Reed suspended 6 games....

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Suspended without legal charges sounds an awful lot like the Elliott situation. Or was he actually charged and then had them dropped?

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":1bdoolrd said:
Sgt. Largent":1bdoolrd said:
Terrible obviously, but bright side is it might drive his extension demands down a little.

We have a zero DV tolerance policy. This guilty verdict by Goodell means he is off the team by all rights.

Incorrect. The NFL concluded that he violated the personal conduct policy. I haven't seen anything, anywhere that states that the NFL has concluded that he committed domestic violence.

There are all kinds of ways to violate the personal conduct policy that don't include DV. For instance, putting yourself in the position to be suspected of having committed DV.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't matter.

If a team cuts a productive player, then another team just signs him.

Maybe a Ray Rice elevator incident or something can prevent it, but for the most part - someone else just gets a better player and the team loses that productivity.

Go talk to KC about how cutting their exceptionally important running back screwed them. They probably beat New England and go to the Super Bowl but for that.

Someone like Reed probably takes a pay cut, slightly, if he ends up going somewhere else. But for the most part, the one paying the greatest penalty is the team shedding him.

I will be happy to see Reed back though. We need him.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
McGruff":1c4iutde said:
Sgt. Largent":1c4iutde said:
Terrible obviously, but bright side is it might drive his extension demands down a little.
Seahawks Twitter is already blowing up in condemnation of Reed. Cant imagine what would happen if we re-signed him now.

Seems eerily similar to what happened with Frank Clark before we drafted him. Many fans have very short memories when the player performs on the field.

What happened with Corey Liuget? We brought him in for a visit over the offseason & I see he hasn't signed anywhere yet...

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":1rcke4iy said:
Seymour":1rcke4iy said:
Sgt. Largent":1rcke4iy said:

We have a zero DV tolerance policy. This guilty verdict by Goodell means he is off the team by all rights.

Incorrect. The NFL concluded that he violated the personal conduct policy. I haven't seen anything, anywhere that states that the NFL has concluded that he committed domestic violence.

There are all kinds of ways to violate the personal conduct policy that don't include DV. For instance, putting yourself in the position to be suspected of having committed DV.

And you likely do not see the sun at midnight either. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :roll:

This is CLEARLY a DV guilty verdict by Goodell.

July 22, 2019 at 12:32 pm
Seahawks DT Jarran Reed finished his 2018 season with 10.5 sacks. (AP)

Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed has been suspended for six games for a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.

Reed’s suspension was first reported by the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport. The Seahawks confirmed it later Monday morning.

The suspension stems from a May 2017 incident, during which a woman reportedly claimed Reed assaulted her at a home in Bellevue.

“He had his appeal come back on Friday and it was denied,” Rapoport told NFL Network Monday morning. “He was not arrested, he was not charged, he was found culpable by the NFL.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/6762...mes-for-violation-of-personal-conduct-policy/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":26nv11sg said:
Sgt. Largent":26nv11sg said:

Where did you hear we have a zero DV policy? We drafted a player that cut a plea deal for domestic violence.

John and Pete IMO are very honest and fluid with how they handle all off field incidents.........in both drafting and evaluating current players. Guarantee you over the past two years they've already done their own vetting out with what Reed did, and have come to the conclusion that it's not going to affect how they move forward with him.

Remember, this happened two years ago. If John and Pete had a problem with Reed, they wouldn't have been talking about extending him, and all the other glowing things Pete's had to say about Reed's growth as emerging as one of our best players and leaders.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":3a5w12af said:
Chapow":3a5w12af said:
Seymour":3a5w12af said:
Sgt. Largent":3a5w12af said:

And you likely do not see the sun at midnight either. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :roll:

This is CLEARLY a DV guilty verdict by Goodell.

No. It isn't.

But I can see it's not worth explaining this any further to you.

We have basically no idea what happened that night, but we do know he wasn't arrested or charged, and you want to bust out the pitch forks and torches. Sorry, but I'm not going to condemn a guy without having any idea what actually happened.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Next time break a kids arm...not a big deal if that happens. Tyreek is gonna cash in big too this year!

chris98251

Reaction score
NFL is about the shield, they said personal conduct policy, no charges no conviction yet 6 game suspension, others get 2 games or no suspension, Goodall throws the book at Seattle every chance he gets. I am waiting on Kendricks to come back and some other trumped up suspension to happen as well.

More the two years ago and they throw this at him, it's BS really.

To bad the players can't file a lawsuit for defamation and damages.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Takes over 2 yrs to suspend him?
No arrest?No charges?I'm just confused why is he getting
6 games but that Hill guy gets nothing?
Rog sure hates the Hawks.

endzorn

Reaction score
I have no idea what happened and if they cut Reed’s ass because they knew he smacked some chick then so be it...but It has to be said that anyone with a grudge/motive can screw an NFL player over simply by calling the police and claiming domestic violence. Remember when it happened to Lynch? It bothers me that Goodell deals out arbitrary punishment for accusations.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":vka3yc8b said:
NFL is about the shield, they said personal conduct policy, no charges no conviction yet 6 game suspension, others get 2 games or no suspension, Goodall throws the book at Seattle every chance he gets. I am waiting on Kendricks to come back and some other trumped up suspension to happen as well.

More the two years ago and they throw this at him, it's BS really.

To bad the players can't file a lawsuit for defamation and damages.

This is the thing for me.

The NFL can do whatever they want, but they're never going to achieve their goals of protecting the shield and being the beacon of fairness with the players or public if there's ZERO transparency as to how and why they come to these decisions to suspend certain players and not others.

Because from the outside it just all looks arbitrary and capricious with no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6689dvrf said:
Seymour":6689dvrf said:
Sgt. Largent":6689dvrf said:

Where did you hear we have a zero DV policy? We drafted a player that cut a plea deal for domestic violence.

John and Pete IMO are very honest and fluid with how they handle all off field incidents.........in both drafting and evaluating current players. Guarantee you over the past two years they've already done their own vetting out with what Reed did, and have come to the conclusion that it's not going to affect how they move forward with him.

Remember, this happened two years ago. If John and Pete had a problem with Reed, they wouldn't have been talking about extending him, and all the other glowing things Pete's had to say about Reed's growth as emerging as one of our best players and leaders.

From John Schnieder after the Ray Rice incident. It's on record, both him and Pete say zero tolerance for physical abuse to women.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":5bqsrl36 said:
Sgt. Largent":5bqsrl36 said:
Seymour":5bqsrl36 said:
Sgt. Largent":5bqsrl36 said:

From John Schnieder after the Ray Rice incident. It's on record, both him and Pete say zero tolerance for physical abuse to women.

Then why'd we draft Frank Clark.

We're no better than any other team when it comes to these things. We say what people want to hear, but when the talent is there, we make exceptions, like in Clark's case.

When it's expendable idiots like Boykin? Yeah, that's when you hear crap like "we've got a zero tolerance for domestic violence."

Don't believe it. IMO Pete and John love Reed, and while it may make his extension more complicated, he won't be cut, and you can expect the extension talks to continue.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h2fpviud said:
Seymour":h2fpviud said:
Sgt. Largent":h2fpviud said:
Seymour":h2fpviud said:

Then why'd we draft Frank Clark.

We're no better than any other team when it comes to these things. We say what people want to hear, but when the talent is there, we make exceptions, like in Clark's case.

When it's expendable idiots like Boykin? Yeah, that's when you hear crap like "we've got a zero tolerance for domestic violence."

Don't believe it. IMO Pete and John love Reed, and while it may make his extension more complicated, he won't be cut, and you can expect the extension talks to continue.

Because according to Pete, they believed he was innocent after doing the research on his case.

Ya....research that left out key witnesses that is. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well this is the reply to the NFL and all of us from Reed.

While apologizing for putting himself in a position for the NFL to punish him, Seahawks defensive tackle Jarran Reed made it clear he “totally” disagrees with the six-game suspension.
“I apologize to those close to me including my family, the entire Seattle Seahawks organization and fans of the team for putting myself in a position where I could be disciplined by the NFL,” Reed wrote on social media. “While I totally disagree with the decision of the NFL, I still must accept it and take responsibility for the situation. I have learned from this and will do everything I can to make my friends, family, teammates, fans and the Seahawks proud of me moving forward.”
The NFL suspended Reed six games for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.
In April of 2017, a woman told police Reed assaulted her. Police did not arrest or charge Reed.
Reed, a second-round draft choice in 2016, started all 16 games last season and produced 10.5 sacks. He is heading into the final year of his rookie contract.

I support him I think it is BS if he was never arrested and or charged, typically they do both immediately in a guilty situation he had neither.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Goodell hates the Hawks...
They weren't suppose to beat Payton in the Superbowl...
And, they sure as hell weren't suppose to go back to back and almost beat the Pat's!
But, he hates the Pat's even more!
He didn't suspend Hill because KC has the new 'It' kid at QB, and they have a chance to end the Pat's Superbowl run.
Ol' Rog took a lot of heat not suspending Hill...
So, he dug this out of the files and slammed Seattle and Reed to save face!
The fact that an appeal has already been denied speaks volumes!
This type of injustice would never happen in an honest court of law.
This isn't the first time Goodell's done something completely unfair...
And it certainly won't be the last because he keeps getting away with it!
This is a huge blow to the Hawks, but it's a bigger blow to the NFL, which is in decline.

Latest posts