Ricardo Lockette Retiring

pmedic920

Reaction score
fdc11b6f3bc3594f5fe49eea87df7ed6.jpg

e30cecb1d3abb9e990a049552911cbe0.jpg

kf3339

Reaction score
This is a very good decision on his part. He did a great job for our team and only wish him the best for the future.

God Speed Ricardo!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm really happy he called it a career. He won a Super Bowl, he made a decent living.. no sense risking your life further.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I kinda expected him to retire but it still sucks. He will always be my favorite gunner. Thanks for your hard work Ricardo, enjoy your well earned money.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
too bad it ended like it did...his career and sb49. Hope he gets a job in the front office so he can at least earn a living in football.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of sucks, but it's the right call for his health and future. Thanks for all you did for our team and our city, Ricardo. You have been, and will be missed.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Had to go watch his flop again. Loved that so much.

I will miss Ricardo. I was not expecting him to have to retire...

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sorry to see him go, but this is obviously a good decision. Loved him as a gunner!

Thanks for the thrills!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It's the doctors telling him it's over,you know he doesn't want it to be but in his case it's time.He will be missed but not forgotten.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":kr0ca5g7 said:
The doctors must know something we don't.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/730523482908467200[/tweet]
Sorry that hit happened but he wasn't much more than a gunner, a really good one. Better he gets out with his health because it isn't worth the possible risk.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's the smart thing to do.
He almost died on the field that day.
His career lasted longer than the average player, he is leaving as a past champion and with his health.
If you can leave the game with a Super Bowl ring and your health, I'd call it a successful career.

I wish him the best.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
One of the unsung heroes on a team full of stars. His presence on special teams was felt on every kickoff, always in the action. Good luck, Lockette!

I wonder if he still pals around with Kaepernick?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He had the right attitude and determination. He loved being a valuable contributor on special teams and he Loved His Brothers. I didn't expect him to ever return after that injury. Just a shame but I don't think he had a choice. Rock on Ricardo.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2t8fbzne said:
It's the smart thing to do.
He almost died on the field that day.
His career lasted longer than the average player, he is leaving as a past champion and with his health.
If you can leave the game with a Super Bowl ring and your health, I'd call it a successful career.

I wish him the best.

I'd hardly say that he is leaving "with his health". The TV newscast tonight said that he is unable to turn his head. In my book, that not a condition of "health."
I'm pretty sure that the fellow who hit him feels bad right now.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear but I'm glad for him, his family and his friends. i like the trend we're seeing in the NFL where
guys are retiring early because they're concerned about their health and longevity.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Very sad ending to his career but glad he is smart enough to walk away. It was very surreal being in the stadium when it happened. I had my picture taken with his Mom at the tailgate before the game, very sweet lady. Hopefully the Seahawks will keep him onboard in some capacity.