Ringing Ears

Seaswab

Reaction score
Has anyone had ringing ears several days after the game and did it finally go away?

oasis

Reaction score
loud-noises.gif

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2k0kaxky said:
The hearing aid business will be doing a "land office business" in a few years!
True enough, but in my case :16: it's just too bad that they don't have gizmo's that help the 'Hard Of Listening'
Remember folks, you heard it here first :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
scutterhawk":123thjvu said:
Bigpumpkin":123thjvu said:
The hearing aid business will be doing a "land office business" in a few years!
True enough, but in my case :16: it's just too bad that they don't have gizmo's that help the 'Hard Of Listening'
Remember folks, you heard it here first :thirishdrinkers:

Huh...what???
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Tokadub

Reaction score
I have permanent ringing in my ears too from both playing music, going to concerts, heck even blasting music at 100% as a kid with headphones probably contributed.

I would recommend anyone who goes to a Seahawks game or concert to wear ear plugs. It may be lame but 110+ decibels is no joke.

Some people can handle much louder noises without taking damage, some get permanent damage very easily.

According to this link @ 115 decibels 30 seconds is the maximum time you should be exposed. I'm guessing it's louder than 115 for a lot more than 30 seconds at a Hawks game. So unfortunately that is the kind of sound that could give a lot of people permanent hearing damage.

http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/educat ... uidelines/

I think hearing protection and loud sounds in general are one of the most serious health topics that nobody is really aware about. Our ears evolved to hear like thunder or battle screams as the loudest thing, not 100+ watt amps or thousands of people trying to set a Guinness world record in a stadium designed to amplify.

Hopefully your ears recover wear protection next time, it's lame but better than having ringing ears your whole life.

Oh but if you are going to wear earplugs you should get something that doesn't completely ruin the experience. Something like these are good for dampening the decibel level but you can still hear clearly without it being all muffled:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hearos-High ... 1134130.gc

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Everyone should definitely take care of their ears. I have permanent damage from military service and wish I had worn ear plugs. Granted that in my case it was a little tough to do when I suffered damage but I wish I had tried harder. I have to have some form of ambient noise, like a fan or music, or I can't sleep. Definitely not something to mess with. I can't count how many times I have to have people repeat stuff to me and I'm only 36.

Take care of them ears 12's!! It's one of those things you don't think will be a big deal until it's too late.

Latest posts