[Rumor] Wilson's agent seeking to "extract" him from SEA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I was listening to the Around the NFL podcast from 8/22 just now and they did a segment with Dameshek about which coaches are on the hot seat this season. One of the coaches they discussed was Pete Carroll, and this is what Dameshek had to say:

Dave Dameshek":ndqqz7ut said:
Somebody whose name I won't drop, who knows what he's talking about though, has said Russell Wilson has quietly, his agent has been quietly trying to extract him from Seattle anyway because he can see the demise of the would-have-been dynasty, were it not for Malcolm Butler.

No desire to discuss SB49 here, just the fact that Shek claims to have a source saying Wilson (or just his agent?) is looking for a way out of Seattle. Has anyone read or heard anything corroborating this? I'm surprised they just glossed over it in the podcast given that it's kind of a big deal and I hadn't heard anything to that effect before.

Podcast Link: https://player.fm/series/series-1542938 (1st Annual Coaches Hot Seat Bracket, the episode closest to the top) They start talking about Pete around the 55 minute mark.

MODS: if this is too weak to post, plz forgive me and delete this post.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Russell has two more years on his contract.

Mods.... How about you guys lock this thread and maybe unlock it next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Right, Wilson wants to quit b/c he doesn't see the team as championship team any longer? Whatever,?

Unnamed source, presumed reliable? I'm not buying what Damashek is selling.

Last man out, please turn off the lights!

truehawksfan

Reaction score
You never know who says what and why, but Im not buying.

First, you read a story that the Hawks were offering a 2nd RD pick, which we don't have, for Brisket.

Now this?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Fake news.

Source can’t be (or isn’t)substantiated.

Y’all carry on and speculate all you want.

I’ve got better things to invest my brain cells in.

Did I put that dead battery in the correct bin yesterday, I can’t remember.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
2 more 20 million dollar years....yarite...he aint going no whare......

More important....I got hit by a wasp below the knee and my calf is 2x its size. I am icing it and pills will be taken tomorrow.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2ll8peop said:

More important....I got hit by a wasp below the knee and my calf is 2x its size. I am icing it and pills will be taken tomorrow.

I told you to take some Benadryl along with the NSAIDS.
If you haven’t done that, I have no sympathy.

Cheers.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":369unc24 said:
Seahawkfan80":369unc24 said:

I told you to take some Benadryl along with the NSAIDS.
If you haven’t done that, I have no sympathy.

Cheers.

Got it brother. Thanks.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
If he's going to be "extracted" from Seattle, it will be after his contract is up, Seattle franchises him and another desperate team gives up a king's ransom in draft picks. This team ain't just gonna let him walk.

That said, I truly doubt that Wilson's agent cares what team he's on. Agents care about money, not teams.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
That doesn’t sound like Russ at all. Leaving a would be dynasty because of his own interception? Lol. Also, that line of thinking makes it feel like he thinks he could make more money and win more elsewhere, which is a complete unknown but more than likely untrue (probably only one or the other) — given his FA year is 3 years out at the earliest (assuming tag).

This might be leaked for some sort of contract posturing, but I don’t think there is anything to it other than that. Russ wants to be here.

Vesuve

Reaction score
adeltaY":2a3b7q2l said:
I was listening to the Around the NFL podcast from 8/22 just now and they did a segment with Dameshek about which coaches are on the hot seat this season. One of the coaches they discussed was Pete Carroll, and this is what Dameshek had to say:

Dave Dameshek":2a3b7q2l said:
Somebody whose name I won't drop, who knows what he's talking about though, has said Russell Wilson has quietly, his agent has been quietly trying to extract him from Seattle anyway because he can see the demise of the would-have-been dynasty, were it not for Malcolm Butler.

No desire to discuss SB49 here, just the fact that Shek claims to have a source saying Wilson (or just his agent?) is looking for a way out of Seattle. Has anyone read or heard anything corroborating this? I'm surprised they just glossed over it in the podcast given that it's kind of a big deal and I hadn't heard anything to that effect before.

Podcast Link: https://player.fm/series/series-1542938 (1st Annual Coaches Hot Seat Bracket, the episode closest to the top) They start talking about Pete around the 55 minute mark.

MODS: if this is too weak to post, plz forgive me and delete this post.

This is as bad as an Alan Smithee movie.

Makes no sense; not logical.

Next --->

chris98251

Reaction score
If anything this is his agent making the Seahawks think about Wilson, since it's a un named source. I would think his agent would be front and center and not using a second source to market Wilsons next contract anyway. They Agent is a Baseball guy, he understand Baseball marketing, and in Baseball they have few qualms about stating what they want.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Isn't WIlson's agent a NY guy? I thought when he switched agents that this would eventually happen.. Wilson in NY.. how awesome would that be for the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts