Rams at Vikings, w/ Preview from CBS Sports

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rams playing dirty .....nobody here is surprised.

Awesome that they are being called out though in the media. 'Bout time. That hit was beyond ridiculous.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
drrew":1v55bai6 said:
SuperMan28":1v55bai6 said:
And yeah that was a late hit on Bridgewater, but that's always a risk when the QB runs. Not defending it, he got flagged and will likely get fined. Moving on.

Likely fined? Joyner should be suspended, and Fisher should be tossed from the league. His teams have historically taken cheap shots in both St Louis and Tennessee. If the league really wants to make a stand against life altering brain injuries, remove the guys that coach players to injure their opponents. Fisher's history makes it clear that's exactly what he does.

Here is the video for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://deadspin.com/teddy-bridgewater-l ... 1741322165

I don't make that call, of course. Like I said, it is a risk a QB takes when he scrambles. Joyner went over the top and clipped Teddy's helmet. It was a penalty, they got 15 yards. Teddy will be back soon. They should be happy the refs didn't call that obvious block in the back on the OT punt return. They don't score without that missed call. But hey, I'm not crying.

On to the Bears. Falcons lost so everybody can pick up a game on them next week.

I think the Rams had 7 starters out today, most notably TJ McDonald and Robert Quinn. Two Pro Bowl calibre players. So a win would have said a lot about the Rams. I like our chances if we get into the playoffs.

They were probably taking a precaution on Quinn to make sure he is ready for the division games coming up on three weeks. Rams will be ready for the Hawks and Cards just like in the first two meetings.

Half the season is done. Here's to a great second half, fellas.

chris98251

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2qqup2au said:
drrew":2qqup2au said:
SuperMan28":2qqup2au said:
And yeah that was a late hit on Bridgewater, but that's always a risk when the QB runs. Not defending it, he got flagged and will likely get fined. Moving on.

Likely fined? Joyner should be suspended, and Fisher should be tossed from the league. His teams have historically taken cheap shots in both St Louis and Tennessee. If the league really wants to make a stand against life altering brain injuries, remove the guys that coach players to injure their opponents. Fisher's history makes it clear that's exactly what he does.

Here is the video for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://deadspin.com/teddy-bridgewater-l ... 1741322165

I don't make that call, of course. Like I said, it is a risk a QB takes when he scrambles. Joyner went over the top and clipped Teddy's helmet. It was a penalty, they got 15 yards. Teddy will be back soon. They should be happy the refs didn't call that obvious block in the back on the OT punt return. They don't score without that missed call. But hey, I'm not crying.

On to the Bears. Falcons lost so everybody can pick up a game on them next week.

I think the Rams had 7 starters out today, most notably TJ McDonald and Robert Quinn. Two Pro Bowl calibre players. So a win would have said a lot about the Rams. I like our chances if we get into the playoffs.

They were probably taking a precaution on Quinn to make sure he is ready for the division games coming up on three weeks. Rams will be ready for the Hawks and Cards just like in the first two meetings.

Of course you don't make that call, you want the bounty to be paid out.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SuperMan28":ynndcoj2 said:
drrew":ynndcoj2 said:
SuperMan28":ynndcoj2 said:

"went over the top and clipped his helmet????"

LOL @ your interpretation of yet another dirty play by the Rams.

LOL @ "that's the risk a QB takes when he scrambles". Yes, any QB must understand that if they dare to leave the pocket, being knocked out is imminent.

Dirty Rams. Same old story, different week.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Did you guys see FNIA? Boy, I think the Rams just became the Raiders of old. Not sure how they're gonna respond to that, but I'm sure that's a great motivation moving forward.

Gonna get interesting watching Ram games. I can tell the Rams have your guys's full attention.

Let's hope for a healthy second half and hard, clean, football.

chris98251

Reaction score
SuperMan28":262lrskc said:
Did you guys see FNIA? Boy, I think the Rams just became the Raiders of old. Not sure how they're gonna respond to that, but I'm sure that's a great motivation moving forward.

Gonna get interesting watching Ram games. I can tell the Rams have your guys's full attention.

You always have, we know that you need your head on a swivel when we play you.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
How the hell does Greg Williams have a job in the NFL? Dirty piece of shi*.

chris98251

Reaction score
Greg Williams is just additional to Fisher, you have the most enfamous coach for dirty tactics and the most enfamous DC for playing dirty.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
chris98251":zr9y3lcb said:
SuperMan28":zr9y3lcb said:

Oh, so it's nothing new then. Then what's all the fuss about?

I don't even care about the hit. Vikings were going after Foles low and nobody mentioned it. But hey, I only care that we lost. We coulda had a very probable chance to go to the Playoffs had we won. Now we gotta scrape and claw our way in. Hawks are in the same boat.

Gonna be a stressful second half of the season in the NFCW. ARZ still has to beat the rest of the division. I think they play SEA twice. Gonna be tough.

If ARZ goes into a skid, Hawks or Rams could take this division.

chris98251

Reaction score
SuperMan28":30cjxl5n said:
chris98251":30cjxl5n said:
SuperMan28":30cjxl5n said:

I don't even care about the hit. Vikings were going after Foles low and nobody mentioned it. But hey, I only care that we lost. We coulda had a very probable chance to go to the Playoffs had we won. Now we gotta scrape and claw our way in. Hawks are in the same boat.

Gonna be a stressful second half of the season in the NFCW. ARZ still has to beat the rest of the division. I think they play SEA twice. Gonna be tough.

Karma is going to hurt, and as far as nothing new , you are correct, Fisher has always had his defense play dirty, take cheap shots, play after the whistle. Did it in Tennessee, doing it with the Rams. You say your like the Raiders, your not, the Raiders told you what they were going to do and did it. Sure the Stingley hit by Tatum was bad but it was one situation and unfortunate and Jack Tatum regretted it. The Raiders were physical and were a team that backed each other up and used intimidation, not cheap shots and illegal play.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
And for the record, that hit wasn't dirty at all. Joyner was going full speed with all his momentum when Teddy started his slide. Had it been dirt, he would led with his helmet. Like I said, he tried to go over the top. He nearly cleared Teddy. Joyner isn't that kind of player.

chris98251

Reaction score
Did he hit him in the head? Did they throw a flag?

Drops Mic !

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2hfb4j0c said:
chris98251":2hfb4j0c said:
SuperMan28":2hfb4j0c said:

Because while NFC west teams who play you twice a year have been well aware of Rams trash, this particular hit knocked a QB out cold, and was called out in a press conference by an opposing coach.

People may care more now that you are just mediocre instead of awful, but at the end of the day, dirty is still dirty.

By the way, your contention that the hit was not dirty is laughable. Go take a look at the stills available anywhere online. There are pictures of Teddy starting his slide well before Joyner leaves his feet. Add to that the elbow drop and you are straight up delusional to call it anything else.

Trash.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
chris98251":2mwpftl4 said:
SuperMan28":2mwpftl4 said:
chris98251":2mwpftl4 said:
SuperMan28":2mwpftl4 said:

Karma is going to hurt, and as far as nothing new , you are correct, Fisher has always had his defense play dirty, take cheap shots, play after the whistle. Did it in Tennessee, doing it with the Rams. You say your like the Raiders, your not, the Raiders told you what they were going to do and did it. Sure the Stingley hit by Tatum was bad but it was one situation and unfortunate and Jack Tatum regretted it. The Raiders were physical and were a team that backed each other up and used intimidation, not cheap shots and illegal play.

So we are worse than the Raiders? Lol... goodness.

We'll see you boys week 16. We'll just gonna have to let our teams settle this in your house. Best of health to you guys. I hope your whole team is 100% healthy for when the Rams come to town. Gonna have some big Playoff implications, I'm sure.

Until then, I'm ready for next week. Really ticked we lost to those crying Vikings. Ugh...

OrFan

Reaction score
The one good thing to remember is that Fisher is garbage. He has never amounted to anything, and he never will. He has averaged 3rd place in his division his entire career.

drrew

Reaction score
OrFan":1lcav6kj said:
The one good thing to remember is that Fisher is garbage. He has never amounted to anything, and he never will. He has averaged 3rd place in his division his entire career.

2 division titles in 20 years, so the the Rams should be a threat sometime around 2025.

SuperMan28

Reaction score
drrew":3flqs5jw said:
OrFan":3flqs5jw said:

2 division titles in 20 years, so the the Rams should be a threat sometime around 2025.

And they've won just as many Super Bowls as the Hawks in that time and currently rank ahead of them in the standings. Gotta keep it in perspective, friend. :)

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
chris98251":korsf3z1 said:
Greg Williams is just additional to Fisher, you have the most enfamous coach for dirty tactics and the most enfamous DC for playing dirty.

I agree both Fisher and Williams are very reputable NFL coaches. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
R

Rex

Reaction score
Largent80":2up1bzck said:
Hawks will kick the shit out of the rams @ Seattle. Book it.

No, the Rams will sweep the Seahawks for the season @ Seattle! :0190l: