Rodgers hmm... choice words

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawkpower":xjhh3x4a said:
No, I was interpreting the "push back" comment as trying to pretend Rodgers was making this purely about religion, when in reality it was more of a chance for Rodgers to be a douche.

it was still funny though

Ahh, gotcha. Agreed that it wasn't JUST about religion, obviously, although I think that Rodgers is also a devout Christian and practices differently from Wilson isn't entirely incidental either. I think the backstory (1) Wilson's comments about God's plan after the NFCCG, 2) Rodgers firing back that God doesn't care about football, and thenv 3) Wilson firing back that God DOES care about football) led to all of this as much as Rodgers being a smart@ss did too.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Before I give my take I would like to say you guys played a great game last night. Honestly, I thought at the beginning of the fourth you guys were going to pull away. You lost to the Packers at home, and the Rams who are always tough for you guys, so I wouldn't worry about your team right now. Also, in all honesty I don't want to have to see the Packers play you guys again(home or away). I'm just relieved we finally were able to beat you guys once. As for Rodgers shot at Wilson after the game, according to some Packer's writers after the game sources tell them Rodgers doesn't like Wilson, because he thinks he's a phony. Wilson does talk a lot about God(especially for a guy that likes watching Fifty Shades of Grey while saying God told him it's wrong for him to have sex with his girlfriend). He claims God spoke to him on the field after his Super Bowl interception, and he talks a lot about his work ethic(Rodger's believes you should let other people talk about your work). So, don't get me wrong guys I'm not attacking Wilson. I'm just trying to say what I think Rodgers was meaning. Also, Wilson's NFC Championship postgame comments about God really stung to a lot of us Packer fans and players, and you know Rodgers remembers everything so.....Good luck moving forward guys. I like your team. Hope you miss the playoffs, but I only say that because I don't want to see the Pack have to face you guys again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":fggx836m said:
jake206":fggx836m said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WISN_Watson/status/645818702127067136[/tweet]

Hmm... Can't wait for a rematch.

Funny and Douchy at the same time.
Funny AND Douchy, that pretty much describes Aasshole Rodgers perfectly.
No Class whatsoever, but then again, I'm not disappointed, as I've never really expected anything different from him anyways.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Not douchey at all. Douchey is claiming god caused russ to throw 4 interceptions so the win would have drama.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I love Russ the player, but Russ the person seems faker than a 3 dollar bill. So really don't have a problem with the backhanded jab from Rodgers.

MrThortan

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2cwyxit8 said:
Agree with Rodgers ... why do players always bring God into sport ... is just beyond me.
God has NOTHING to do with winning or losing a football game. Hope Russell learns from this.

Some folks have faith and belief, not the God is going to force a fumble, or choose one team over the other, but that the individual can draw strength from God from within themselves to help them perform at their best. I have no problem with that.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Considering Russell beat out Rogers lil buddy (Flynn), I guess I can see how he'd take it personally. Not surprised Rogers thinks Russell is a phony, as he's spent so much time with him. :sarcasm_off: Or he could be assuming things off what the media says and then voicing an opinion about something he doesn't know anything about. Maybe Rogers should go down the road to the U. of Wisconsin and ask what hey think of Russell the person. Or he could shut his piehole until he actually knows the person. Sure it's a touch funny what he said, but it's still petulant.

Russell may not be the type of person I'd hang out with, but I respect his earnestness and convictions. He's careful of how he's perceived because he's also well aware of how the media can paint its own picture of a player.

Still seeing people grumping because they think Russell said something he didn't and they can't handle the made up quotes.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good for him, to the victor goes the spoils. I haven't read one of those fake QB facebook pieces since the Seahawks lost the Superbowl. I am sure Wilson is getting a good drumming from Rodgers in the latest one.

Wilson was cool as a rookie but as time has gone on, his shine has faded somewhat. I can respect people's choices in how they practice their beliefs. It gets murky when it appears they are not sincere.

Anyway, the Packers seem to be in good shape with the rest of the division showing warts for now. The Seahawks have work to do.

On a side note, I would like to see the players being pumped up by someone other than Wilson. I think this is a reflection on him trying to be like his idol Brees. I miss Big Red or Mike Rob pumping up the squad.

Packer Fan

Reaction score
lobohawk":hlu0tntb said:
Considering Russell beat out Rogers lil buddy (Flynn), I guess I can see how he'd take it personally. Not surprised Rogers thinks Russell is a phony, as he's spent so much time with him. :sarcasm_off: Or he could be assuming things off what the media says and then voicing an opinion about something he doesn't know anything about. Maybe Rogers should go down the road to the U. of Wisconsin and ask what hey think of Russell the person.

Hi Seahawks fans. Didn't join here to gloat about a narrow home victory. Just checking to see the thoughts around here. This is the first thread I have read. Decent read. This comment struck me as funny. I don't like Russell Wilson. I don't know him. He just rubs me the wrong way. Which says a bit since I generally root for Badgers as individuals since I went to school there. But I didn't come here to bash Seahawk players so I will leave it at that. I would wish you luck in turning things around but that would be beyond insincere. Regarding Rodgers comment, it was funny to me. Rodgers is a sarcastic, arrogant joker. I appreciate his thoughts and jokes.

hostis

Reaction score
I think some of you are reading WAY too much into this. This is Rodgers taking a friendly shot at a QB who's had his number for a few years now; nothing more.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
joeseahawks":rkwngaeb said:
Learn that winning a football game is NOT an act of God.
Hawkfan77":rkwngaeb said:
joeseahawks":rkwngaeb said:
Agree with Rodgers ... why do players always bring God into sport ... is just beyond me.
God has NOTHING to do with winning or losing a football game. Hope Russell learns from this.
Learns what?

"God" told you this...?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Love Russ as the Hawks QB, but I totally see how he can rub a lot of people the wrong way. His lack of self-awareness or a sense of humor can be grating.

He's like an inverse Matt Hasselbeck.

Considering what he puts out there, it shouldn't be surprising when some stuff gets thrown back at him as it has two weeks in a row now. It's not like he intentionally puts stuff out there that is ripe for the picking (he just seems really oblivious) but others will interpret tweets and quotes as they wish.

I just wish Rodgers would have found a way to mention nanobubbles.

ptisme

Reaction score
Here's why I think Rodgers did it....
Rodgers is HIGHLY competitive and is a known Christian (meaning he's open about it). I think he was pissed about losing his chance at the super bowl and it really got under his skin Wilson suggested it was God that granted the miracle to the Seahawks, as if God took sides.... I don't think this was Rodgers hating on Wilson as much as it was Rodgers being still pissed about losing that game...

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2lhp8lyu said:
I think people might be missing the subtext of Rodger's "I think God was a Packer fan tonight."

Basically, Rodgers' comment IS DEFINITELY a shot at Wilson, but it's because Rodgers finds Wilson constantly witnessing all the time to be un-Christlike and distasteful. As a fellow Christian he basically thinks Wilson's constant public hammering about his faith is corny, self-centered, unproductive, and un-godlike.

I'm not saying Rodgers is RIGHT (I'm non-practicing but Jewish, and don't really care either way), but that's what's going on here. He's making fun of Wilson for witnessing all the time and for crediting God with trivial things like football wins and losses.

I get it and have no problem with some back and forth ribbing. And I do realize that Wilson opens himself up to it by the things he chooses to say and do. If this truly is what's going on...I do find it find it interesting that fellow Christian Rodgers is choosing to call out someone else's faith and judge it as "corny, self-centered, unproductive, and un-godlike." If Rodgers' is truly concerned about the way Wilson is representing the Christian faith...perhaps there might be a more effective way to handle it...like a fellow Christian to fellow Christian conversation rather than a public verbal shot he has probably been thinking about all off season.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
HawkFreak":344d9ob4 said:
Popeyejones":344d9ob4 said:
.I do find it find it interesting that fellow Christian Rodgers is choosing to call out someone else's faith and judge it as "corny, self-centered, unproductive, and un-godlike." If Rodgers' is truly concerned about the way Wilson is representing the Christian faith...perhaps there might be a more effective way to handle it...like a fellow Christian to fellow Christian conversation rather than a public verbal shot he has probably been thinking about all off season.

I haven't seen where Rodgers said any of those things. He merely said it looked like God wanted them to win this one. How did you get all that out of a small sarcastic quip from rodgers?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Packer Fan":25vdbsoc said:
lobohawk":25vdbsoc said:
Considering Russell beat out Rogers lil buddy (Flynn), I guess I can see how he'd take it personally. Not surprised Rogers thinks Russell is a phony, as he's spent so much time with him. :sarcasm_off: Or he could be assuming things off what the media says and then voicing an opinion about something he doesn't know anything about. Maybe Rogers should go down the road to the U. of Wisconsin and ask what hey think of Russell the person.

Hi Seahawks fans. Didn't join here to gloat about a narrow home victory. Just checking to see the thoughts around here. This is the first thread I have read. Decent read. This comment struck me as funny. I don't like Russell Wilson. I don't know him. He just rubs me the wrong way. Which says a bit since I generally root for Badgers as individuals since I went to school there. But I didn't come here to bash Seahawk players so I will leave it at that. I would wish you luck in turning things around but that would be beyond insincere. Regarding Rodgers comment, it was funny to me. Rodgers is a sarcastic, arrogant joker. I appreciate his thoughts and jokes.

He does rub people the wrong way, and probably deservedly so. Many Seahawk fans feel that way too.

But to be fair, Rodgers, for all of his talent, and he is FANTASTIC, is fairly well hated around the league too for his smug, condescending ways.

Rodgers has every right to be annoyed, but it's fairly ironic, considering his captain douche hat that he totes around.

Smellyman

Reaction score
magical fairies in the sky often have a lot riding on a game. IMO they shouldn't be allowed to bet.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If that is a shot at Russ for pushing his beliefs on everyone, he deserves it and well played Rodgers.

If that is two ultra-religious guys arguing who has god on his side, it's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Latest posts