Remarks from a Saints fan who went to the game

NOSaintsFan09

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm not here to say good game or anything because I know how no one ever wants to hear that after a tough loss.

But I would be remiss if I didn't come here to let you guys know I had such a marvelous time in your city and your fanbase was unquestionably the nicest opposing fan base I've ever encountered.

Your stadium is beautiful too. Sheesh, I love the Superdome, but we're miles behind when it comes to modernness haha. Your stadium (and city in general) has sooooo much space haha.

It was great to experience the 12s in action too. Obv I didn't get the full on experience because it wasn't the Seahawks best game but I heard glimpses here and there of how loud and rowdy yall can be. I think your HFA and ours is neck and neck for the best in the NFL (I know KC has a good one too, I hope to go to a game there one year and see).

But anyways, I hope you guys whoop the Rams for us in two weeks. And thank you to this board for your recommendations and welcomes, and to your fanbase and city in general for making it a marvelous trip for me and my gf. Y'all really made a lasting impression on us. I hope anyone who ever visits New Orleans for a game or visit in general receives the southern hospitality like we received the western hospitality.

legend38

Reaction score
So great to hear that our fan base is acting like this, thanks for sharing. Great job 12’s.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Love hearing that is the treatment you got here. I've been to Dallas, Nashville and Arizona and have always been treated well but I saw it go bad for others in Arizona but it was mostly drunk Seahawk fans (but the stadium was mostly Seahawk fans). We had a lot of back and forth in Nashville but it was all good natured. Dallas was by far the friendliest people to us. I have only seen one fight in my area over the last 5 years or so and it was a drunk Cowboy fan getting what he asked for. So glad you had a good experience. I ride the ferry to the games and that is a really unique experience. It's a tailgate where occasionally you see Orca whales!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Saints fans are all class. I liked seeing people in our section being civil with the 3 that were yelling all game. Shoot, they earned it. We were treated very well when we went to a game out there, was nice to see the Hawks fans doing the same. Congrats on your win, you guys wanted it more.

OP
OP
N

NOSaintsFan09

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hm4urafg said:
Saints fans are all class. I liked seeing people in our section being civil with the 3 that were yelling all game. Shoot, they earned it. We were treated very well when we went to a game out there, was nice to see the Hawks fans doing the same. Congrats on your win, you guys wanted it more.
Thank you.

I may have been one of those loud, yelling fans haha. Not in a mean way, I'm just a fan so of course every big play we had I can't help but to get up and cheer and celebrate as if I were in the Dome. I did start a Who Dat chant at the end of the game too. But my fandom-ness comes in peace. :2thumbs: And the Seahawks fans in our section were more than nice and understanding about it.

Away games can always be hit or miss because for every 100 nice fans you meet, there's one or two that are mean idiots. Thankfully, I ran into none during my Seattle trip.

OP
OP
N

NOSaintsFan09

Reaction score
peppersjap":2gqgi733 said:
Love hearing that is the treatment you got here. I've been to Dallas, Nashville and Arizona and have always been treated well but I saw it go bad for others in Arizona but it was mostly drunk Seahawk fans (but the stadium was mostly Seahawk fans). We had a lot of back and forth in Nashville but it was all good natured. Dallas was by far the friendliest people to us. I have only seen one fight in my area over the last 5 years or so and it was a drunk Cowboy fan getting what he asked for. So glad you had a good experience. I ride the ferry to the games and that is a really unique experience. It's a tailgate where occasionally you see Orca whales!
I went to Dallas last year and in 2014. 2014 was great, the fans were super playful in my section.

Last year, overall I had a good time (besides the fact we loss) but there were much more rowdier fans being jerks to us. None to make me super mad or worried or anything though.

It's always a luck of the draw really. I've seen some Saints fans after our games be real punks to visiting fans. It always bothers me. I try to go out my way every time there's opposing fans in my section at the Dome to be nice to them. At the end of the day, it's just a game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Glad you had fun. I went to my first game vs the Bengals, and was also glad to see Bengals fans treated well.

I don't appreciate fans that get belligerent towards opposing fans. They didn't play in the game, they had nothing to do with the win or loss, so acting like they're better than anyone else is imbecilic behavior. But alcohol....and I'm not innocent when it comes to drunken foolishness, so I can't get too high on my horse. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've been to 13 road games and a Super Bowl. Overall, it hasn't been bad, opposing fan-wise.
But the worst ones were Chicago and Cleveland. Absolutely brutal fans out there, and borderline scary in Chicago. Great city but the fans are horrible.
Miami, New Orleans, Denver and Indy were all incredibly friendly and welcoming.
Niners fans were obnoxious of course, but that's to be expected against the Hawks. Arizona "fans" were more funny because for a franchise that has done next to nothing, they sure loved pumping their chests out.
Though half the stadium was Hawks fans all 3 times I went out there.
Unfortunately, I've seen some of the younger Hawks fans get really brutal with opposing fans, it's embarrassing to be honest.

Seymour

Reaction score
Classy post OP!

Too bad we didn't give you the proper BeastQuake type welcoming though!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Glad to hear that your time was fantastic. You are welcome for the information.

Been to your field one time and had a blast. Been to others and had ok situations. Enjoy the rest of your season.

Seymour

Reaction score
NOSaintsFan09":13viqvbo said:
Seymour":13viqvbo said:
Classy post OP!

Too bad we didn't give you the proper BeastQuake type welcoming though!
The one in 2011 was enough ;)

No worries. Say hi to "The Joker" for us. Hopefully he isn't your "buddy" though. :twisted:

Joke butt graham saints

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad we made your stay a welcomed one. When I went to New Orleans for a Seahawks away game years ago, I was taken back by how classy you Saints fans were to us Seahawks fans. I fell in love with the city, the music, the food and how dang cool everyone was. Look forward to going back!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm right there with Aros. My wife and I spent a week out there and went to the game. Maybe our favorite city we have been to other than Maui. The people were so friendly and actually thanked you for being there. Just seemed like a really tight community of people out there. And so much fun stuff to do. Shoot, even after the Saints smoked us, not a single Saints fan was talking junk on Bourbon Street after the game. We all just partied and had fun.
A return trip is definitely going to be happening. Also, being a musician, I was in heaven out there. Some amazing cats out there, incredible players w/a lot of experience. And all the street musicians, that was really fun to watch too. And the food...…..next level.

OP
OP
N

NOSaintsFan09

Reaction score
I'm glad to see those who have already visited New Orleans had as great a time there as I had in Seattle. :D

D

DomeHawk

If we want to promote ourselves as the best, or at least one of best fan bases, that should extend to how we treat visiting fans.

Thank you for your comments.