Question regarding Sherman.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering is Sherman style simular to that of retired CB Ty Law? (physical, tight coverage and reads QB's well)

I ask because if you look through time Ty Law was Peyton Mannings Kryptonite, he NEVER EVER bet BB and the Pats till he left NE. 9and Law I THINK has more INT against him than any other corner as well.. I THINK.)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Could be somewhat similar, although Sherman used to be a WR, so he has an understanding of routes and formations that not a lot of CBs really get.

So, he could be "smarter" in that role. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Law 5'10" or so ? Sherm is 6'3" so his length and closing speed allow him to sometimes bait a QB into thinking a WR is open. Of course, Sherm knows what routes to do this on (he likes the fade route, also outs) to keep the ball in the air longer. It's one of the reasons that Sherman has so many INT's.

Manning is a smart QB. He won't have time to decipher whether he's being baited or if a guy is open. He just might ignore Sherman's guy altogether.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't really see the comparison. Law's 5'10" and 180 lbs soaking wet, Sherman's 6'3" and 200 lbs.

I found this article about Manning having drinks with Law after the season asking him about why he as so good going up against him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99829 ... -tom-brady

My guess is this has more to do with Law just being a good CB in a GREAT Belichick scheme against Manning, i.e. don't get caught up in trying to out think Manning, just win your battles.

Latest posts