.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1nfztqn1 said:
FOGHORN":1nfztqn1 said:

You're a Falcons fan, I'm assuming so welcome.

As for the game is played between the hashes - yes. But we're on a message board with nothing to do, so get used to a lot of minutiae.

I rather relish it. And thank you for the welcome. Been a good board so far and some warm welcomes. Good to see a board that is civil and a bit different from others.

Of course every board has their fair share of delusional homers, eternal optimist, realist, and worry warts. I have stated before that if the Falcons lose I will be rooting for the Seahawks, because I loathe the 9ers and Packers.

mikeak

Reaction score
After RW and Lynch picks up 3 first straight down on the first down Atlanta will adjust and start blitzing more. At this point Rice and McCoy will have 4 straight catches and the Seahawks will be up 7-0

Latest posts