Re-sign Carson, and if so how long and how much?

Would you re-sign Carson after this year and if so how much?

• Re-sign Carson

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Do not re-sign Carson

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Would you re-sign Carson after this year and if so how much?

Tough one for me as I like him a lot but his being hurt a ton the last two seasons has really cost quite a few W's. I say yes but like a 2 year $ 10 mil. deal with incentives.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes. 3 year $36 million. $20 million guaranteed, heavy incentive based.

That'll make him the 8th highest paid back per year.

I would be concerned if they re signed him for more than this simply due to his injury history. We all know the impact he makes when healthy.

https://overthecap.com/position/running-back/

massari

Reaction score
Franchise him for a season, then hope to have his replacement by 2022

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Performance based contract which has
games played bonus in it.
He misses a lot of games and has various
injuries.I love his game but it's hardly out
there lately anyway.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
What feature back in last decade wasn't out a lot?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

misfit

Reaction score
12 mill a year with his injury history?

Eww

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Give him a lot of money, but if he gets hurt again, he has to pay it all back. That's how I would write up his contract.

TypeSly

Reaction score
I love Chris Carson, and I think the Seahawks should sign him... but only if it's an incentive-laden contract. If it's a top-dollar guaranteed contract, forget it. I'm tired of this guy never being in the lineup.

TypeSly

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":36kr8yu9 said:
What feature back in last decade wasn't out a lot?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Marshawn?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I love Carson’s game and want him on the team.

That being said, how much money has the Seahawks paid to players that didn’t actually play? Or didn’t play much? Besides several members of the LoB getting paid for extra years (who were good players when healthy) we Have had backup third down RBs getting paid for years to do squat.

So, depends on the contract for me but if/when healthy I’m all in on Carson.

PNW

Reaction score
I love CC, he embodies the toughness we all want the Seahawks to have. If we pay him top 5 back money like he’s going to ask for, we’re gonna have to move on from someone. I just don’t know if CC is worth $12+ million a year with the injury history, this is a tough one for me, he definitely deserves to be paid, not sure if the Hawks will pay him the top 5 money though....

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think he has 3 good years ahead of him, he'll deserves $25- $30M for that..... but the 2021 cap will be interesting.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Maybe CJ Procise would be a better back for us next year. At least he stays on the field.

PNW

Reaction score
seabowl":zg9v35xx said:
Maybe CJ Procise would be a better back for us next year. At least he stays on the field.
Sarcasm????

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Man I love Carson, from his attitude to his brutal play style to just the way he carries himself. So it kills me to say it, but I think we cut bait here. For no other reason than I dont think we'll ever get 16 games from him. If we can pay him and roster him for each game he's eligible, the hell yes...pay him big bucks because he's worth every penny when healthy. I dont fault him for his first big injury (broken leg), as that was a flat out dirty alligator roll just like a few games ago. But if you're straining or spraining things in your FEET from just doing your job, I cant see how that's gonna work out. Like hiring a fighter pilot that has to wear double eye patches at random times. If he hurt his foot because some fatty stomped it, or it got caught and twisted, then ignore what I just said. Otherwise, find another pounder!!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
NFL Football is a brutal game. Some bodies can take the weekly beatings....some cannot. Mr. Carson has a great attitude and plays with ferocity. The fact that his body cannot endure week in and week out tells me that we should not resign him.

chris98251

Reaction score
We will have a lot of options, depending on his recovery, foot injuries can be problematic and never heal right, we will have to see.

But Collins, Hyde, Penny, all bodies that are bigger and able to inside run. Carson would be nice but the Locker isn't empty of options.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I love Carson, but I wouldn't re-sign him for anything above like 6.5-7 million per year.

He's a running back, and he's injury prone. Not a great place to dump valuable cap space into.