Pro Football Talk's 2012 Re-Draft - Tannehill over Wilson?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Rat":3jkexxnu said:
DavidSeven":3jkexxnu said:
Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.
Wayne is great. However, if you had to choose between these two supporting casts:

1. Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

2. Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch

It's not even close which one you take. Not to mention that the Seahawks had a much, MUCH better defense, along with a better offensive line than the Colts.

That's not to say that I'd take Luck over Wilson; I wouldn't.

I don't see why, as Seahawks fans, we have to bash Luck at every turn believe that he is some overrated hack. He's an amazing young talent, and fans of both the Colts and Seahawks should be absolutely thrilled to have an elite-caliber QB on their roster for likely the next decade plus.

How was I bashing him? I made a comment about him still being the near consensus pick as the #1 QB prospect in the 2012 class, even though he was outperformed by both Wilson and RG3. You said yourself you would take Wilson over him, so it looks like we're in agreement. Objective analysis is allowed here. Also, someone asked who Luck had in terms of top level talent. I answered him.

Never said he wasn't elite or won't be elite. Read it again.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
bigcc":3f9xtb30 said:
DavidSeven":3f9xtb30 said:
Interesting that Luck is still widely considered the #1 prospect of the 2012 class despite having two rookies outperform him in every meaningful QB metric last year. Bias toward tall white QBs is alive and well in the nation. Don't give me the "he's a true pocket passer" crap. Luck didn't demonstrate that he could do even that better than Wilson or RG3.

to be fair he took a team in a MUCH worse position than the other two into the playoffs, not to mention RG3 has Morris, Wilson has Beast, Luck has.... ummm?

In one of the worst divisions in football. The Jaguars and Titans spotted the Colts 4 wins.

Blaine Gabbert put up better numbers than Luck so don't just blame the supporting cast.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rat":prqwaza4 said:
DavidSeven":prqwaza4 said:
Luck has Reggie Wayne who is by far the best WR on any of those three teams. The Colts also had one of the worst strength of schedules in the league. Their 11-5 record was a joke.
Wayne is great. However, if you had to choose between these two supporting casts:

1. Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Coby Fleener, Vick Ballard (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

2. Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, Marshawn Lynch

It's not even close which one you take. Not to mention that the Seahawks had a much, MUCH better defense, along with a better offensive line than the Colts.

That's not to say that I'd take Luck over Wilson; I wouldn't.

I don't see why, as Seahawks fans, we have to bash Luck at every turn believe that he is some overrated hack. He's an amazing young talent, and fans of both the Colts and Seahawks should be absolutely thrilled to have an elite-caliber QB on their roster for likely the next decade plus.
Where I see the big advantage is at RB the rest is even. We both have subpar OL's concerning pass blocking last year. But that can be fixed by draft and maturity.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Shaun King's logic was freaking stupid too.. so what that Russell Wilson found a great home in Seattle? He's still better than Ryan Tannehill and last I checked in a REDRAFT you're taking guys who are BETTER than you originally thought.

And holy crap, he's put on like 100 pounds.

King's playing days:
head_shot.jpg

WEB 11 07 KING TALKBACK 640x360 2302705964