Raiders have released Flynn

HawkFan72

Reaction score
drdiags":1zq0t8p8 said:
volsunghawk":1zq0t8p8 said:
HawkFan72":1zq0t8p8 said:
Wow, he must have really made a bad impression there.

I don't think this affects our trade at all. As far as I know, it wasn't a conditional trade.

The 5th rounder in 2014 we got from the trade remains ours.

The conditional pick in the 2015 draft may not be ours anymore.

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter 49m
Flynn trade: Seattle receives Oak's 5th-round pick in 2014. The 2015 conditional pick (also 5th rd) is voided b/c Flynn not on '15 roster.

That sucks. But at least we get one 5th rounder for basically nothing.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 2h
Matt Flynn gets $6.5M for five weeks in Oakland. Fifth-round pick will cost Seattle $2.4M for four years.
Retweeted by Brian McIntyre

csjwilkinson

Reaction score
Guys, I looked at the news about Matt Flynn and decided to have a little fun with the numbers. He was your player, so really the news of his being cut should be in your other forum. After all, the money is still being paid.

This is just meant to be a humorous look at the two years that he's been on the bench since leaving Green Bay.
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1288448-ma ... he-numbers

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This really says a lot. His entire salary is guaranteed this year. From what I can tell, there’s no economic benefit to releasing him now. They apparently just don’t want him around the team.

I think back to all the hand-wringing that happened at this forum when we traded our “quality back-up” during a championship year. Now T-Jack is putting up perfect passer ratings every time he touches the ball, and we’ve got a fifth round pick to spare. And now Flynn is a guy who the RAIDERS ORGANIZATION doesn’t even want in the building. Amazing.

mikeak

Reaction score
How much is Oakland spending in dead money this year? Pretty "funny"

They will have a cap hit next year as well for his guaranteed money. We got a 5th rounder and some cap off the books so will live with it

And some were surprised we didn't get a first round pick or how SF duped KC and we sucked at gettin a trade. When SF traded a QB that is 5-0 and we traded a QB that is cut. Yes more to it than that but at the end that is the result right now

drdiags

Reaction score
csjwilkinson":83xrik6a said:
Guys, I looked at the news about Matt Flynn and decided to have a little fun with the numbers. He was your player, so really the news of his being cut should be in your other forum. After all, the money is still being paid.

This is just meant to be a humorous look at the two years that he's been on the bench since leaving Green Bay.
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1288448-ma ... he-numbers

Can you explain your numbers in your article on your site? In the two seasons since Flynn has left Green Bay, Flynn has only started 1 regular season game (for Oakland). Not sure where you get the 3 games in your math. Seems like you are counting the Green Bay starts but your article claims to only be counting the past 2 seasons.

Sturm

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1grdzzgu said:
"All together, Seahawks and Raiders paid QB Matt Flynn a combined $14.5 million the past two seasons for one start."

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Never feel sorry for a man who's a millionaire.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":233pvkzv said:
This really says a lot. His entire salary is guaranteed this year. From what I can tell, there’s no economic benefit to releasing him now. They apparently just don’t want him around the team.

I agree. He must really have an attitude. Remember when we let go a highly paid WR? I suspect this the addition by subtraction thing we did

chawx

Reaction score
So, what...it's been 6 hours since this happened? How have Gus Bradley and the Jags not picked him up yet?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":wv4n8jvj said:
I still think he's an elite QB in this league. Tough break though for sure

Elite? Serviceable, maybe.

Jville

Reaction score
Matt Flynn dead cap charges for 2013

Seattle ...... $4 million.
Oakland .... $3.875 million.

Oakland's total dead cap charges for 2013 have now grown to $54,556,494. I wonder if that is a NFL record.

Matt Flynn reunion with Green Bay Packers is unlikely
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258719/article/matt-flynn-reunion-with-green-bay-packers-is-unlikely[/urltargetblank]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2m73oi0g said:
I still think he's an elite QB in this league. Tough break though for sure
You have to say that. You talked a ton of 480/6 isht about Flynn.

How the heck do you define elite?

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":1jtjf8us said:
Matt Flynn dead cap charges for 2013

Seattle ...... $4 million.
Oakland .... $3.875 million.

Oakland's total dead cap charges for 2013 have now grown to $54,556,494. I wonder if that is a NFL record.

Matt Flynn reunion with Green Bay Packers is unlikely
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000258719/article/matt-flynn-reunion-with-green-bay-packers-is-unlikely[/urltargetblank]

That is one amazing number. Thanks for posting - wow

Latest posts