Russell Today

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
it's funny, anyone online reading NFL box scores who didn't see the game today would think Russell must've played like s**t. Talk about a game where stats didn't tell the story, he played like a SAVAGE out there. He was getting some of the most brutal pass rush I've ever seen on almost every play, with our line barely even able to slow them down from a full sprint right into the pocket. The fact that he was able to keep his composure and not get rattled again confirms what a special player we have in Wilson.

If a terrifyingly bloody and crazed JJ Watt ripping into your backfield to murder you on every play doesn't shake you...nothing will.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Oh, stand by!

We will get some more 'Russell is not elite because..." posts that totally ignore or severely discount the fact that he had almost zero pass pro and spotty very spotty run blocking. I do like the flashes I saw from Bowie though, and am crossing my fingers that Unger is ready to go next week. The Texans have a withering pass rush, but the Colts are not far behind from what we saw in the 9ers crib. I don't want to rely on having two miracles in a row. And I REALLY like to hang an L on Cluck.