R.I.P. Super Bowl XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Anyone else finally at piece with what happened that night in Detroit with the refs? Feels like a load was taken off of our shoulder because we finally got our first Lombardi!

Although, imagine if we had two right now ;)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Our win doesn't make XL right all the sudden..What are you smoking?

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":24qwinn2 said:

Im not saying what happened in XL is right all of a sudden. Just saying that it is not as big as of a issue to me as it once was thanks to us winning yesterday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":lcgf45cl said:
IndyHawk":lcgf45cl said:

Im not saying what happened in XL is right all of a sudden. Just saying that it is not as big as of a issue to me as it once was thanks to us winning yesterday.

Entirely two separate entities and some of us are grateful to the 05 team and understand yesterday's win did not get Walt, Hass, etc the Lombardi. Do you think those guys are now suddenly fine with the atrocities that took place in Detroit?

This is like saying...

Now that I have a new stepmom, I no longer care mom was murdered 8 years ago.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Naw, I'm with the OP.

Way I see it now is that the universe has righted that particular wrong by bestowing upon us the great Pete Carroll, John Schneider and this incredible team. A team that has already brought us one championship, and is in a fantastic position to win multiple more championships. We won a championship in the most convincing manner possible, against the biggest legend possible, on the biggest stage possible, in the most highly watched Super Bowl of all time. The karmic scales are in complete balance now. I'm at peace with XL. To continue to bitch about it just seems petty in light of recent events.

Time to let it go...

Largent80

Reaction score
CANHawk":gc5h2svl said:
Naw, I'm with the OP.

Way I see it now is that the universe has righted that particular wrong by bestowing upon us the great Pete Carroll, John Schneider and this incredible team. A team that has already brought us one championship, and is in a fantastic position to win multiple more championships. We won a championship in the most convincing manner possible, against the biggest legend possible, on the biggest stage possible, in the most highly watched Super Bowl of all time. The karmic scales are in complete balance now. I'm at peace with XL. To continue to bitch about it just seems petty in light of recent events.

Time to let it go...

There is.....No better way to say what this incredible gentleman just said.

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":9cjnej6w said:
VancitySeahawk":9cjnej6w said:
IndyHawk":9cjnej6w said:

Entirely two separate entities and some of us are grateful to the 05 team and understand yesterday's win did not get Walt, Hass, etc the Lombardi. Do you think those guys are now suddenly fine with the atrocities that took place in Detroit?

This is like saying...

Now that I have a new stepmom, I no longer care mom was murdered 8 years ago.

It isnt healthy to hold long grudges. Get over it brother. :thirishdrinkers:

samwize77

Reaction score
If I were able to go back in time and right that wrong at the risk of not having what we now have, and the way we got it?....hell no!

thebanjodude

Reaction score
This is stupid. When Seattle eventually gets the Sonics back, it's not going to be like, oh, we have the Sonics back, so we shouldn't think of Stern/Bennett/Schultz as villains anymore! No, them and that whole OKC franchise and fanbase will NEVER be good in my book.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CANHawk":1h9rc65l said:
Naw, I'm with the OP.

Time to let it go...

Tell that to the 12s, like my grandfather and my bro (Hawk VP) Scott Patrick, that worked hard for this franchise then died following XL, never seeing this team, they helped build, win a SB. Your selfishness seems rather "petty" to me. Time to get your head out.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see what the OP is saying.

Even if they are separate deals, we don't have to keep fishing in our bitter past... we can just focus on the future of the team.

The 2013 Seattle Seahawks made a HUGE statement, yesterday, and I think that is..." Keep Bringing Your A game NFL because our Championship Reign is only just begun".

We'll always love that 2005 team, how can you not, its just time to move on, Pete Carroll did in 2013.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It's not a time to 'let it go' necessarily but this win will forever soften the blow.

We have now done it. Before yesterday, we were still winless in the big game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I would love to be like some of you and just forget XL but my mind doesn't forget anything..I'm enjoying last night ..I feel great but somewhere along the way XL will come up and my thoughts of that will be the same
as always..Can't put those words on here ..

JimZornsCorn

Reaction score
samwize77":2j44wyi7 said:
If I were able to go back in time and right that wrong at the risk of not having what we now have, and the way we got it?....hell no!

Which wrongs need to be righted?

Stopping Ben Roethlisberger from completing that 3rd and 28 pass?
Stopping Willie Parker's longest run in Super Bowl history?
Stopping Randle El from completing that long pass to Ward in the EZ?
Stopping Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselbeck from being clock management disasters?
Helping Josh Brown hit the two FG's he missed?
Stopping Matt Hasselbeck from hitting Ike Taylor right in his hands?
Helping Shaun Alexander (the NFL's leading rusher that year, mind you) to actually run for some yardage?
Helping Jerramy Stevens to catch those four balls he dropped?

How many freakin' threads are we gonna have whining about XL? Can we please just enjoy the greatest victory in our team's history? Can we not continue to whine about a game that the Hawks didn't play good enough to win anyway? The 12's I know and love are far better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts