Russell Wilson drafted by the Texas Rangers today

Slick

Reaction score
Stirring the pot a little bit, sounds like the sports scene in Big D would like some sort of inroad to RW if he somehow became a FA.

My money is on the Seahawks locking him ALL UP once he can negotiate after year 3 of his rookie deal. But ya never know FUGGERZ.

superdeluxe

Reaction score
drdiags":jezc2pxb said:
Looks like he plans to go to spring training

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 10m
Mark Rodgers, agent for Russell Wilson, says QB will want to be more than motivational speaker for #Rangers in spring training.

Rodgers said, “Russell will want to take BP and ground balls. He loves baseball. This is 3d time he has been drafted.” Rule 5 pick for 12.5K

Win-Win for everyone. I'm guessing RW's camp told the Rangers he would be interested in going down there, and they were interested in having him. 12k to have one of the best workers/preparers playing with you. I think the Rangers got a bargain. Nothing wrong with 2 weeks in Arizona or Florida in the winter.

ratso

Reaction score
Slick":32olofnd said:
Stirring the pot a little bit, sounds like the sports scene in Big D would like some sort of inroad to RW if he somehow became a FA.

My money is on the Seahawks locking him ALL UP once he can negotiate after year 3 of his rookie deal. But ya never know FUGGERZ.

Wilson will be part of the Seahawks organization for 50 years imo. HC Russell Wilson. GM Russell Wilson. Part owner Russell Wilson.

And if he chooses.... Washington State Governor Russell Wilson

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Awesome PR move by the Rangers, cause this story is on every sports station right now.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
First of all, the Rangers don't pay a dime if Russell doesn't sign with them. Being drafted just means he can't play for any other team.

Second, I thought that any player taken in the Rule 5 draft must be signed to the 25-man roster, which is pretty coveted and not used simply for motivational purposes.

Third, and finally, as cool as it is for Russell to gain this attention, I don't want his attention diverted this Spring from getting the Hawks ready to defend their Super Bowl title.

drdiags

Reaction score
It cost the Rangers 12K to draft him from the Rockies. So they obtain his rights but what does Wilson get out of this? I guess he had a contract with the Rockies that paid him a signing bonus but I wonder what the Rangers are on the hook to pay him while he is at Spring Training?

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":9bpl7dis said:
The Texas Rangers now have a better quarterback than both the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans.
LOL (I really did)
Win!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I would enjoy this story if it wasn't a Mariner division rival who did this. Instead I find it kind of annoying.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
My love for Russell Wilson runs so deep.. That if he did leave the Hawks for the Rangers, i would be a Ranger fan.

Hawker

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1lmkkrdz said:
The Texas Rangers now have a better quarterback than both the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans.

This.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ratso":nrva8hrx said:
Slick":nrva8hrx said:

Wilson will be part of the Seahawks organization for 50 years imo. HC Russell Wilson. GM Russell Wilson. Part owner Russell Wilson.

And if he chooses.... Washington State Governor Russell Wilson
President of the USA Russell Wilson. Book it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Gotta keep this football related guys, so:
No way, you no can have RW!!, he stays right here with his football bat, hit'n home runs for my Seahawks. :0190l: