Rawls to IR

JPatera76

Reaction score
This one for sure has me really bummed. Kid was lighting it up. Brought a spark that our team desperately needed

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
What's the history of a RB and coming back from his injury. Will it be like it never happened or does this injury usually hinder a step in his future? I understand every player is different, just curious if any names to this injury comes to mind.

JPatera76

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3eh8ckq9 said:
What's the history of a RB and coming back from his injury. Will it be like it never happened or does this injury usually hinder a step in his future? I understand every player is different, just curious if any names to this injury comes to mind.
Harris sucks and he was out last year rehabbing a .. *Drum roll* torn Patella Tendon

danp1990

Reaction score
Been more than a year hasn't it? Seems like he's about 40.[/quote]

Rotoworld says he's 33. but hey no wear and tear in 1 plus year. ill take that over what we have now or dumb Christine Michael! we just need him to carry the rock for 3 weeks basically and hope Marshawn is good to go for the playoff's.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
danp1990":n6fv2aoi said:
im not opposed to getting Willis Mcgahee, he would know the system as far as running just different verbage. he's had a year off

He's 34. No thanks.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
What an absolute punch to the gut for the team and for Rawls. He was on his way to probably 1000 yard rookie season and a playoff run.

Lynch hasn't played much this season so hopefully he will be able to play and have fresh legs but I am not holding my breath that he will be in top game shape at any point this season.

This is Russell's run.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
No doubt that Schneider has a very short list of 2-3 guys. He probably has a couple guys booking plane tickets tonight, to be in Seattle tomorrow for a tryout.

As said, the silver lining is that Beast is in the wings. The questions are however, when will he be back and what kind of shape he will be in.

Probably retain the #5 seed if we just win 2 of the next 3.

Rob12

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":mt3bh4zl said:

I'd guess he makes a full recovery... But ankles can be tough.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's a Break in the ankle, if he walked off then it's probably a smaller bone and they will need to screw things together and attach any torn ligaments etc, given time to heal and rehab and get screws taken out he should be ok, what I worry about is if they leave screws in if that hurts his cut ability. Takes a long time to get strength back in a joint once it's torn badly.

StoneCold

Reaction score
The other backs picked up 76 yards filling in. Are any of those guys mentioned better than the trio of Coleman, Harris and Jackson? Maybe we don't need to pick up anyone and just wait for Beast. How does the Browns and the Rams D stack up against the Ravens?

I wonder when we'll hear any news about when Lynch might be ready?

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2i8vlgu4 said:
ctrcat":2i8vlgu4 said:
Panther fan sending sincere condolences. My heart truly sank when I heard this news. I hate injuries. The Panthers may have lost Benwikere for the year today as well.
Heard Jonathan Stewart was out. Is he OK? Minor injury?

Apparently could have played if needed in the 2nd half so nothing major.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
StoneCold":35dnrbtm said:
The other backs picked up 76 yards filling in. Are any of those guys mentioned better than the trio of Coleman, Harris and Jackson? Maybe we don't need to pick up anyone and just wait for Beast. How does the Browns and the Rams D stack up against the Ravens?

Take Coleman's 19 yard carry away and Harris/Jackson had 25 carries for 57 yards. That's 2.2 yards per carry.

So yeah we need help.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Frickin sucks our running game just took a huge hit

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I think there's a question about how durable Rawls is, with that violent running style. His body might not be able to handle it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":18kx3eu9 said:
StoneCold":18kx3eu9 said:

Take Coleman's 19 yard carry away and Harris/Jackson had 25 carries for 57 yards. That's 2.2 yards per carry.

So yeah we need help.

Why are you dropping Coleman's run? We don't drop big Runs by Rawls when figuring his YPC.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3oqfvddt said:
I think there's a question about how durable Rawls is, with that violent running style. His body might not be able to handle it.

True. Either way, it was going to be important to add another RB in the off-season.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Rob12":1rur7rye said:
marko358":1rur7rye said:
Can't Jackson fill in against the hapless Browns and Rams?

Still need a No. 3 back. And really, we may just be down to Fred Jackson because Harris didn't help himself today. Rawls was gashing the Ravens and Harris looked terrible and fumbled inside the 20. Can't do that with PC as your coach.

This. Harris should only be here as a number three after today.

Need to find Fred jaxs backup

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3tynrzh9 said:
Lords of Scythia":3tynrzh9 said:

True. Either way, it was going to be important to add another RB in the off-season.

Well, I don't think that his running style had anything to do with today's injury. It was straight up terrible luck. Crappy luck.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah it was just bad luck. That tackle who got him.. Even If that was beast mode an ankle injury would be guaranteed. The way that DT fell on rawls and wrapped him up. His ankle was opposite of his body lol that would suck for any RB