Russ posts “keep working” when he’s lounging by the pool

renofox

Reaction score
I buy it!

I mean, it's obvious that he's doing some form of intense, mighty wolverine, scientifically advanced, super shoulder stretching on his injured shoulder.

AND he's doing it all while everyone else is just sleeping around the pool! Probably at least 26 hours per day, too!

I'll bet he's even drinking super-duper miracle bubble water laced with extra wolverine blood.

What a stud!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a politician masquerading as a football player. I've always found that aspect about him off putting. Posters here recall when Wilson was "humble" and I'm wondering when that time was. He always spoke like he was a PR manager. Robotic is what people called him, everything seemed forced and fake. Even as far back as NC state I've heard stories about how he conducted himself.

Wilson's "grind" is all a lie. 22 hours a day rehabbing your hand? Bull f***ing sh**. This has always been Wilson, he's always been fake.

toffee

Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw him doing high knees around the pool between posing for those shots.

That was until the lifeguard called him out for running around the pool.
You should try doing high knees with your gf or Mrs hanging on you face to face, their arms around your neck, and legs around your waist. Yours knees must be high enough that she yells everytime your knee hits her buttock. The added resistance sure help with hamstring.

Try it, guaranteed to work wonders.

toffee

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is a politician masquerading as a football player. I've always found that aspect about him off putting. Posters here recall when Wilson was "humble" and I'm wondering when that time was. He always spoke like he was a PR manager. Robotic is what people called him, everything seemed forced and fake. Even as far back as NC state I've heard stories about how he conducted himself.

Wilson's "grind" is all a lie. 22 hours a day rehabbing your hand? Bull f***ing sh**. This has always been Wilson, he's always been fake.
But then we can't be sure, can we? Unless we have access to Wilson's daily schedule and monitor him. We kinda have to talk what he said at face value? I am of the opinion that football is a means to some bigger goal, football is just a step in some sort of grand endeavor.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
But then we can't be sure, can we? Unless we have access to Wilson's daily schedule and monitor him. We kinda have to talk what he said at face value? I am of the opinion that football is a means to some bigger goal, football is just a step in some sort of grand endeavor.

The second pix shows that Wilson had his laptop with him Tho

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
22 hours a day is impossible unless he's factoring in sleep as rehab. Even so that is highly disingenuous.

camdawg

Reaction score

I'm definitely pro-Russ compared to the majority of my fellow Hawks fans. That said, I can't defend his play, or his personality and conduct while he's been a Denver Bronco.

I was fortunate to be one of the season ticket holders picked to go to an event at the Clink Events Center, or Club Lounge, before the 2012 season. I believe this has happened before every season since, except for the 2020 Covid season. So some of you may have gone to something similar. You get to meet a few players; and get a pep talk from Pete, and maybe John, about the upcoming season.

For the 2012 event, the veteran players were Sidney Rice and Matt Flynn. Matt had a pretty confident vibe at that point in late July 2012.. he was confident he'd be the starter.

The two rookies at that event, meeting fans? Bruce and Russ. Bruce looked like a Greek God that Michaelangelo would carve a statue of. Russ looked like he might be your next door neighbor, and far from a football star.

When I got to meet him and shake his hand, Russ definitely felt " turned on", in the way that a motivational speaker like Tony Robbins would be if you went to his seminar.

So if the championship era teammates got annoyed by him, I can see how someone with the Tony Robbins positivity vibe would get old after awhile. Russ felt like a guy that could never "chill out".

That said, he felt to me like a normal guy, and not an arrogant rock star type that other teammates couldn't relate to. The guy who's now a part time model for Dolce and Gabbana, wearing $5K suits to games that are more suited for the red carpet at the Espy's or NFL Honors....that's not the guy I met in 2012. He's changed in a bad way. He might talk about how hard he's working...but it's clear he's not the film room junkie he was his first few years. He's so wrapped up in being a star, it's like he forgot the core business of football that got him there.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I buy it!

I mean, it's obvious that he's doing some form of intense, mighty wolverine, scientifically advanced, super shoulder stretching on his injured shoulder.

AND he's doing it all while everyone else is just sleeping around the pool! Probably at least 26 hours per day, too!

I'll bet he's even drinking super-duper miracle bubble water laced with extra wolverine blood.

What a stud!
And he's watching film at the pool, too

evergreen

Reaction score

Get the $&@@& out of here. He was all world for four to five years. Did you just move here? It was after that when the brand took over. First six years of Russ he was awesome. He’s not since and Father Time is on line 2.

Threedee

Reaction score
You should try doing high knees with your gf or Mrs hanging on you face to face, their arms around your neck, and legs around your waist. Yours knees must be high enough that she yells everytime your knee hits her buttock. The added resistance sure help with hamstring.

Try it, guaranteed to work wonders.
Plus, if you can keep it going for 20 minutes, it counts as cardio.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Get the $&@@& out of here. He was all world for four to five years. Did you just move here? It was after that when the brand took over. First six years of Russ he was awesome. He’s not since and Father Time is on line 2.
I’ve been here on this site since 2009. I have lived in Seattle for years and I was a fan since the Ricky Watters years.

Also, I’m talking about his overall persona, not his play. There were rumors about Wilson being like this all the way back to NC state.

Wilson was never humble as a player. He’s talked about his “brand” since day 1. He also rubbed his teammates the wrong way since before the timeline you mentioned.

Since you wanted to talk about Wilson the passer, he’s always been extremely inconsistent. He was a walking highlight reel that didn’t understand the finer nuances of the game.

He was always a peaky player, I compare him to Barry Sanders of the QB world. Extremely unique talent/style that also led to many big yardage losses and quarters of no offense, followed by a few big Wtf highlight throws/runs.

The presnap reads and checks he was always awful at. His pocket presence was non existent, his short accuracy was hit or miss, his ability to read the whole field has always been a huge question mark.

In short, Wilson relied on his athleticism and his unique talents to make things happen. The extremely simplified offenses, the whole halves without scoring, late season slumps, offensive line woes all were on Wilson and his deficiencies.

Wilson wasn’t a bad player, but I don’t think we could ever say that he was ever an elite QB. In some aspects he was, in other aspects he was severely lacking.