Quandre Diggs

QWERTY

Reaction score
Is this the last time we are going to see him?

He knows that he is one of the best in his position, and said that he feels he needs to be compensated.

I believe that tagging him would be $13mill per year, and Adams is making 17.5mill a year.

sutz

Reaction score
I've already stated my opinion that Quandre is a must keep kind of guy.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
sutz":2om85m48 said:
I've already stated my opinion that Quandre is a must keep kind of guy.

at what cost? 15mill per year?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I appreciate all Quandre Diggs does but no way is he a $15M a year player. If that is what he wants, let him find it elsewhere. Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were better players and they never came close earning that per year.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1bswrhlo said:
I appreciate all Quandre Diggs does but no way is he a $15M a year player. If that is what he wants, let him find it elsewhere. Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were better players and they never came close earning that per year.

Yeah and 45 million a year wasn't paid to QB's till last year, there will be groundbreaking contracts every year going forward till there is control.

Earl was the highest paid for a while, Wilson the highest paid for a while.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
at what cost? 15mill per year?

We can't do this. Love Diggs but we just can't pay a 29 year old safety that much money. They don't usually age well. We need to pour money into the lines. I think we all know this. You'll have to sacrifice at other spots. I advocate for a Center or an Edge. These positions actually age very well for some reason. Centers seemed to be able to play forever and pass rushers can play well into their mid 30s.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1iyri4a7 said:

However, homes on the East Side at that time were not averaging $1.3 million either!

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let’s see

Harrison smith-16
Justin Simmons 15
Buddha B-15
Eddie Jackson 14
Kevin Byard -14
Collins -14

There’s also 5 players on the list underpaid and it’s kinda funny people think that 15 is too much for Diggs

massari

Reaction score
Unless a desperate franchise overpays for him:

OverTheCap projects he'll get $10M APY

PFF projects $8M APY

AgentDib

Reaction score
It largely depends on what kind of guarantees he's looking for coming off the injury because the contract would be heavily backloaded. If it's an 11m APY deal with cap hits of 3/12/18 and then 12 of the 18 is non-guaranteed that's affordable. Otherwise we just can't afford it even though he's worth it. Unless trading Jamal Adams for an expensive pass rusher is on the table somehow.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I dont think they'll pay him because of the Adams contract which sucks because Diggs is by far the better player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Diggs has franchise tag written all over him.

It's make him well compensated for 2022 and give the organization time to evaluate his health coming off a major injury.

If he's healthy and still playing at a high level midway through next season? That's when you can work on an extension.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Normally I don't like seeing the franchise tag used, but it looks to me like Sgt Largent has this instance pegged pretty well. Diggs isn't just one of best safeties in the game. He's a lot more than that in terms of team value.
Adams is a great player but I don't think safety is the right spot for him, and I'm not seeing the TEAM thing emanating from him like it so obviously does from Diggs. In terms of $ value, we have enjoyed a good stretch of highest caliber play from Diggs at relatively low cost. Adams cost has been an atrocious burden and he hasn't even been available for a significant amount of game time. I'm looking at what we might have gained by the draft picks we gave up and it doesn't slant in Adams favor IMO. Adams has a lot of unique talent and maybe he can get that value discrepancy turned around...I sure hope so. Thing is with Adams it is a question mark, while with Diggs there is no question.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2gai7p56 said:
Normally I don't like seeing the franchise tag used, but it looks to me like Sgt Largent has this instance pegged pretty well. Diggs isn't just one of best safeties in the game. He's a lot more than that in terms of team value.
Adams is a great player but I don't think safety is the right spot for him, and I'm not seeing the TEAM thing emanating from him like it so obviously does from Diggs. In terms of $ value, we have enjoyed a good stretch of highest caliber play from Diggs at relatively low cost. Adams cost has been an atrocious burden and he hasn't even been available for a significant amount of game time. I'm looking at what we might have gained by the draft picks we gave up and it doesn't slant in Adams favor IMO. Adams has a lot of unique talent and maybe he can get that value discrepancy turned around...I sure hope so. Thing is with Adams it is a question mark, while with Diggs there is no question.

Fortunately for the Hawks, the safety franchise tag is one of the lowest of all the position groups, I think around 10-11M. Which still gives Diggs a 4M raise over what he made in 2021.

So I think the tag works well for both parties. But again, only because the safety tag is very reasonable.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Diggs is arguably our best player on defense.

If we trade Wilson, probably the best player on the team.

Not sure what is left to watch if we literally trade or refuse to resign all the stars.

We can do like we did with Britt, not resign him to save some cap, then have a hole at the position that we struggle to fill (after years of trying to fix it before), and then waste the cap space on crap and JAGs.

Let's hope not.

Pay him, tag him, or become the NFL version of the Seattle Mariners.

themunn

Reaction score
Diggs is a great player but not All Pro and not sure he's even top 5 so you can't pay him that level.

If franchise tag for 2022 is 11m then I thi K you can probably get away with 3 years 37.5m - double his current contract, better than being franchised for a year (and potentially having a down year coming off injury) and still putting him around the top 10 paid in the league.

It could be challenging negotiating with the fact that Adams has such a bumper contract yet Diggs has arguably been the better performer, but he is younger with higher pedigree and more individual awards so to an extent I think.

iigakusei

Reaction score
It would be a massive mistake signing him to a big extension - so I am fully anticipating that is what they will do.
Having $30 plus million in safeties is a bad idea when your DL is one of the worst in the league.
They would just be compounding the Jamal Adams mistake.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
themunn":3lpfd9ny said:
Diggs is a great player but not All Pro and not sure he's even top 5 so you can't pay him that level.

If franchise tag for 2022 is 11m then I thi K you can probably get away with 3 years 37.5m - double his current contract, better than being franchised for a year (and potentially having a down year coming off injury) and still putting him around the top 10 paid in the league.

It could be challenging negotiating with the fact that Adams has such a bumper contract yet Diggs has arguably been the better performer, but he is younger with higher pedigree and more individual awards so to an extent I think.

Diggs' VALUE to the Seahawks absolutely IS "Top 5" / "All Pro" & so IF they reach an impasse in contract negotiations,
then I agree with what Sarg suggested, just use the Franchise Tag on him. :vodka:

ivotuk

Reaction score
If we pay him $13 Million per year, for 4 years, we're getting a steal. He's better than a lot of the highest paid Safeties.

IMHO, Diggs is THE most important DB on the team as he protects from the deep ball. We've seen that with his Interceptions, year after year. He's not an All Pro because he played for the Lions, and then in South Alaska. He'll get the recognition in next year's vote.

And, just as important, he's a Go-Getter that pushes his team mates to be better. He raises the levels of everyone around him.

I think it was Ryan Neal that said "Quandre has said some pretty mean things to me, but it was out of Love, and it worked, He helped my improve my play." This is what people mean when they say "He's like a coach on the field!" A coach must know which buttons to push to get the most out of his players.

If you watch any of the NFLN shows on Bill Parcells, he was a master at button pushing. Even Bill Belicheck who was Parcell's Defensive Coordinator, said so. Bill P. would push Bill B's buttons to get the most out of him. And look at how well that's worked.

I would pay Quandre $15 Million, and would seriously consider $16 million if I could manipulate the cap a little. Remember, what the pundits announce when a contract is signed, is not really what they end up with. You always look at the "Guarantees" and the "Voidable Year."

As it stands, Wagner is a potential cap casualty; he has a cap hit of over $20 million in the final year of his current contract and the Seahawks could save $16.6 million in cap space by releasing him, according to Spotrac.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/seahawk ... 17328.html

SPOTRAC:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-sea ... gner-9857/

So like Neon Deion is so fond of saying "Pay Da Man!"

Latest posts