Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3v59ktkf said:
If video comes out, I do believe Marvin will be like "It's only 720P; not clear enough, can't tell what really happened."

;)

Dude, if he hit her I want him gone. Simple as that.

The video tho is of her getting hit my another woman, not Reuben.

Reaction score
We'll know within 60 days of Thursday. Since Foster and his lawyer did not waive the right to a speedy trial.

Sounds like he'll be fine. Hopefully it scares him away from even getting into these situations though.

original poster

Reaction score
QuickLightning":mywyq6mb said:
We'll know within 60 days of Thursday. Since Foster and his lawyer did not waive the right to a speedy trial.

Sounds like he'll be fine. Hopefully it scares him away from even getting into these situations though.

It rarely does, unfortunately.

Marvin49

Reaction score
original poster":28en20va said:
QuickLightning":28en20va said:

True.

BTW, quick update:

Her attorney states Elissa Ennis will be testifying in court on Thurs that he didn't hit her.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3gl8c6nn said:

He will be in the same situation within 1 - 3 months. He has nothing for brains. Just a total idiot for decision making. I can't see him holding it together for very long.

original poster

Reaction score
Marvin49":1wyjs9ug said:
original poster":1wyjs9ug said:
QuickLightning":1wyjs9ug said:

True.

BTW, quick update:

Her attorney states Elissa Ennis will be testifying in court on Thurs that he didn't hit her.

I haven't been following it closely Marvin.

Could you answer why she is now saying he didn't hit her? From an outsider with no real knowledge of the situation it shouts money talks but appreciate there may be way more to it than that?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
original poster":2ac22x0h said:

Could you answer why she is now saying he didn't hit her? From an outsider with no real knowledge of the situation it shouts money talks but appreciate there may be way more to it than that?

The "more to it than that" is that her lawyer has given the DA video evidence of her physical injuries purportedly being caused the day before in a fistfight she got in with another woman in a road rage incident. The DA has also acknowledged receipt of this video and delayed things to investigate it.

Of course, maybe the video doesn't show what her and her lawyer claim is on it, but there's video evidence involved, not just her now claiming that she filed a false police report.

Long story short, at time of arrest she had a swollen lip and ruptured ear drum. She said Foster did that too her. She's now saying she lied about that and has the video evidence to prove it.

We should have more details about the quality of this video evidence in the next 48 hours or so.

TRANSITION OVER TO MY CONJECTURE:

My *guess* is the DV might get dropped in the preliminary hearing tomorrow, but they'll move forward with the weapons charge and *maybe* a DV charge at the misdemeanor level (for breaking her phone -- that one is complicated).

If that happens I'm guessing he pleas out and gets a fine and community service for the gun, in addition to a healthy suspension from the NFL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
original poster":68rxohwt said:
Marvin49":68rxohwt said:
original poster":68rxohwt said:
QuickLightning":68rxohwt said:

True.

BTW, quick update:

Popeye laid a lot of it out, but some context...

According to her statement through her attorney, She says that she got into an altercation with another woman and when she spoke with Reuben about the encounter he attempted to break up with her. She then threatened to "trash his career". these are her words, not his.

She apparently attempted to recant her initial statement very soon after the day of the incident but the DA pressed charges anyway.

After the charges were filed, she hired a lawyer and that lawyer released a public statement that Reuben did not hit her and that she lied because he was breaking up with her. She apologized to the police and to Reuben in the statement.

From the outside if you aren't really paying attention its easy to say "ok so now all of the sudden she changes her story...she got paid". I'm not saying that's no correct...but she tried to recant what she told police almost immediately. They just pressed charges anyway...something that they have felt compelled to do given how many accusers recant their stories.

He could be guilty. I won't say that isn't possible...but I tend to believe her now.

She is putting herself in legal jeopardy by saying she lied AND she would be committing perjury when she testifies on Thurs if she is lying now.

Another thing: I don't think this is a "saving her man" thing either as they are broken up.

We'll see though. Tomorrow is a big day for this case.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3us1afbv said:
original poster":3us1afbv said:
Marvin49":3us1afbv said:
original poster":3us1afbv said:

True.

BTW, quick update:

Popeye laid a lot of it out, but some context...

According to her statement through her attorney, She says that she got into an altercation with another woman and when she spoke with Reuben about the encounter he attempted to break up with her. She then threatened to "trash his career". these are her words, not his.

She apparently attempted to recant her initial statement very soon after the day of the incident but the DA pressed charges anyway.

After the charges were filed, she hired a lawyer and that lawyer released a public statement that Reuben did not hit her and that she lied because he was breaking up with her. She apologized to the police and to Reuben in the statement.

From the outside if you aren't really paying attention its easy to say "ok so now all of the sudden she changes her story...she got paid". I'm not saying that's no correct...but she tried to recant what she told police almost immediately. They just pressed charges anyway...something that they have felt compelled to do given how many accusers recant their stories.

He could be guilty. I won't say that isn't possible...but I tend to believe her now.

She is putting herself in legal jeopardy by saying she lied AND she would be committing perjury when she testifies on Thurs if she is lying now.

Another thing: I don't think this is a "saving her man" thing either as they are broken up.

We'll see though. Tomorrow is a big day for this case.

Yeah that donation to her account after this clears up though will sure be nice, emotional duress is a great excuse for exageration.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
He's too dumb to stay out of trouble even if he didn't do this. He will be in new trouble within a short time. Reuben never goes very long without doing something of terrible judgement. It's just how his mind works. He's a pretty good player when he is in there and healthy. But I don't think you can count on him for the long term.

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/997167973046435841[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/997168730432917505[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/997169209544069120[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/997169330889547776[/tweet]