Stacks

Reaction score
thanks for reminding me why i dont come here anymore

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
You guys are too hilarious and I continue to have to explain myself.

1. I never said once Michael should replace Turbin in his role. Turbin is a damn good 3rd down back mostly because his strengths as receiver and blocker (even though he's not that impressive, he's dependable but its not like he's mistake free)

2. The Julius Jones reference was more in Offensive Line dependency rather than a comparison of abilities. Turbin is not an RB who is going to be successful behind a bad O-line. IMO, Julius Jones wasn't half bad, he was serviceable and well-rounded in his game (at least he was with Dallas). Like Turbin (so far), Jones was an average rusher that possessed an impressive physique that made him seem more formidable than he was but could be easily be tackled or taken out of a play.

3. People need to quit acting like I said, "I hate Turbin"... I never said that once... just because I like Michael's ability more as a RUSHER does not mean that I'm already giving up on Turbin or I want him replaced in his role. I would just like to see Michael get some carries, not a lot of carries, but a couple to a few a game at opportune times would be nice, like:

A. When the offense is struggling to make splash plays... because Michael can "tilt the field" with his explosive athletic ability and like Lynch he can be a dynamic improvisational play-maker. He can take nothing and make it into something.

B. When Lynch needs a quick-breather especially after Lynch goes Beast Mode on a defense and weakens their focus. Michael is exactly the type of RB to exploit a staggered defense.

Also, 1-5 carries a game , isn't going to hurt the Offensive Constitution because Christine Michael lacks pass-blocking ability because teams already stack the box in what seems 75% of the time whether it looks like a pass or not.

Sorry, to cause so much animosity over this topic. Geez.