Question about Temple Billiards?

Saltywohawk

Reaction score
I don't post much so Mods please feel free to move if this is not appropriate for the main forum.

My wife and I are flying up to Seattle for the weekend (unexpected trip). Can't really afford tickets to the game on such short notice, but I've heard you all talk so much about Temple Billiards, I think we might spend Sunday hanging out and watching the game at Temple.

So is Temple still the best place to be (besides the CLINK, obviously) during a Seahawks game?

Thank you and GO HAWKS!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Temple Billiards is the official unofficial pregame hangout of .NET malcontents. Most usually head for the stadium just before kickoff, so I don't know what kind of crowd is there for the actual game itself, or the quality of the viewing experience once the game starts, but some other regulars can probably chime in and answer that part for you.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Temple is the official unofficial .net meet up place.
Before and after the games.

It's a nice place with great BloodyMarys and decent food.

It's not necessarily the best place to watch a game.
I always go to temple when I'm in town but when I'm in town it's to go to a game.
Temple has a few TVs and great staff but it's not really set up for viewing the game, like a typical sports bar would be.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
check out spitfire in belltown for the game.
great hawk bar with lots of screens.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I gotta admit, back when I was just a non-member lurker and I saw posts about going to Temple, I thought that I had stumbled upon a mormon seahawks message board.

Largent80

Reaction score
It is a pre funk bar. I don't think anyone has sat there for a game. We always met up there and threw down pitchers of beers and Aros would always bring in his special "water".

Unless it has changed since 2008 when I moved, the tv's aren't all that great.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not know Aros had an artesian well..... :twisted: :mrgreen:

jkitsune

Reaction score
canhawkfan":1azwt6q2 said:
check out spitfire in belltown for the game.
great hawk bar with lots of screens.

Spitfire is FANTASTIC. Tons of TVs, great food. Highly recommend.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Definitely check it out pre-game. You'll be sure to meet a bunch of goofballs from .Net. Lately everyone hangs in the basement. As you enter the basement, just yell at the top of your lungs "SEAHAWKS DOT NET!" and someone will find ya. ;)

As for watching the game, it's ok. The tv downstairs beats what they used to have upstairs. But honestly, there are better options within walking distance. Others may have some recommendations. But I like Henry's Tavern. It's directly across the street south of Safeco Field. They have over 100 beers on tap and a lot of big tv's. But you will probably have to get there in advance to get a good seat.

Go Hawks!

Largent80

Reaction score
SeaTown81":299vix2r said:
Definitely check it out pre-game. You'll be sure to meet a bunch of goofballs from .Net. Lately everyone hangs in the basement. As you enter the basement, just yell at the top of your lungs "SEAHAWKS DOT NET!" and someone will find ya. ;)

As for watching the game, it's ok. The tv downstairs beats what they used to have upstairs. But honestly, there are better options within walking distance. Others may have some recommendations. But I like Henry's Tavern. It's directly across the street south of Safeco Field. They have over 100 beers on tap and a lot of big tv's. But you will probably have to get there in advance to get a good seat.

Go Hawks!

Man, how the hell are you doing?...great to see you around here.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm nostalgic for Belltown Pub, because I watched the 2010 Wild Card game there. Spitfire will be a much better venue for the purpose of watching the game. They have a nice back room that they'll open up with a large projector screen. I've seen a handful of UFC fights back there.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Wherever you go, go there EARLY. Every bar in Seattle will be FULL by 10 am at the latest. Not joking. I can vouch for Spitfire as well but everyone in that neighborhood will have the same idea.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Temple, like noted, is the official unofficial .NET prefunk bar and has been, off and on, for many years. Many a character from these walls have been through that place at one point or another, and even the Seahawks VP Mike Flood and the infamous Amber Lancaster, former SeaGal, have been there for .NET parties thrown in year's past.

Like pmedic said, good Bloody Mary's, good food, good staff. It's not butt to nut like many bars are in the area and that was always one of the reasons I chose the place. However, that will change for the NFCCG.

Downstairs is even less crowded but the word is getting out, so Ed the Bartender is getting overwhelmed on gamedays so which line you choose to stand in an hour before kickoff is a crapshoot.

They have a flat screen downstairs now which is a nice add. So primarily for food and drinks and prefunking before the game, Temple continues to be a tradition for many a .NET reprobate. However, it's not what I would consider a premium spot for watching the game, it's just not set up for that.

Stop in and say hello! We'll be downstairs makin' noise!

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Thanks for all this great info guys. Another option I was personally thinking about was Safeco. I know they have it open before the game. Does anyone know if they keep it open for the game?

RockHawk

Reaction score
I'll be there tomorrow passing out SuperBowl 48 bracelets, courtesy of pmedic920, so I'd love to meet anyone else that might stumble in!

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend Hawks Nest Bar And Grill right near the stadium on 1st Ave? I have never been in there but seems like a good place to go and I think they had a SB party there last year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will be there around 9:45-ish...Other NET folk stream in usually a couple hours before kickoff.

Latest posts