Ramsey Trade

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
Did the performance today change anyone's mind on a trade for Ramsey?

I say keep the draft picks as the secondary clearly lacks playmakers.

Rat

Reaction score
No, but the Jaguars reportedly not being interesting in trading Ramsey swayed my opinion some.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Given what they're reportedly turned down, despite wanting Ramsey I can't say I'm in a rush to give up the farm for him but I wish we'd have gone harder after Minkah.

Rat

Reaction score
flmmkrz":qil8d6vh said:
Given what they're reportedly turned down, despite wanting Ramsey I can't say I'm in a rush to give up the farm for him but I wish we'd have gone harder after Minkah.

I like Minkah too, but we weren't going to beat the first round pick of an 0-3 team.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Defense needs playmakers. Don't have any right now. If Jalen buys in and JS trades for him, he absolutely can shut off half the field. Just depends if you think having Collier and Penny's equals Jalen cause it'll be 1st +.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Absolutely! Give them our 2 first round picks. Our 1st round picks turn out completely trash anyways. Ifidi is trash, any rb could be as productive as penny, the new first rounder could not dominate in college and we expect him to dominate in the nfl. Lol
I don't know why draft picks are regarded so valuable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If you were one shut down corner away, I’d do it, but the defense is full of holes
IMHO.

massari

Reaction score
Multiple high picks and a $16M+ APY extension isn't a good idea. They need to be getting deeper with cheap young talent and from what I'm reading there's going to be a lot of good CB's and pass rushers in the early rounds. Hopefully they finally take one early.

There's even a CB coming out of a familiar place in Stanford that could be a good fit if available.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1w7w485h said:
If you were one shut down corner away, I’d do it, but the defense is full of holes
IMHO.

Idk, pass rush needs to be better but on paper we should have one of the best LB corps in the league. Just got Clowney, Ansah is supposed to be a solid LEO. Pete's defense has been largely carried by excellent secondary play. Adding a guy like Ramsey would allow them to call plays where he is on an island and you can trust he will do his job. I just don't see that out of anyone on the roster right now. If the price is right I don't know how you don't take a gamble on a player like him, especially entering the post LOB years of the Seahawks.

RW92

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3sn2vz56 said:
IMHO.

Your right. We play with spirit and that I love. But without the game changers don't expect much this year. Keep
building for the future. We must continue to work on the pass rush. Need to get to the quarterback on key downs. And a break away wide receiver would be great as well. Keep the faith.

chris98251

Reaction score
We are back to letting the offense come to us and trying to stop it between the 30's, we need to start attacking again, that was the hallmark of our defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mistaowen":6qp9ebbo said:
Sports Hernia":6qp9ebbo said:
IMHO.

Idk, pass rush needs to be better but on paper we should have one of the best LB corps in the league. Just got Clowney, Ansah is supposed to be a solid LEO. Pete's defense has been largely carried by excellent secondary play. Adding a guy like Ramsey would allow them to call plays where he is on an island and you can trust he will do his job. I just don't see that out of anyone on the roster right now. If the price is right I don't know how you don't take a gamble on a player like him, especially entering the post LOB years of the Seahawks.
IMHO we have 3 glaring holes in the secondary. Those not named McD.
I think the D-line is a bit over rated, which forces our great LB’s to try to do too much.

knownone

Reaction score
Today's game didn't change my perception of a possible trade at all. If they don't have faith in the guys they have, and they can get Ramsey at a reasonable price then by all means do it.

This game wasn't lost by the defense. The circumstances of the game allowed the Saints to play the game they wanted on offense. We never forced Teddy into pressure situations, we essentially gave them 20 points, and that allowed Kamara to dominate the game with screens because Seattle had to play aggressively on defense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2md2o93q said:
IMHO.

A guy of Ramsey's ability would shut down half the field and immediately elevate the other guys. That's his level.

I'm not sold yet, and frankly I don't put this loss on the secondary anyway. But I'm thinking we might wait to see if the Jags finally lower their asking price a bit, then offer a lesser king's ransom.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2el1bj4o said:
mistaowen":2el1bj4o said:
Sports Hernia":2el1bj4o said:
IMHO.

IMHO we have 3 glaring holes in the secondary. Those not named McD.
I think the D-line is a bit over rated, which forces our great LB’s to try to do too much.

The DL needs Reed bad. Was too easy for Teddy to step up.

Also Griffin is playing pretty darn good, he had a nice breakup on Thomas. The corner who is having a slump is Tre.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":1nrnk1et said:
We are back to letting the offense come to us and trying to stop it between the 30's, we need to start attacking again, that was the hallmark of our defense.

Thats going to come, I think they just have a bunch of new players integrated into the D and they just need to get comfortable with the scheme and with playing with one another... it just takes a little bit of time...

LTH

Gio

Reaction score
Ramsey won't be the answer to our problem. He's more of a Man to Man CB , than a Zone CB.

I miss ETIII ! :(

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
knownone":3p5zz4ki said:
Today's game didn't change my perception of a possible trade at all. If they don't have faith in the guys they have, and they can get Ramsey at a reasonable price then by all means do it.

This game wasn't lost by the defense. The circumstances of the game allowed the Saints to play the game they wanted on offense. We never forced Teddy into pressure situations, we essentially gave them 20 points, and that allowed Kamara to dominate the game with screens because Seattle had to play aggressively on defense.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1175976256610820096[/tweet]

Lightone3232

Reaction score
The defense (aside from the poor tackling) did not play badly.
The Saints scored 14 points due to S\T and Carson's fumble, and had good field position the majority of the time.