Purdy has a torn UCL. Niners estimating six months.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

No word on Tommy John yet
Some info on the “Tommy John” procedure. Full recovery can take up to 2 years for some baseball pitchers

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The dream of him taking over as a starter is done. Damn sad for the kid, but at least he has a chance to take over somewhere if he can fully recover.

I hate that I love this news in relation to the 49ers, cuz as a rival I don't want anything going right for them, but damn, I really feel bad for the kid. Sometimes life throws ya rotten lemons.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Some info on the “Tommy John” procedure. Full recovery can take up to 2 years for some baseball pitchers

It’s not known yet whether Purdy has to have as drastic as Tommy John. Nick Mullens ended his sf tenure and Had a less drastic procedure involving saving and reattaching the ligament.

These are the only two nfl qbs to have gone through some kind of surgery in 15 years. Frankly, ks qbs get hurt a lot whatever their physicality.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Ouch. They might have to draft one again for the 3rd year in a row lol

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ouch. They might have to draft one again for the 3rd year in a row lol

The rumors are flying that they’ll acquire Tom Brady as Brady “doesn’t get hurt.” All Kyles Qb have gotten hurt since Kyle released Brian Hoyer for Beathard five years ago this October.