Roddy White is an idiot Volume #120912

Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'd love to see this get him some backlash, because people still believe he's some nice quiet dude. A couple more idiots that always had outrageous stuff to say on Twitter was Rashard Mendenhall and Aaron Curry.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
A lot of stupid, ignorant, bigoted people out there. Especially Roddy White.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Time to take to the streets and start looting. You know, because it proves a point; not because it's a chance to get a bunch of free stuff without getting arrested.

What a moron.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
So smelly if someone was on top of you beating your head into concrete and you had a gun are you saying you wouldn't have shot this person? He should never have been charged in the first place but because of media pressure they went ahead anyway knowing they would never get a a conviction in such a clear cut self defense case.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Natethegreat":11kv2fof said:
So smelly if someone was on top of you beating your head into concrete and you had a gun are you saying you wouldn't have shot this person? He should never have been charged in the first place but because of media pressure they went ahead anyway knowing they would never get a a conviction in such a clear cut self defense case.

I'm saying that if it was reversed, and a black kid was stalking a non-black person through the neighborhood, provoked a fight, and then shot the non-black person after starting to lose the confrontation, that kid would be in prison today and we never would have heard about it outside of Florida.

I'm also saying that if some dude tracks me through a neighborhood and then provokes a fight, I am going to kick his behind until he stops moving or runs away from me.

Of course, this is Florida, so you can provoke a fight and then shoot the dude that you start the fight with and get off. Welcome to the South. Just another reason that I moved and will never raise my kids in an immoral, unethical state like the ones down there.

Anyway, White is usually a tool, but he is rightfully frustrated and said something in the heat of the moment. I would just have apologized and mentioned that I would save my ire for Zimmerman himself in the future.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
So smelly if a white kid was on top of you bashing your head into the concrete and you had a gun would you have shot him? I think we both know the answer. I have managed throughout my life to not bash peoples faces into concrete and if someone takes that measure they open themselves up to unfortunate consequences. Maybe Zimmerman was an overzealous person but he was clearly acting in self defense at that point and would not be convicted of murder in any state wether in the south or north.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1lnlszil said:
So smelly if a white kid was on top of you bashing your head into the concrete and you had a gun would you have shot him? I think we both know the answer. I have managed throughout my life to not bash peoples faces into concrete and if someone takes that measure they open themselves up to unfortunate consequences. Maybe Zimmerman was an overzealous person but he was clearly acting in self defense at that point and would not be convicted of murder in any state wether in the south or north.

If I was a worthless piece of trash that chased the white kid around with a gun because he was white, I would absolutely deserve to spend the rest of my life in the pen after I scared him and provoked him into a fight and then shot him.

It's okay, it's just another black kid, I'm sure some people are secretly glad that there's one less.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2feyn797 said:
Natethegreat":2feyn797 said:

If I was a worthless piece of trash that chased the white kid around with a gun because he was white, I would absolutely deserve to spend the rest of my life in the pen after I scared him and provoked him into a fight and then shot him.

It's okay, it's just another black kid, I'm sure some people are secretly glad that there's one less.
Whatever, more injection of racial division and incitation. What facts do you have that the jurors or even Zimmerman were racially motivated other than you did not like their verdict? Just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson constantly trying to stir up hatred and division.
The facts in this case didn't come even close to what they charged him with plain and simple. Despite your claims to the otherwise our court system(nor the vast majority of Americans) is out to stick it to the black guy.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Natethegreat":fsv0b9pl said:
Smelly McUgly":fsv0b9pl said:
Natethegreat":fsv0b9pl said:

Whatever, more injection of racial division and incitation. What facts do you have that the jurors or even Zimmerman were racially motivated other than you did not like their verdict? Just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson constantly trying to stir up hatred and division.
The facts in this case didn't come even close to what they charged him with plain and simple. Despite your claims to the otherwise our court system(nor the vast majority of Americans) is out to stick it to the black guy.

Quit crying, dude. Let me guess, you're another middle American type that wants to talk about racial division as if you are some pure soul that has never noticed skin color before. Quit it with your Glenn Beckian crap.

The truth is that you know and I know that if Zimmerman were black and Martin white, Zimmerman would be in prison today.

I don't need to divide the races; Florida's judicial system and culture of Deep South racism are doing that fine on their own.

It's good to know that "I chased a kid and provoked a fight that I was losing, so I shot him" is a great defense, though. Maybe I'll terrorize a few teens in my neighborhood!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Anyway, I apologize for getting political in this forum. This Martin case just reminds me of my second-class citizenship in my own country and that it still exists in some important ways. It probably did that for White too (and for Harvin, who commented on it more obliquely and with somewhat masked disappointment). This explains his tweet.

I think it's very easy to criticize someone when you don't have to walk in his shoes or live from his perspective, but whatever. Things will hopefully be better for my kids and grandkids. I can hope.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm thinking this thread may get moved to the Politics forum.

This is an emotionally charged topic to chime in on. But, I'm going to chance it in case the following is at all informative to others wondering if there is more to the story. I think many are trying to process what's going on. Perhaps more than we know.

Smelly... the following reports will likely not sit well with you (and perhaps others as well), but there's more to this story than what the public has been fed. Please don't anyone shoot the messenger here. Just FYI. (by the way... there is really no such thing as "neutrality". Longer conversation, but I believe that is a myth. So, you're always going to hear things from one perspective or the other. Don't dismiss the following if you choose to dismiss the source. I don't frequent the site, but felt these were worth reading.)

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/georg ... ce-served/

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/07/trayv ... osecutors/

Roddy White's comment is inappropriate. As a representative of the NFL... Roddy White should have been more responsible with his words. Freedom of speech should not grant liberty to say such things just because he didn't agree with the verdict. Justice to Roddy White would have only been if Zimmerman would have been found guilty (no matter whether he was guilty or, as found, innocent.) Justice, according to Roddy White, is defined here as his personal (and probably fair to say uninformed) opinion.

We all say stupid things from time to time and have need to apologize. But, the apology you're suggesting doesn't really sound like an apology. It sounds more like you're suggesting Roddy White offer insincere lip service?

Regardless of race, it sounds like there's more to the story than the public was let on to believe... that Trayvon Martin was really a troubled teen. His parents, family and friends will grieve the loss. I've lost a child, family and friends. It's never easy no matter the cause or who is at fault.

I'll say one more thing (realizing that you're probably not acting your best at the moment as you're obviously in disagreement with the verdict)... Smelly, I think you projected way more than what was fair on NateTheGreat. I don't know either of you, but perhaps you two would see more eye to eye in person than in relative anonymity in this forum. It might be worth it for you both to apologize and not assume so much of each other.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't blame him for being upset. This was an emotionally charged situation for a certain demographic, and was upsetting on multiple levels for them.

I also have nothing against Roddy White. If you wonder why people hate so many of our players, then just look at why Seahawks fans hate Roddy White. He's just like so many of our players. He talks shit, he's competitive as hell, he's tough, he's brash, he doesn't back down, and he's damn good. Obviously he'll never play here because we have a gajillion dollars tied up in WRs, but if he did play for us, he'd fit right in with the crowd.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1vci6wjx said:
The truth is that you know and I know that if Zimmerman were black and Martin white, Zimmerman would be in prison today.

I don't need to divide the races; Florida's judicial system and culture of Deep South racism are doing that fine on their own.

Except that Zimmerman isn't 'white', he's Hispanic. You know, the folks the white people all hate if they oppose immigration reform. So your premise is flawed, and your conclusions from that premise are not valid.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Theres two other threads about this, one in the shack and one in the PWR. Please join them and copy your posts from here if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts