Raiders have released Flynn

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Always seemed like a smug, self-important lil bish to me, personally. Eff him. I get the feeling he felt he should have been the automatic starter over RW AND Pryor and probably whined like a little brother that didn't get an extra Oreo after dinner.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
mikeak":ap4a0rp9 said:
$69 million in cap space for next year. Holy crap amazing that they have even one win this year. One has to ask if they shouldn't have done a few $1 this year $10million next year contracts...

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013 ... ce-in-2014

Yeah the Raiders situation is interesting. Al Davis back loaded a bunch of contracts, traded future draft picks (Curry, Carson Palmer, etc.) and I view them like the 2008/2009 Seahawks. Bad talent, old players, bad contracts, and very little young talent with all the draft picks the Raiders traded. I think Reggie McKenzie will do much like the 2010 Seahawks and roster churn. He's got a good pedigree and is a Green Bay guy so I think he'll identify under rated talent, re-sign anyone they have thats good, extend the better players and in a few years the Raiders will be in a good place. I know he feels suckered by the Matt Flynn deal but I think he was kicking the tires so to speak. Flynn was still a mystery. He couldn't beat out Aaron Rogers or Russell Wilson but those guys are top 5-10 QB's. If Reggie could have predicted the future I'm sure he would of not done the Flynn deal and waited to spend that money on Freeman but hindsight is 20/20 and he had no idea Freeman would be available.

I think the Raiders future is positive but it may take 2-3 years before the fans see it.

Latest posts