Props to Kearse

12thMan1

Reaction score
Although it didn't count, I just wanted to show some recognition/appreciation for that TD catch that he had. I honestly thought the PI call was questionable. It looked like Kearse was spacing more than he was pushing off.

drdiags

Reaction score
I usually don't complain about officiating, but to call that one and turn around and not call the DB on the next play for pulling on Tate's jersey was pretty lame. Let em play on both or call PI on both. Not call the ticky-tack and then let the next one slide. Oh well, everybody has a job to do.

Would have liked to hear from Kearse if he pulled up on that ill-advised throw across the middle that turned into an interception (looking like it killed any chance for a win)? It seemed to be out in front of him a ways but the DB kept running and got it. Just wondering, no blame since the QB probably should have turfed that one. Hindsight being 20/20.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
drdiags":3tgotao5 said:
I usually don't complain about officiating, but to call that one and turn around and not call the DB on the next play for pulling on Tate's jersey was pretty lame. Let em play on both or call PI on both. Not call the ticky-tack and then let the next one slide. Oh well, everybody has a job to do.

Would have liked to hear from Kearse if he pulled up on that ill-advised throw across the middle that turned into an interception (looking like it killed any chance for a win)? It seemed to be out in front of him a ways but the DB kept running and got it. Just wondering, no blame since the QB probably should have turfed that one. Hindsight being 20/20.

Yeah the issue I had was with the fact that they called one ticky-tack call and not the other. I would have been fine with it either way if they had just called both the same. They were both borderline, but if the refs were consistent they would have both been penalties.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
drdiags":3p9c6g2w said:

Glad someone said this. Same official, same area, different calls. Not exactly consistent.

OP
OP
12thMan1

12thMan1

Reaction score
drdiags":14oowjvz said:

I rewatched that interception a couple of times and I think Wilson thought that Kearse was going to sweep in front of that DB but it seems like Kearse gave up on the route. Wilson has done a pretty good job at not throwing a pass on pure anticipation. That was one of the few times where he didn't wait for his reciever to get open before the pass.

A

Anonymous

drdiags":1oo65srs said:

My thoughts to a "T", James.

Well said.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Chop Chop half assed an inside route that ended up giving Wilson an INT. I'd like to see more crisp routes inside from him, but those fly routes are money with him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2m77xm77 said:
drdiags":2m77xm77 said:

Yeah the issue I had was with the fact that they called one ticky-tack call and not the other. I would have been fine with it either way if they had just called both the same. They were both borderline, but if the refs were consistent they would have both been penalties.
:sarcasm_on: Oh no, no, no, if you ask a lot of the Texans fans, the Seahawks were getting away with murder. :sarcasm_off:
As far as I'm concerned, that borderline push off had NO affect on the separation between the CB and Receiver, and it was a TD.
That was a non call IMHO.
A little later on in the game, Browner was called for PI, and rightfully so, JUST like the PI that didn't get called on the Texans CB, UNLESS, (and correct me if I'm wrong), the QB was out of the pocket.....Just like Jacksons push off TD in XL eh?

OP
OP
12thMan1

12thMan1

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3k8px6ws said:
HawkFan72":3k8px6ws said:
drdiags":3k8px6ws said:

:sarcasm_on: Oh no, no, no, if you ask a lot of the Texans fans, the Seahawks were getting away with murder. :sarcasm_off:
As far as I'm concerned, that borderline push off had NO affect on the separation between the CB and Receiver, and it was a TD.
A little later on in the game, Browner was called for PI, and rightfully so, JUST like the PI that didn't get called on the Texans CB, UNLESS, (and correct me if I'm wrong), the QB was out of the pocket.....Just like Jacksons push off TD in XL eh?

If the DB makes contact and doesn't turn to look for the ball, he's gonna get called for PI 9 times out of 10 regardless of whether or not the QBs in the pocket.

davidonmi

Reaction score
12thMan1":3iddrggb said:
scutterhawk":3iddrggb said:
HawkFan72":3iddrggb said:
drdiags":3iddrggb said:

If the DB makes contact and doesn't turn to look for the ball, he's gonna get called for PI 9 times out of 10 regardless of whether or not the QBs in the pocket.
My argument against that is the ball was thrown too far out bounds for it to be catchable

OP
OP
12thMan1

12thMan1

Reaction score
.[/quote]
My argument against that is the ball was thrown too far out bounds for it to be catchable[/quote]

That's what I was screaming at the TV on that particular play.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1cd5n8se said:
THAT'S what we should call this Hawk defense: From Hell. Cuz, like Jack the Ripper, they get away with Murder.