Rob Staton is wrong !

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Fautanu is a phenomenal O Lineman. This teams needs to continue to build in the trenches. Also, he can play Tackle or Guard. With the iffy knee issues we are seeing with Lucas, they need to be prepared.

Last edited:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It may not be as illogical as it seems.

Mistakes are made in every round, including the 1st.

Many Pro Bowlers and some All Pros come from the 2nd round and later in the draft.
I do not understand how you can get a better player picking later when you have the option to pick that player earlier. Draft mistakes can happen regardless when you make the pick but getting lucky usually happens only in the later rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
I do not understand how you can get a better player picking later when you have the option to pick that player earlier. Draft mistakes can happen regardless when you make the pick but getting lucky usually happens only in the later rounds.
So your saying the Seahawks should have taken Chris Carson in the first round or Russell Wilson in Round 1 based on your statement ? Over picking a projection of a player early just because you like them is I think what he is saying. Maybe not but how I would kind of look at it, Stanton is egotistical at best, at worst a Narcissist, he is wrong and a lot and I have told him that several times, he stomped his feet and took his Ipad and went home, cannot debate anything.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
So your saying the Seahawks should have taken Chris Carson in the first round or Russell Wilson in Round 1 based on your statement ? Over picking a projection of a player early just because you like them is I think what he is saying. Maybe not but how I would kind of look at it, Stanton is egotistical at best, at worst a Narcissist, he is wrong and a lot and I have told him that several times, he stomped his feet and took his Ipad and went home, cannot debate anything.
I don't read Stanton. What I am saying is you would trade that third round Wilson pick because you want to bet you can get a better player in the 4th or fifth or sixth round?

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Drafting solely by needs, and not value, especially in round one, can lead to mistakes later on in the life of a team.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I see that you're coming around on receiver. Almost never a bad idea to consider a receiver.
Sure but, not one who is a 5'8" slot guy with 28" flippers that you want in round two.... Oh wait we don't have a round two pick. Now you know why I call you, Meal Kiper !

Cheers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sure but, not one who is a 5'8" slot guy with 28" flippers that you want in round two.... Oh wait we don't have a round two pick. Now you know why I call you, Meal Kiper !

Cheers
Actually, I had put him in round 4.

Also, nearly 31 inch arms!

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Drafting solely by needs, and not value, especially in round one, can lead to mistakes later on in the life of a team.
Totally agree with this statement, but give the amount of really good OL prospects, why would you draft a WR?

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’m so tired of watching JS draft OL. He and his scouts just aren’t very good at evaluating OL talent. We need DL just as much or more than OL. Please trade back and take a DL and get a 2nd rounder.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sweat is a good fit.

As for OL, well, Hawks brought in a OC with an offensive line background and a new OL coach, and Pete is gone. Don’t judge everything based on JS past.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I’m so tired of watching JS draft OL. He and his scouts just aren’t very good at evaluating OL talent. We need DL just as much or more than OL. Please trade back and take a DL and get a 2nd rounder.
Is it the talent evaluators or the coaching? When was the last OL that was coached up?