Russell Wilson looks shot. David carr syndrome.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3a32c3ue said:
RW looks really good when the running game is going and he can react off of that. No running game and it all falls apart. I have no idea why our running game is bad. But it leaves us in a big hole to start the season.
I know why our running game is bad, we’re not running the ball period!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1ys0fe1v said:
He looks finished even look shook in his PC .
That was one of the first times I really felt like Russ was expressing genuine emotion. He looked somber, and he sounded shaken up or perhaps mad at himself.

ducks41468

Reaction score
My guess is he'll probably go the Andrew Luck route and take some time off this year with a mysterious injury to clear his head, then turn into the QB we all expected him to be once he goes to another team. Imagine working for a company with a terrible culture that keeps posting steadily declining margins every year while watching every competent coworker leave. Yeah, you'd feel a bit depressed.

stack55

Reaction score
I don’t think it is Russell even though he hasn’t looked sharp.
This coaching staff has drafted all wrong Imo. They drafted
Wide receivers and running backs when they should of drafted
Offensive line. Why draft Rb’s and Wr’s if there’s no protection and no holes.

Ozzy

Reaction score
NINEster":2g8g0pyx said:
Halea41":2g8g0pyx said:
It’s simple - he was never that good to begin with. He’s as average as average can be. Wilson is what kaepernick could’ve been if kap never lost his running back, his defense and his coaches. They’re both system guys, not elite QBs.

Most accurate description of Russell Wilson I've ever seen.

Thank You. :irishdrinkers:

This cant be serious....is it?

He's average while being the second highest rated passer ever? Or leading the league in TD's? Or his elite TD/INT ratio? Or playing at an mvp level with a historically bad line, running game and unimaginative coaching staff with an outdated system in place? Ninestar you're trolling and obviously jealous because of the QB situation for your team which looks like its going to continue with someone who is truly overrated....Jimmy G.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
NINEster":2n9lgybq said:
Halea41":2n9lgybq said:
SantaClaraHawk":2n9lgybq said:
bmorepunk":2n9lgybq said:
Use of "David Carr" syndrome makes no sense. David Carr was never good.
b

More like Kaepernick syndrome. Kaep started declining. Everyone insisted it was the OL, the coaches, FO, whatever. Kaep tried to react by holding the ball, throwing inaccurately or running with no options with declining success. The more pressure (on the field, FO, fans) the more this would happen, which would make things suck more and create more pressure. Kaep couldn't think his way out of that box, and frankly I don't see Russ doing that at this point.

The difference is kap’s team was dismantled in his third full year, and they put he weight of a 32nd ranked defense, a clueless coach, and a depleted receiving core on the shoulders of a third-year QB still learning the game. Russell Wilson is already in his 7th full year. He’s not young anymore and he’s had a very good working environment for much of his maturation stage, unlike kap. But he’s still looks like a rookie sometimes. This is who he is. He’ll never be elite. He never was. It feels like people just blew him up coz he was likeable and a great league ambassador.

More truth dropping.

Kap was overcoached too soon.

Wilson was allowed to be Wilson for a damn long time........don't think we've ever seen him not be himself. If anything, we've only seen the zone read go away, mostly because of Lynch's departure. Outside of that, Wilson plays the game much the same as he always has, just more efficiently.

Meanwhile, 2014, Harbaugh was intent on changing Kap into something he wasn't (yet, if ever).

Shanahan from the jump tailor made the Redskins offense so RG3 could be functional, let alone be dangerous. If the Niners had a real OC like Shanahan or Kubiak in, Kap would have lasted a lot longer in this league and 50% of America wouldn't loathe him.

To me, they're all the same QB.......Wilson, Kap, Cam, Dak, RG3, etc. All have their unique strengths and weaknesses, but all by and large a product of the team they are on, system, coaching, etc.

"Snap" This is right on point except for RG3 doesn't belong in the conversation. When the QB is coached up look at what they can do I watched Kap make an incredible throw on us when I thought he couldn't throw to his left. I see wilson not making the reads he needs to make at the LOS seen open receivers on the opposite side but he won't take his eyes off his primary.

JustinCredible

Reaction score
aawolf":1qj6h2i6 said:
I'm just here to point out that Russell Wilson has the second highest quarterback rating ALL-TIME behind Aaron Rogers. Tom Brady is third.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

Yeah, he sucks, right?

Thankfully somebody gets it.

Some fans are completely delusional and I can't help but wonder if there is some other motive. Comparing him to Kaep? Yeah....I can't think of ANY comparison other than one.

Russell Wilson put the Seahawks on the map. The fact that he can't be appreciated after having the greatest first 5 years of any QB in NFL history while bringing the franchise its only Super Bowl......is beyond idiotic.

He had a bad game. It happens to Brady and Rodgers too. Their fans aren't dumb enough to want them traded afterwards. I truly do not get it. What does Russ need to do? 2nd highest QB rating ever. Highest QB rating for first 5 years in NFL History. Super Bowl champion. Elite leader. High character and professional.

If that isn't enough to prove his worth, than please just trade him because he will never live up to whatever it is you expect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the really sad and pathetic part is that as soon as he threw that pick 6, the Wilson bashers were happy. Nice existence when you're more happy about pumping your chest out than you are pissed they lost.

JustinCredible

Reaction score
NINEster":1yobp81w said:
Halea41":1yobp81w said:
SantaClaraHawk":1yobp81w said:
bmorepunk":1yobp81w said:
Use of "David Carr" syndrome makes no sense. David Carr was never good.
b

More like Kaepernick syndrome. Kaep started declining. Everyone insisted it was the OL, the coaches, FO, whatever. Kaep tried to react by holding the ball, throwing inaccurately or running with no options with declining success. The more pressure (on the field, FO, fans) the more this would happen, which would make things suck more and create more pressure. Kaep couldn't think his way out of that box, and frankly I don't see Russ doing that at this point.

The difference is kap’s team was dismantled in his third full year, and they put he weight of a 32nd ranked defense, a clueless coach, and a depleted receiving core on the shoulders of a third-year QB still learning the game. Russell Wilson is already in his 7th full year. He’s not young anymore and he’s had a very good working environment for much of his maturation stage, unlike kap. But he’s still looks like a rookie sometimes. This is who he is. He’ll never be elite. He never was. It feels like people just blew him up coz he was likeable and a great league ambassador.

More truth dropping.

Kap was overcoached too soon.

Wilson was allowed to be Wilson for a damn long time........don't think we've ever seen him not be himself. If anything, we've only seen the zone read go away, mostly because of Lynch's departure. Outside of that, Wilson plays the game much the same as he always has, just more efficiently.

Meanwhile, 2014, Harbaugh was intent on changing Kap into something he wasn't (yet, if ever).

Shanahan from the jump tailor made the Redskins offense so RG3 could be functional, let alone be dangerous. If the Niners had a real OC like Shanahan or Kubiak in, Kap would have lasted a lot longer in this league and 50% of America wouldn't loathe him.

To me, they're all the same QB.......Wilson, Kap, Cam, Dak, RG3, etc. All have their unique strengths and weaknesses, but all by and large a product of the team they are on, system, coaching, etc.

This is the most racist take I've ever seen. All black QBs are the same? What a joke.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Many of today's QBs have great ALL-TIME #s because the game has been changed to make it that much easier for QBs.

To compare Wilson to Young or Montana is laughable even when the #s do not match up.

That said, Wilson under a good offensive minded coach (like Payton) is probably a totally different bird.

We know what Wilson + Pete looks like. We now know what Wilson looks like without the great defense bailing him out for half the game. So we have 2 possibilities:

#1 Wilson really is tremendously flawed, cannot be fixed and Pete is orienting his system to try to offset that.

#2 Wilson can be much better but Pete's system is holding him back tremendously.

If #1 is true there is no future. There is nothing we can do to fix that and Pete cannot rebuild the team in time for it to matter.

If #2 is true then getting a different coach in place might lead to materially different results. But we are stuck with Pete for at least a season more so all we can do is wait.

Either way, Wilson has never had a competent OC. And when he had a competent line we went to a SB (admittedly with a great RB opening a lot of plays for him).

Pete should really have been fired for picking Shoddy in the first place. That should have been the sign we were screwed. So I don't know if you can measure Wilson at all with the current OC because the current OC is a failure and a retread. You don't get success by relying on failures.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gtpfyz0 said:
Many of today's QBs have great ALL-TIME #s because the game has been changed to make it that much easier for QBs.

To compare Wilson to Young or Montana is laughable even when the #s do not match up.

That said, Wilson under a good offensive minded coach (like Payton) is probably a totally different bird.

We know what Wilson + Pete looks like. We now know what Wilson looks like without the great defense bailing him out for half the game. So we have 2 possibilities:

#1 Wilson really is tremendously flawed, cannot be fixed and Pete is orienting his system to try to offset that.

#2 Wilson can be much better but Pete's system is holding him back tremendously.

If #1 is true there is no future. There is nothing we can do to fix that and Pete cannot rebuild the team in time for it to matter.

If #2 is true then getting a different coach in place might lead to materially different results. But we are stuck with Pete for at least a season more so all we can do is wait.

Either way, Wilson has never had a competent OC. And when he had a competent line we went to a SB (admittedly with a great RB opening a lot of plays for him).

Pete should really have been fired for picking Shoddy in the first place. That should have been the sign we were screwed. So I don't know if you can measure Wilson at all with the current OC because the current OC is a failure and a retread. You don't get success by relying on failures.

Wrong!!!
Another myth!!
Wilson in 2013 had a good run blocking line and DEAD LAST pass blocking line. He has never had a competent pass blocking line with Pete and Cable!!!

Get it straight. That is where the bad habits come from....he leaned them in order to survive.

Look it up and quit preaching BS!! :177692:

Cable Ranking

mrt144

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2nx385kj said:

I know RW would never admit this but maybe he is kind of 'done' emotionally and cognitively with the team. Which is a huge red flag and exactly the kind of attitude that proceeds a slump (Ive been there many times over the years with some of my favorite games).

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pc4ou7x said:
And the really sad and pathetic part is that as soon as he threw that pick 6, the Wilson bashers were happy. Nice existence when you're more happy about pumping your chest out than you are pissed they lost.

This. I saw it in game chat and on twitter. Gross

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am supposedly a 'Wilson-basher' but I am more frustrated that the guy never calls out his coaches for never putting him in a position to succeed.

It is really weird.

Russell Wilson has constantly had his line gutted. We have had DTs and basketball players on the OL, and we are shocked they struggle against people that are some of the best athletes in the world that have trained for at least a decade at their position. Then, if after years of travail they finally get reasonably good - we let them walk to 'save money' but we then spend this money on garbage acquisition FAs like that clown from the Eagles, Harvin, Graham, Joekel, That terrible Packers RB that loves Chinese Food, and the rest of them.

We have forced Wilson to realize that learning to play QB is not as important as running around to avoid sacks and try to play sandlot ball. Now he has developed bad habits that will be extremely difficult to unlearn.

Most of this was caused by :
Pete's obsession with avoiding turnovers and risk
Pete's feast or famine approach to offense
Pete's insistence on hiring ineffective failure OCs
Pete's inability to run an effective offense leveraging the QB (but for 2015 though we abandoned it in the playoffs)

Note that Pete starts every sentence? The problem is Pete not Wilson, and I hope that Wilson's camp makes it clear to the Hawk FO that he won't consider staying if he has to stay with Pete.

mrt144

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3fwxcy78 said:
I am supposedly a 'Wilson-basher' but I am more frustrated that the guy never calls out his coaches for never putting him in a position to succeed.

It is really weird.

Russell Wilson has constantly had his line gutted. We have had DTs and basketball players on the OL, and we are shocked they struggle against people that are some of the best athletes in the world that have trained for at least a decade at their position. Then, if after years of travail they finally get reasonably good - we let them walk to 'save money' but we then spend this money on garbage acquisition FAs like that clown from the Eagles, Harvin, Graham, Joekel, That terrible Packers RB that loves Chinese Food, and the rest of them.

We have forced Wilson to realize that learning to play QB is not as important as running around to avoid sacks and try to play sandlot ball. Now he has developed bad habits that will be extremely difficult to unlearn.

Most of this was caused by :
Pete's obsession with avoiding turnovers and risk
Pete's feast or famine approach to offense
Pete's insistence on hiring ineffective failure OCs
Pete's inability to run an effective offense leveraging the QB (but for 2015 though we abandoned it in the playoffs)

Note that Pete starts every sentence? The problem is Pete not Wilson, and I hope that Wilson's camp makes it clear to the Hawk FO that he won't consider staying if he has to stay with Pete.

I know I've said this before but RW is the exact kind of loyal you love in a dog but makes him almost inhuman and inaccessible to those around him . "If I work hard, do what the coaches say, trust in God, and just super focus, everything will be fine."

JSABoxG