Reich fired at indy

kidhawk

Reaction score

Looks like they are bringing in Jeff Saturday as the interim head coach. I also heard that Saturday hasn't coached above the high school level. Should be an interesting experiment to watch the rest of the season.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yet Kingsbury remains employed by Arizona (thank goodness!)

Aircrew

Reaction score
Yet Kingsbury remains employed by Arizona (thank goodness!)
I was just talking about that. AZ's defense is really good, and they have alot of talent on offense. More talent than their performance shows. How Kingsbury still has a job is a testament to how dysfunctional the Cardinals really are.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
They do have a lot of talent and I kept seeing sloppy mistakes yesterday. I would think that's due to coaching?

My good friend in AZ told me that many of the fans (including her) had high expectations for this season and are depressed about how things are going.

Then there's Denver and Green Bay...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Is all of this really Frank Reich's fault though? Reich has a traditional HC role, he doesn't have powers of GM like Belichick or Carroll. Since Luck has retired, the Colts have been fielding the walking dead at QB in Rivers, and Ryan. If anything I'm impressed that he's been able to get as much done as he has with his QB's.

Oh well, I guess the Jeff Saturday internship is going to be fun to watch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This makes no sense unless Reich asked for it.

Took the Colts to the playoffs twice, only had one losing record before this year and after Luck's hasty retirement was given Nick Foles, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan and Sam Ehlinger to work with.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jim Irsay is an idiot! The GM is the problem.

Chris Ballard should have been fired years ago! Ballard allowed Andrew Luck to get beat up, day in and day out, to the point that Luck finally retired! I deal with chronic pain, and it's extremely tiring. You sleep for an hour or 3 at a time, you have to have all kinds of medication, heat pads, ice packs at work, at home, when traveling. And it gets really old.

I applauded Luck when he retired. He had no offensive line, and instead of coaching, they had Andrew throwing his body in there, and taking more hits than are healthy.

The Colts problem this year is that they have very little talent, and zero depth. They did great when they were healthy, but as soon as 2 or 3 front line starters get hurt, their productivity falls off of a cliff.

Oh, and they traded for Matt Ryan. *facepalm* And because he kept tossing interceptions, and because Reich couldn't get Sam Ehlinger to win games for them. Who is he supposed to throw to? Where is the running game? So, Frank gets fired.

Then they hire Jeff Saturday, loud mouth and high school coach extraordinaire. Really? I don't know of any former Centers that are coaching at any level. But maybe he can get the offensive line up to speed. I don't really have anything against Saturday, but he has made some very biased statements in the past, playing up to the biggest populations.

But without Peyton Manning, the Colts are a 4 alarm dumpster fire. I'm glad Frank Reich was fired. He needed to get away from that unmitigated disaster!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He doesn't sign the QB's he gets..
Only Rivers did a good job but retired.
It's not his fault the star players have been out
injured a lot this year..What can you do?
The OL..For those who complain-It's the highest
paid OL in football and the Colts have always tried
to have a good one but injuries have cursed that for
years.
I agree the GM spot has been bad for some time and
really he should have been fired with that QB wheel deal.
But the nonsense with OL is silly because that is one thing
they take seriously..They even hired ex OL for HC.
If anyone with no HC experience can do it Saturday can.

kidhawk

Reaction score
when will Saturday be fire? may be a countdown is in order. I gave him 1 year tops.
As an interim coach, his position is only until the next coach is hired. Teams are allowed to hire interim coaches without the Rooney rule, but they must have an interview process that fulfills the Rooney rule during the offseason to hire a permanent coach. This is basically an 8 game trial for Saturday and then they will interview coaches and either hire Saturday permanently or replace him. I doubt he'll get fired before the end of the season, so he will fulfill the interim obligation.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As an interim coach, his position is only until the next coach is hired. Teams are allowed to hire interim coaches without the Rooney rule, but they must have an interview process that fulfills the Rooney rule during the offseason to hire a permanent coach. This is basically an 8 game trial for Saturday and then they will interview coaches and either hire Saturday permanently or replace him. I doubt he'll get fired before the end of the season, so he will fulfill the interim obligation.

I have wondered…if The Panthers retain Wilks, would they also be subject to interviewing another minority or woman if they want to keep him?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have wondered…if The Panthers retain Wilks, would they also be subject to interviewing another minority or woman if they want to keep him?

I’m no expert and am only repeating what I’ve heard and they were specifically talking about the Colts situation but it seemed to fit generally.

My understanding is that the Rooney rule is waived for interim coaches due to the urgency of needing a head coach mid season. Once the season ends the full interview process must be followed including al minority interviewing rules.

Scout

Reaction score
There is no plan at the QB position and that falls on the GM's laps.

renofox

Reaction score
Let the tanking begin!
You'd think that they would have learned their lesson about tanking after the "success" (actually, lack thereof) of the "suck for Luck" fiasco.

Since Manning left, that franchise became hopeless. Tanking is never a good strategy.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Andrew Luck would have been successful if the Colts would have tried to give him a decent O line. Luck retired early due to being beat up

toffee

Reaction score
Jim Irsay is an idiot! The GM is the problem.

Chris Ballard should have been fired years ago! Ballard allowed Andrew Luck to get beat up, day in and day out, to the point that Luck finally retired! I deal with chronic pain, and it's extremely tiring. You sleep for an hour or 3 at a time, you have to have all kinds of medication, heat pads, ice packs at work, at home, when traveling. And it gets really old.

I applauded Luck when he retired. He had no offensive line, and instead of coaching, they had Andrew throwing his body in there, and taking more hits than are healthy.

The Colts problem this year is that they have very little talent, and zero depth. They did great when they were healthy, but as soon as 2 or 3 front line starters get hurt, their productivity falls off of a cliff.

Oh, and they traded for Matt Ryan. *facepalm* And because he kept tossing interceptions, and because Reich couldn't get Sam Ehlinger to win games for them. Who is he supposed to throw to? Where is the running game? So, Frank gets fired.

Then they hire Jeff Saturday, loud mouth and high school coach extraordinaire. Really? I don't know of any former Centers that are coaching at any level. But maybe he can get the offensive line up to speed. I don't really have anything against Saturday, but he has made some very biased statements in the past, playing up to the biggest populations.

But without Peyton Manning, the Colts are a 4 alarm dumpster fire. I'm glad Frank Reich was fired. He needed to get away from that unmitigated disaster!
May be Ballard calls Irsay daddy, and do all the positions Irsay likes? It's true that blood is thicker than water, but hey, sperms is thicker than water too. Whatever Irsay is doing, it has to involve hormone, otherwise, it made no sense.