Road through the playoffs

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":1c9b9cn6 said:
Hasselbeck":1c9b9cn6 said:
ringless":1c9b9cn6 said:
Assuming Seattle plays an NFC East team. (Redskins) Then assuming they beat said team. Will they stay on the East coast? Or will they make the long trek back to Seattle and then fly all the way back to Carolina?

Thats some pretty serious distances. A lot of flying when players have some serious swelling going on.

Nah they wouldn't stay on the east coast. They never did that in 2012 with back-to-back road games against Washington and Atlanta, really doubt they'd do it now.

I agree 100% with looking at 2012. I however choose to learn from the results. We were manhandled in the first half by Atlanta. Why not learn from this and simply stay on the east coast

That was four years ago with a rookie QB... The Seahawks have NEVER stayed on the other side of the country between games and changing things up isn't a very good idea to experiment with in the playoffs.

Alexander

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":i74o58px said:
RiverDog":i74o58px said:
ringless":i74o58px said:
Assuming Seattle plays an NFC East team. (Redskins) Then assuming they beat said team. Will they stay on the East coast? Or will they make the long trek back to Seattle and then fly all the way back to Carolina?

Thats some pretty serious distances. A lot of flying when players have some serious swelling going on.

Moot point. If we get the 5th seed and beat the NFC East team, we'll face Arizona in the second round. If we get the 6th seed, we'll face the NFC North champ in the first round, either Green Bay or Minnesota.

But to answer your point, if the weather was better on the east coast, say if we were going to play Tampa Bay in the first round and Carolina in the second, I would definitely consider staying out there. It might be a nice change in venue for the team.

How do you come up with that??

If we are #5 and win the first round game (which would definitively be the NFC East winner, #4), the only way that we would play AZ (#2) next would be if #6 were to beat the NFC North winner (#3). Otherwise, we play Carolina second.

Yep. In the NFL, the lowest remaining seed visits the 1-seed in the divisional round.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't there a scenario by which the Falcons can still overtake us for a playoff spot?
If Atlanta wins their last 2 games, we lose our last 2 games and Minnesota wins at least one game.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":29neqkvq said:
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't there a scenario by which the Falcons can still overtake us for a playoff spot?
If Atlanta wins their last 2 games, we lose our last 2 games and Minnesota wins at least one game.

No. None. Nada. Zilch.

Atlanta would lose tie break to Seattle. Based on comparing records vs. common opponents.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Thanks.
I read an ESPN article that said that Falcons could still get the #5 seed.
Someone needs to proof read their articles ...
Silver Hawk":217zz4e2 said:
joeseahawks":217zz4e2 said:

No. None. Nada. Zilch.

Atlanta would lose tie break to Seattle. Based on comparing records vs. common opponents.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1cakomzu said:
Thanks.
Silver Hawk":1cakomzu said:
joeseahawks":1cakomzu said:

No. None. Nada. Zilch.

Yes, Atlanta could hypothetically take the 5th seed if they win their next two games (Carolina and New Orleans) and Minnesota and Seattle lose their next two games. That would create a three-way tie, and Seattle would then be left with the 6th seed. There is a very small chance of this happening (<1%). It's why Minnesota has not totally locked up their playoff spot yet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine ... 00791569~2
Three-way tie between Seattle, Minnesota, and Atlanta
NFC Tiebreakers
5th Seed - Atlanta
Wins tie break over Minnesota and Seattle based on strength of victory.
6th Seed - Seattle
Wins tie break over Minnesota based on head-to-head win percentage.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1yr8oxur said:
joeseahawks":1yr8oxur said:
Thanks.
Silver Hawk":1yr8oxur said:
joeseahawks":1yr8oxur said:

No. None. Nada. Zilch.

Yes, Atlanta could hypothetically take the 5th seed if they win their next two games (Carolina and New Orleans) and Minnesota and Seattle lose their next two games. That would create a three-way tie, and Seattle would then be left with the 6th seed. There is a very small chance of this happening (<1%). It's why Minnesota has not totally locked up their playoff spot yet.

NFC Tiebreakers
5th Seed - Atlanta
6th Seed - Seattle

Well, to be clear, that was not Joe's question. He had Minnesota winning one more game.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":19z9tjbq said:
hawknation2015":19z9tjbq said:

NFC Tiebreakers
5th Seed - Atlanta
6th Seed - Seattle

Well, to be clear, that was not Joe's question. He had Minnesota winning one more game.

Not saying you're wrong, just clarifying for him how Atlanta could hypothetically take the 5th seed.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":22svi0u2 said:
Silver Hawk":22svi0u2 said:
hawknation2015":22svi0u2 said:

NFC Tiebreakers
5th Seed - Atlanta
6th Seed - Seattle

Not saying you're wrong, just clarifying for him how Atlanta could hypothetically take the 5th seed.

Understood. :D

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Got it. So, if Atlanta makes it, it would be at the expense of Minnesota, not Seattle.

kmeleon

Reaction score
joeseahawks":7oa4x9yf said:
Got it. So, if Atlanta makes it, it would be at the expense of Minnesota, not Seattle.

Yes, Minnesota would be out. Seattle is locked in, guaranteed either the 5 or 6 seed.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":pkss2eig said:
RiverDog":pkss2eig said:
ringless":pkss2eig said:

Moot point. If we get the 5th seed and beat the NFC East team, we'll face Arizona in the second round. If we get the 6th seed, we'll face the NFC North champ in the first round, either Green Bay or Minnesota.

But to answer your point, if the weather was better on the east coast, say if we were going to play Tampa Bay in the first round and Carolina in the second, I would definitely consider staying out there. It might be a nice change in venue for the team.

How do you come up with that??

If we are #5 and win the first round game (which would definitively be the NFC East winner, #4), the only way that we would play AZ (#2) next would be if #6 were to beat the NFC North winner (#3). Otherwise, we play Carolina second.

My bad. You're right, I mis spoke. Should have said Carolina. Not sure I came up with the NFC North. Sorry about that.