Protecting Tyler Locket and playcalling

LymonHawk

Reaction score
The throw where Lockett got hit last game was a weak throw. The QB is supposed to LEAD the receiver, not throw short were the receiver has to wait for the ball and battle the safety and corner.

Considering Lockett's size, I doubt RW or Bevell intentionally throw him a jump ball. That's something you do with a guy like Graham. Why people think any different is silly.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LymonHawk":uidd91k9 said:
The throw where Lockett got hit last game was a weak throw. The QB is supposed to LEAD the receiver, not throw short were the receiver has to wait for the ball and battle the safety and corner.

Considering Lockett's size, I doubt RW or Bevell intentionally throw him a jump ball. That's something you do with a guy like Graham. Why people think any different is silly.

Not very often, but what do you do when Kearse isn't getting open. They DID tell RW to 'chuck it and see what happens' to Lockett, and Janoris Jenkins ripped the ball from him on that pick! I guess winning that type of contest is one area where Lockett isn't as good as Tate. I miss the way Tate matched up with (read clowned) Jenkins. There might not be anyone in the league with surer hands.