Rawls will start this Sunday

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
pacific101":1jcgs5ml said:
My appreciation for Christian Michael's contribution to the Seahawks is not that short-lived I think that Rawls deserves to be back playing the number one role because that's where he was prior to his injury and that was as much as guaranteed to him provided that he worked hard in rehab and got back in the shape he was before the injury. I think it would be foolish to depend totally on Rawls, Christian is still playing strong and using both these guys, with each being sent in to run the play calls they are best at will result in more 3rd down conversions and touch downs. Rawls needs to work harder this year than he did last year, trainers will tell you injuries are almost always a result of an athlete not being in peak condition. Russell could give that some thought as well in regards to his recent ankle sprain. The fact that he was able to walk it off says a bunch for his conditioning, but the fact it got injured at all is a red light in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suh, who's gigantic mind you, stepped on his foot and pressed it sideways in a freak accident as he was trying to sack Russell. Not sure what else he could do to prevent a very minor sprain from such a large man.

As for Rawls.........what could he have done? Take more calcium to try and prevent a broken bone? Neither of these guys conditioning is a question. I'm not sure where your idea for that comes from.

dogorama

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":3uotwpt7 said:
pacific101":3uotwpt7 said:
My appreciation for Christian Michael's contribution to the Seahawks is not that short-lived I think that Rawls deserves to be back playing the number one role because that's where he was prior to his injury and that was as much as guaranteed to him provided that he worked hard in rehab and got back in the shape he was before the injury. I think it would be foolish to depend totally on Rawls, Christian is still playing strong and using both these guys, with each being sent in to run the play calls they are best at will result in more 3rd down conversions and touch downs. Rawls needs to work harder this year than he did last year, trainers will tell you injuries are almost always a result of an athlete not being in peak condition. Russell could give that some thought as well in regards to his recent ankle sprain. The fact that he was able to walk it off says a bunch for his conditioning, but the fact it got injured at all is a red light in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suh, who's gigantic mind you, stepped on his foot and pressed it sideways in a freak accident as he was trying to sack Russell. Not sure what else he could do to prevent a very minor sprain from such a large man.

As for Rawls.........what could he have done? Take more calcium to try and prevent a broken bone? Neither of these guys conditioning is a question. I'm not sure where your idea for that comes from.

This.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm hoping against hope Rawls can pull a 150 yard game out of his ass. He seems to be magic behind a cable coached line even early in seasons when that line is still disjointed. Against the Rams my hope is probably pissing into the wind, but....

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Hawknight":24g45gup said:
Laloosh":24g45gup said:
^^ My guess is that they'll play us like Miami did. Play to stop the run, keep everything in front of them to limit explosive plays. Force Russell to march it down the field with dink & dunk passing.

I don't expect Rawls to have a ton of yards but I think we run the ball more to try and force those safeties / db's up closer to the LoS in the hope that we can get Doug or Tyler behind them once or twice in this game.

Hoping our defense scores some points in this one.

I personally hope Early Thomas makes a huge come back vs the Rams from last weeks performance vs Miami!!!

I personally guarantee Earl makes a GIANT comeback this game. It's just the way he's hardwired. That game probably has his lady sleeping in bed alone until after tomorrow's game.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. I agree with many of the posters here. I like the running back by committee approach. Very Bellicheckesque. Looking forward to seeing what Prosise can do to when he gets healthy. Big Will will help out all of them.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
capncrunch":1g5d0fjh said:
Yeah. I agree with many of the posters here. I like the running back by committee approach. Very Bellicheckesque. Looking forward to seeing what Prosise can do to when he gets healthy. Big Will will help out all of them.

When BB had the UW guy, his name escapes me, it wasn't by committee.
Seems to me, teams run by committee when their RB's are marginal at best and your hoping to find the back with the hot hand... and then you leave him in there.

I really believe the best RB's run in rhythm, you leave them in there and they are in focus to the game. Put them in, take them out and its really hard to maintain focus. It's like doing any task, you set your mind to the task and do it. You get interrupted and it takes a moment or so to get back into what your doing.

Nope, I don't like the committee approach at all.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Bobblehead":6habeu4k said:
capncrunch":6habeu4k said:

When BB had the UW guy, his name escapes me, it wasn't by committee.
Seems to me, teams run by committee when their RB's are marginal at best and your hoping to find the back with the hot hand... and then you leave him in there.

I really believe the best RB's run in rhythm, you leave them in there and they are in focus to the game. Put them in, take them out and its really hard to maintain focus. It's like doing any task, you set your mind to the task and do it. You get interrupted and it takes a moment or so to get back into what your doing.

Nope, I don't like the committee approach at all.
You're think of Corey Dillon, and I agree.

But like Marshawn he was rare. Saw it in-person even in Husky stadium.

Latest posts