Really disappointed at the crowd

Heyseed

Reaction score
It was so LOUD, incredible energy from the South Endzone
I was surprised how quiet the crowd was walking back to our cars after the game.
It was like we were all emotionally spent, processing what the hell just happened

My ears are still ringing

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
My voice says otherwise whether it was loud or not. We sat in 131 and it seemed really loud today. 3rs qtr got quiet, but ramped up in 4th

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Seanhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":h9ro895s said:
Probably because CMike told us to chill and be quiet.

Personally, i couldnt care less about crowd noise or if people were yelling or not. To each their own.

Seriously, what the hell was that about? I'd like to see him and Earl in a "weird off".

hawksmode

Reaction score
I was thinking this as well....but noticed the crowd does get into when the ball is closer to their end...

But I do think it is all about corporations giving tickets to their clients that go just to be at the game.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":zcxrszfs said:
Jerhawk":zcxrszfs said:
I was up in section 311. The whole section was basically yelling and standing up on defense. I have no voice now, it was awesome.

However, I was dissapointed that after Atlanta took the lead toward the end of the third, people started heading for the exits. Lots of people.

Just. Wow.

Well, after a score, it's quite common for people to make a rush to the bathrooms. Or get a beer before the end of 3rd qtr cutoff.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":1wmaohrc said:
Hawks46":1wmaohrc said:
Jerhawk":1wmaohrc said:
I was up in section 311. The whole section was basically yelling and standing up on defense. I have no voice now, it was awesome.

However, I was dissapointed that after Atlanta took the lead toward the end of the third, people started heading for the exits. Lots of people.

Just. Wow.

Well, after a score, it's quite common for people to make a rush to the bathrooms. Or get a beer before the end of 3rd qtr cutoff.

I was hoping that was the case, but they never came back. Guess they wanted to beat the traffic

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I was there, the crowd was fine, especially at the end of the game. It's normally not overwhelming where I sit and I was a little unnerved from the noise on the last couple falcon's drive.

We seem to get one of those posts after every game where someone was disappointed in the fans.

I was disappointed that our defense looked unprepared for halftime adjustments by the falcons.

blah blah 12th man. . . I get it, we are awesome fans with expectations. But these posts are silly. The fans are going to react to the action on the field and the team itself. It starts and ends there.

We had someone sitting in front of us that was a "12" but was openly antagonizing everyone around us to be 'louder'. Likely drunk, dropping F-bombs. I don't really mind myself but it was obvious he was making the people around him annoyed and wary. You don't belong at the game if you do this, sorry. It's one thing to look at your fans and try to get them pumped up, it's another issue entirely to be a huge ahole about it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Andy, I'm sorry you were disappointed. But as a season ticket holder in section 306 since 2003, I can tell you that was as raucous as it gets in CLink for a regular season game.

Even at our best, the number of fans that persistently produce noise is probably under 50%. Not everyone gets it or feels it is their duty as fans. They paid their money, they can do what they want, I guess.

I've learned long ago not to complain or diss these fans. You can only control what you can control. My wife and I make lots of noise to try to make up for the silent ones.

Bottom line: The lunch bucket hard working fans were yelling from the time Ryan entered the huddle to the start of every defensive play. We ramped it up even further in the 4th quarter. Ryan said in his post game interview it was loud and they were unprepared initially. Pete praised the volume. What more can you ask.

TBH, volume only needs to be loud enough so that the offense can't communicate plays easily and has to use a silent count. Everything else is just ear damage.

Of course, to the quiet fans: Football is the one game you can actually influence the outcome of a game in your team's favor. If you care at all about the outcome of the game, pitch in and don't leave it to "someone else". I know you believe it's your dime and you are there to be entertained, but isn't more entertaining when we win. And isn't more satisfying to know we won in part because of fan support? If nothing else, clap a bit and stomp your feet. It all adds up.

253hawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2sxiu3am said:
TBH, volume only needs to be loud enough so that the offense can't communicate plays easily and has to use a silent count. Everything else is just ear damage.

Yep, diminishing returns. Once you break their communication, every single decibel beyond that is just frosting for the viewers.

And even though it might not seem loud in your section, you're not as equidistant from the noise in all of the other sections like the players are. It's significantly louder for them.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
253hawk":2pkw8ab0 said:
Mad Dog":2pkw8ab0 said:

Yep, diminishing returns. Once you break their communication, every single decibel beyond that is just frosting for the viewers.

And even though it might not seem loud in your section, you're not as equidistant from the noise in all of the other sections like the players are. It's significantly louder for them.

Exactly. I've had people come into our section who are used to being higher up or underneath the 200's overhang, and they can't believe the difference in volume. The reflection of sound comes right past us on its way to the field. I can only imagine what the players hear.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seemed pretty loud until the Falcons punched is the mouth a few times uncontested.